Post-Vacation Depression

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

Even though it's the second day of school, it feels like hell. I'm definitely experiencing post-vacation depression.

Ugh. I just don't want to be in class right now. I want to stay home with grandma. The strange thing about today is that both Taehyung and Hanbin told me that they both had stuff to do this morning. It's usually one or the other from my experience from previous years, but really? Both of them? It just seems really weird. It's also the second day of school, so the ride to school seemed to be extremely quiet...too quiet for my liking. I wonder what could have kept them to be so busy.

 

 

 

"Yo." I hear from above me. Is that the holy voice from above? I looked up to see Zelo standing above me since I'm sitting in my desk. I jumped from my seat in response to his sudden early morning greeting.

"H-Hi." I waved back as I still looked above me. Why do some people have to be so tall? He's like an overgrown giraffe!  He stood there for a while and I continued to look up at him. He doesn't seem to be moving an inch any time soon.

"So..." Zelo started. Oh. My. God. He actually wants to talk to me-not just greet, but actually talking to me, "What happened to those guys behind us?" G-guys? Does he mean Hanbin and Taehyung?

"H-huh?" I questioned as my eyebrows creased. It sounds like he was talking about Hanbin and Taehyung, but I wouldn't be too sure about it considering that he could be talking about other people.

"Your friends. The guys that sit behind us." Zelo pointed, but managed to continue standing above me. I swear I can see him growing taller. It's freaking the hell out of me.

"Ah. They needed to do some things before school started." I answered in a cool manner as I faced forward once again, "Why? Are you worried about them?"

Zelo looked at my strangely then sat on his desk to the left of me, "Worried? Are you kidding me? Worried? I always see you with those guys."

The way Zelo said those guys sounded so offensive to me. If anything, I have to stand up for them, "Well those guys happen to be my best friends, Kim Taehyung and Kim Hanbin. We've been best friends for a while and we plan on keeping it that way." I boldly crossed my arms, "So don't just call them, those guys." Whatever ounce of interest I had in Zelo is gone. Once he's made fun of my best friends, I wouldn't even consider this guy a human.

Zelo seemed to behave in a fidgety manner after my mini lecture, which I found to be quite entertaining. Oh jeez guys, you're missing out, "Uh. I didn't mean to make it sound offensive in anyway. Trust me. Please. I'm sorry." Zelo then kneeled onto the dirty floor. Ew, that's just gross, "Please, I'm begging for forgiveness."

After Zelo's sudden action, I rolled my eyes, "What the fück, man? The floor's dirty. Get up." I replied back, "Even if you're on the floor, I still won't forgive you. They're important people to me."

Zelo looked up and beamed a smile, "You could have told me sooner. I didn't mean to make it sound like that on purpose. I still have a growing voice so it's destined to sound funny at some points. Clearly that happened at that very moment. So do you forgive me?" he asked, seemingly looking like he was pleading for mercy more than asking for forgiveness.

I could see his point about his voice changing. I remember when V's voice didn't sound like a 30 year old smoker's a few years back. It's funny that now that memory is so nostalgic to me. I still think Hanbin's voice is going through transformation, but who knows? "Ah. I see your point about the voice." I admitted with a pause," I guess I'll forgive you, but that doesn't mean you've earned my respect." I folded my arms.

Zelo then reached in for a hug. I don't know why, but he surprisingly smells like tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes to be exact, "I'm glad tha-"

"Yah!" Someone suddenly screamed. I escaped from Zelo's arms and spun to the source of the voice. Taehyung was standing at the doorway of the classroom, "Chaeji! Come here!"

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

Ugh. I didn't mean to tell her to come here. I just want her to get away from that guy, Zelo. He annoys the hell out of me, his height, attitude, and everything about him. When walked into class, the first thing I saw was that hug.

Dammit. When I saw that, my chest was clenching, and I could feel my blood boiling. Is that a normal condition for someone in love, or am I just the strange one?

Anyway, the reason why I told Chaeji that she didn't need to pick me up this morning is because I was doing something that would definitely please Chaeji. I made a collage of several of our childhood photos together. It's not much, but I didn't want to make things too extravagant. I've decided that it would be best to not directly confront Chaeji with my feelings just yet. It would take too much of a toll on my heart to start now, especially with Zelo in the way. I also want to show her my cool, manly side of me.

"Hey, Taehyung, what's up?" Chaeji greets. How could she say that so casually? Oh yeah, her family didn't decipher her feelings and tell her that she's in love with her best friend.

Fücking shît. I don't know what to say, "I-I...s-s-socks..." I start to stutter, "...w-whale...S-Simba-"

Chaeji's face contorted into a confused expression, "Um. Taehyung, are you okay? You're stuttering." Chaeji then placed her hand on my cheek as she looked at my face, "You don't seem to be sick..."

My face was as red as a tomato from her touch. This is probably my chance to show her my cool side. I then placed my hands on top of her hand that cupped my face, "I'm not sick, Chaeji. Don't worry." Chaeji pulled her hand away from her face and her eyes grew wide from my actions. Did she like it?

"W-what the hell was that? Taehyunggie, I think you should go to the nurse..." Chaeji stammered with worry in her eyes as her cheeks slightly turned pink.

Being the cool, calm, and collective male that I am aspiring to act like, I towered over Chaeji just a tiny bit. I don't want to scare her or anything, it just felt like the only thing to do at the moment, "I don't need to go to the nurse, but I have a gift for you."

"A gift?" Chaeji's voice immediately sprung up, "I want to see it!" Chaeji loves gifts, even if it's just a simple pencil that could be found from the floor.

I chuckled at her childlike behavior, "Alright. It's in my bag. Just give me a second." Chaeji jumped up and down while clapping her hands. 

"What are we so happy about?" A familiar voice rings through my ears. Both Chaeji and I look behind me from the source of the voice to find that it was Hanbin.

 

 

 

Kim Hanbin

"Yah. Kim Hanbin. Where were you all morning?" Chaeji scolds with her hands on her waist, "It really was one hell of a morning without the two of you." She was worried about me? Wait. She said 'you two'...

"Aigoo, there's no need in worrying about me at all. Check out my hair." I pointe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter