That was Quite Smooth Coming from an Alien

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

You would think that a teenaged girl would be ecstatic to go back to school after vacation, to return back to her petty school drama, or even to learn, right?

Wrong—well, for this girl, that is.

The way to school was scary silent. After bidding my grandma goodbye even though this will be my last semester in high school, and grabbing my gym clothes for track tryouts today, we were all pretty sleepy, and, of course, very unwilling to go to school. You should have seen Taehyung's parents this morning. They had to carry Taehyung into to my car. He was practically sleeping like a log!

We shouldn't have school today. There should have been a miraculous snow storm to save everyone from this dreadful post vacation blues.

"Hi, Chaeji," A soft, familiar voice from my left could be heard, "How was your winter break?"

I slowly turned to my left to see the Jurassic Zelo taking a seat at his desk as he whips his hair—twice. What can I say about my break? I mean, there was the whole situation with my dreadful parents, my grandma's body, New Year's, ice skating, "It was good."

From there, an awkward silence filled the tension between us. Where is Taehyung and Hanbin when you need them? I looked behind me to find that both of them were nowhere in sight. Of course, Hanbin said that he had to meet up with Chanwoo, his teammate, to go over something that had to do with dance, but what about Taehyung? Where did Taehyung say he'd go? Did Taehyung even leave my car?

Zelo then picked up the awkward conversation once again, "My vacation went pretty well, I mean, I got to go back to my hometow-"

"I'm sorry!" Looking up at the clock, I timidly blurted, "I forgot something in my car!"

From there, I sprinted to my car to realize that that something that I left my my car was none other than Taehyung!

 

 

 

I tapped on the window, "Yo, Taehyung! Wake up!"

He obviously didn't budge, or open his eyes at the very least.

I unlocked the door, and shook his shoulders, "Come on, Tae, wake up! We have school!"

Strangely, I paused for a moment. Taehyung's features glistened in my eyes in a way that I have never seen before. His long eyelashes cascades ever so nicely, and somehow, his jaw line looks...defined? Wait. What am I saying? I need to get a hold of myself. He's obviously not like my K-Idols. Out of nowhere, mu heart started to beat at a rate that's abnormal from the usual. I'm probably thinking this way because it's the day back from vacation. Yeah. That must be it.

Suddenly, Taehyung rolled into a ball, "Not now. Give me five more minutes."

I rolled my eyes, "Come on, just get up. We have school!"

Taehyung wiggled around like a worm, then finally got up, "Fine. Let's get going."

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

I quickly jumped out of the car, and closed the door, "Yah, Chaeji, let's go!"

She stood there confused from my sudden actions until I swiftly caught her wrist in my grasp, and started bolting towards the entrance of the door.

I mean, what else can a boy in love do? Of course, my heart starts to beat rapidly with every quick step I take, and the thumping just seems to get louder and louder. Okay, heart, I get that I like Chaeji, will you please stop beating? I hope Chaeji doesn't realize that my palms are starting to sweat like crazy.

Ugh. The things love can do to you.

Quickly, I unknowingly glanced over at Chaeji while we were running into the school building. Dammit, why must my eyes betray me?

"What are you guys doing?" A stern, yet familiar voice echoed through the crowded halls. Oh shît.

Both Chaeji and I stopped in our tracks.

"Hanbin! What do you mean by that!? What are you doing lurking in the hallway!" exclaimed Chaeji with her arms flailing around in the air.

"Me?" Hanbin's face was surprisingly getting more red by the second as his eyebrows rose, "Oh please. What about the two of you? Why are you guys holding hands! Don't do that! That's not right!" He stood in a funky ninja position before pretending to slice the sword, which were his arms, between our hands that held Chaeji and I together, "That's no no."

My heart felt like it dropped for a second—possibly the longest second in my life. My only chance with Chaeji at this very moment was ridiculously destroyed by my other best friend.

I rolled my eyes out of pure instinct. As crazy as it may seem, although we are all best friends, he and I are pretty much love rivals, right? "Don't be such a baby, silly Hanbin. I can hold Chaeji's hand whenever I want," Here it comes, "We're in a romantic relationship, after all."

Both Hanbin's and Chaeji's facial expressions obviously showed that they were shocked.

"When did this happen?!" Hanbin frantically asked, "Shouldn't I know about this?"

 

 

 

Kim Hanbin

​"What the hell, Taehyung?!" Chaeji yelled, "I told you guys that I still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter