Emergency

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

Today's the day.

Today's the day of my first track meet and I'm excited as I can ever be.

I've trained so hard for this during the many practices that I've attended. Through minor injures like shin splints, and calf spasms, surely, I've put my all into these practices, and I strongly believe that my work will be showcased. I've also been able to get along with everyone on the track and field team—even the boys' team. It's like once you have something in common with someone, for example running, you're able to go off on so many tangents about the interest. So far, things seem to be aligning the way I want things to be. grandma's health seems to be going smoothly since we are only days away from her surgery date of March 15th, as she, Taehyung, and Hanbin are going to watch my first race.

Though I am excited, I am also very nervous, it's not like I want to be nervous, it's just an innate human characteristic that is just uncontrollable. I just want the people that I care for the most see me in my absolute best performance.

Now that I think about it, it must be frightening to be in Taehyung, and Hanbin's shoes when they dance on stage. Yikes man.

Just then, a hand softly touched my shoulder, "Are you ready? We're heading out to the field in a few." I spun around to see Jungah, the captain of the girls' track team. Over the course of time throughout practice, I'm starting to admire Jungah's bold personality when it comes to leading. She just has that spark that other people don't have. Jungah's also been the one to include me into team discussions, and activities, and I'm truly thankful for that.

I looked her in the eye, "I-I think so. I mean, what else do I have to do?" I then ped my track jacket that was given to me the day of practice, and grabbed my duffel bag, "Let's start heading ou-"

"Nope not yet," Jungah grabbed onto my arm as she shook her head.

"What else do I need to do?" I asked with my head tilting to one side, "I'm wearing my uniform, I have my water, bag, and everything else."

She pulled a stack of paper out of her duffel bag, and placed a piece of paper with a printed number in my hands, "Since you're officially a varsity runner, you need to wear your number. This will be for the judges to identify you, and to record your score, arraso?"

I nodded my head, "Ne."

"Now, come on, let's see what coach has to say before we disperse to our designated events."

I softly smiled at the captain in approval, "Of course!"

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

​"Do you see Chaeji yet?" I asked everyone around me, including my team, Chaeji's grandma, and iKON. We all decided that this is a big moment for Chaeji so we should all come to support her. She'salways supported our dance gigs so this would be great for her.

"Not yet. They're probably grouping up as a team," Chaeji's grandma, who was seated to the right of me, suggested.

Hanbin, who sat to the right of Chaeji's grandma, shook his head as he pointed, "I doubt that. Look, the other team has already arrived!"

I looked over to where he was pointing, and a flood of track athletes from the opposing team were already starting to mark their territory, "Where could Chaeji be?"

A squeaky voice from behind me yelled, "Yah, V. Can you move your head? I can't see!"

I turned around and looked at Jimin, the owner of the voice, "Why can't you just grow taller? I sat here first!"

"Just move your head! That's all I'm asking for! That's literally one movement!" Jimin argued.

I heaved a sigh, "Fine, bu-"

"There's Chaeji! I saw her before all of you!" Donghyuk shouted, and in response, Hanbin eyed the boy.

We all stood up to see if we could get a closer view of Chaeji, and boy, who knew someone in a track suit would make my heart flutter like a fan girl awaiting her idol's comeback. The way she was smiling at everyone on the field left me awe-struck. It was a surely a sight.

"Hyung Hyung, you're drooling," Jungkook rudely interrupts my moment. I touched my lips, to realize that I was actually drooling. Ugh. 

"It's okay, you're not the only one," Chaeji's grandmother specifically points Hanbin out as his mouth grew wider by the second.

"I couldn't have agreed anymore," I chuckled as we both shared a fist bump.

"Hi Hanbin, are you going to wish me good luck? This is the first time I've seen you at a track meet," A very annoying voice uttered. Ew. Who would want to bother asking Hanbin that? He's not cool enough to have fans, is he?

Everyone in the group shifted their attention over to Hanbin, and the girl that is apparently trying to flirt with Hanbin.

Clearly, the girl is Woo Jihyun, a very popular, yet scary girl that has the biggest crush on Hanbin for some strange reason. I hear that her older brother is none other than Woo Jiho. Even though he goes by Zico, that guy is crazily unpredictable. Once you're on his hit list, you'll see the light of day. Judging by her tight shorts, and the rest of her apparel, it seems that she's on the track team. Chaeji's also on the team, I wonder if she's caused any trouble around Chaeji.

Since Jihyun knows for a fact that we're Triple Kim, it seems like Jihyun would definitely taunt Chaeji, despite Chaeji's wonderful personality. Has Jihyun bothered Chaeji already? Are they friends?

Hanbin looked surprised to see Jihyun standing above him. awkwardly he mutters an inaudible, "Fighting."

I'm just guessing that he's being nice since her brother is the infamous Zico. Poor baby.

"Girl, just back off. He doesn't like you back, and the rest of he human population doesn't like you bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter