Back to Normal?

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Oh, it's so good to be back at home. It actually smells like home, Chaeji." Grandma closed her eyes, and once again breathed in the scent that the house apparently gave off.

Yes, it's been a week since grandma has been away at the hospital, and she's finally back. Clearly, she misses home. With that being said, I couldn't just have grandma come back home the way it was, I had to clean the house for four hours—four hours that was well-worth it.

But that wasn't the only trick I had up my sleeve.

I closed the front door behind us, and locked it, "I'm glad to have you back home." 

"Hm, you know what? I'll take a nap in my room. Being in the hospital made me feel so exhausted."

Grandma headed towards the stairs until I interrupted her, "You're not going up now. I made dinner!" That was the grand prize.

She took another step up the stairs, "I just got home, and all I really want to do is to take a nap."

My efforts have gone to waste. All of that hard work has vanished in a flash.

I let out a sigh, "Fine then, just remember that we do have food in the house. I did some grocery shopping."

She smiled, "Thank you, Chae. I do appreciate the thought. I know you put a lot of work into this, but I just feel so exhausted. When I wake up, I'll be sure to eat whatever you made."

Grandma then continued up the stairs. "Oh, one more thing." She paused.

"Yes?" I asked as I took a step forward.

"Have you decided on-"

I chuckled, "No, I haven't decided on a university yet."

"Not that, you silly goose." She let out a laugh, "I was going to ask if you've decided between Taehyung or Hanbin yet."

I stood there frozen in thought, "I...uh..."

She slightly smirked, "It seems as if you already know."

My eyes grew wide, "Well, goodnight then."

My mouth opened in shock.

Have I decided?

 

 

 

"Hey! How have you been? You haven't shown up to practice for a week!"

"I know, Coach, but here I am now," I replied while shrugging. "Hopefully I haven't fallen behind."

"We'll just let you have a recovery workout for now." Boy, the Coach doesn't know anything about my injury. "Until you feel better, you can resume regular practice with the rest of the kids, is that okay with you?"

To say that I have been injured is clearly an understatement. It would be great to do some easy workouts, but I've been fine all this time. I only had tiny scrape that wouldn't do much harm anyway.

I guess I'll do the regular workouts.

"Coach, I think I can handle the regular workouts. We have a meet coming up in a week, so I might as well start my workouts strong."

He looked at me in shock, "A-Are you sure?"

I nodded my head.

"Well," He paused, "Okay then. You know where they practice, right?"

I nodded my head once again.

"Then get to it!" He cheered.

After jogging over to the track, I felt a slight tug on my shoulders, "There you are!"

I looked back at the familiar voice, "Ah, Jungah, long time no see."

She released her grip on my shoulder before continuing, "You better be all healed up, Jihyun was going to take your spot if you couldn't run at our next meet."

Ignoring the comment about Jihyun, I shrugged my shoulders, "Well, hopefully I can catch up with everyone for the workout."

Jungah nodded her head, "Good. That's what I want to hear from you. Alright, now let's get back to practice!"

"Ugh. You're back already?" Jihyun blurted out as she walked over to us.

I rolled my eyes, "Jihyun. You practically begged for me to come back to practice the other day. What else could you want from me?" To add onto the fire, I thought I'd try imitating Junhoe, "I mean, I know you can't resist me." Okay, that sounded weird on me.

She gave me a strange, what-the-hell-did-you-just-say look, before scoffing, "Excuse me, but you are not irresistible, Kim Chaeji. You're quite the opposite."

I raised my eyebrow, and slightly chuckled, "Then excuse you. You're the one who just walked up to me."

Jungah looked around us, noticing that a crowd that had formed, "Alright, let's wrap up this, heartwarming conversation up and get back to practice."

I turned my attention towards Jungah, "Oh, I just got warmed up."

"And you're done, Chaeji. Now let's go." She grabbed my hand and we both walked away.

"Jungah!"

"Chaeji!"

"That was my moment!" I whined.

She let out a breath before whispering, "There were people watching. If a teacher caught you guys, then you wouldn't have a chance to run at the next meet. Then who knows. Next you could be suspended from school!"

Although I wanted to do so much to Jihyun, nothing could be solved with that girl. It was still very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter