The Unexpected

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"No way."

"What?"

"Look at this!" I pointed out.

"You got a 98% on your test?" Taehyung scoffed as he shifted himself closer to my desk. upon a closer view, he pretended to fix his imaginary glasses, "How? I could have sworn that I knew more about the material than you!"

I raised an eyebrow while folding my arms in triumph, "I guess it just happened." I then asked, "What did you get?"

He suddenly stiffened his position and clicked his tongue, "Nothing of your concern. This is for my eyes, and my eyes only, Chae." He probably failed. That is probably the only explanation for that.

"Oh really?" I tilted my head. He quickly nodded in response. Hmm, I guess that means I shouldn't pester him any further about it. I mean, there are other people I can talk about the test to, "Okay, Tae."

I then swiftly turned my focus onto Hanbin as I turned around, "How was the test, Hanbinnie?"

He glanced at me, then glanced back towards the front of the classroom. I guess I still have to make an effort for Hanbin to return.

"Hanbin, are you really going to give me the silent treatment?" I asked as I placed my hands on his desk. "It annoys me when you do that."

There. It's that simple. If he doesn't respond to me at all, hopefully, this will irk him.

"I thought the test was okay. I could have done better."

Am I hearing things?

What am I hearing?

Is that Hanbin?

Was that Hanbin that finally spoke?

I looked at Hanbin to just to make sure that the voice I heard belonged to him.

He looked at me.

He freakin' looked at me like we were having a conversation.

"H-Hanbin, you're back." I sarcastically placed my hand on top of my chest, "You're actually back."

His expression remained placid, "I never left." His sassy tone is still there. It's clearly evident.

"You really are back, Hanbinnie." Taehyung hugged him from the side.

"Guys, we're in class. It's not like I've resurrected from the dead," Hanbin warned in annoyance, "You're just lucky our teacher hasn't called on us yet."

"He really is back," Zelo whispered from the sideline as he fixed his papers.

"So Zelo, what is the answer to my question?" The teacher suddenly spoke.

He looked around the room in horror since he was clearly caught in the act,"Uh...um..." His voice seemed a bit hoarse. He looked down at his notebook, then looked upright to the teacher, "Twenty-four."

"Junhong, I am very concerned for you and your mental health." Sarcasm could clearly be heard from the teacher's voice, "I didn't know that the number twenty-four could have transferred from one atom to another." The class erupted in a quiet laughter. "I guess you'll need to see me after school today."

Zelo sunk in his chair as he whispered, "Are you ing kidding me?"

"What was that Junhong?" The teacher spoke up once again.

"Uh, nothing." He breathed out.

I guess not everyone has the best of luck today.

 

 

 

"Why, Hanbin?" Taehyung asked as he split a blue popsicle and continued to eat both of them.

"Why what?" Hanbin asked as he shifted his backpack on his back.

He gave him a look, "You know exactly what I'm talking about, Hanbinnie. Now spill the jelly beans." He ruffled his hair. "We're not in class anymore and we're just in the market across from school. Just tell us what's up."

"Um, Taehyung, don't you just mean beans?" Hanbin asked while fixing his messy hair.

Avoiding the question, huh? "Aish just answer the question, Hanbin. I'm also curious to know!" I quickly demanded.

"I just needed time away from you guys..." Hanbin started off.

 

 

 

Kim Hanbin

I don't think I'm ready to tell them everything, but I'll just tell them some things. It won't hurt, would it?

Afterall, they're my best friends. They can understand me the best, "After talking to Bobby, I realized my time away from you guys was hurting me and you guys, but I also needed that time to both repent and reevaluate my life. Am I actually going to college? Is my major right for me? Am I appreciating life? Those were the questions that I thought to myself about after I found out you two were dating." I looked at the ground, "Though it still bugs me, I'll eventually get over it. It's this friendship that I treasure more rather than a relationship."

"Aww, Hanbin," Chaeji hugged me from behind. "We'll make sure to always be there for you," she brightly smiled.

Taehyung also joined in on our hug, "We'll always be there as long as you tell us. You're one sneaky bastard, Hanbinnie."

Me? I'm the sneaky bastard? "Oh I'm the sneaky one? Who was the one that kept this relationship a secret now? It definitely wasn't me!" I let out a sarcastic laugh as we all walked across the street to school.

"Okay, okay. Everyone in this friendship is pretty sneaky. Let's just head back to my car so we don't have to be in this heat any longer, arraso?" Chaeji asked before sprinting over to her car.

"Y-yah! Don't run! I have ice cream!" Taehyung cried as he caught up with her as soon as he made it to the sidewalk.

I chuckled to myself before catching up, "If only we can stay like this forever." I began to sprint, "Hajima!"

 

 

 

Kim Chaeji

"I'm home!" I greeted as I took off my shoes before entering into my house.

Grandma then emerged from the staircase through the sounds of footsteps, "Good afternoon, Chae. You're home early, and you also seem to be in such a happy mood today. Did something happen?"

I brightly smiled, "Yes. Actually, something did happen."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter