Prologue Part 1

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Good morning, grandma," I smiled as I happily strolled over to lightly peck my grandmother's cheek in adoration.

"Good morning, sweetie," My grandmother greeted while hugging me, "Are you ready for school?"

"Grandma, don't scare me like that! School is in a week!" I made a pouting face while tugging onto my grandmother's shirt.

I love my grandma. She acknowledges that I despise going to school, but she dearly wants me to get an education. Don't get me wrong on that. I'm a good student, I just don't like school.

Period.

"Honey, you need to be prepared to go to school; I don't want you to have a terrible future knowing that I was in control of it! Plus, Hanbin and Taehyung will be there with you!" My grandmother explained as she walked towards the counter in the kitchen as she started to wash the dishes. There she goes with the Hanbin and Taehyung Talk. They're my best friends and all, but it seems that she just always talks about them.

"Grandma, I understand that, but I didn't mean it that way." I chuckled as I followed my grandma to the kitchen counter, "Besides, I just want to spend more time with you. School has always been a hindrance when it comes to spending time with you." I said as I grabbed a dry rag.

"Even if you do, I want you to go to school. You're 17 and I don't want you to end up like your parents." She said as I helped to dry the dishes.

"Hmm, I guess so." I sighed as we finished washing and drying the dishes together.

"It's also your final year of high school. At least get your diploma!"

"So you're saying we can spend more time together after I earn my diploma, right?"

 

 

 

My name is Kim Chaeji and I live with my grandma. Ever since my parents have left me at a very young age, my grandmother and I had always been together. I guess you can say we're the best of friends. If she needs me, I'll go to her, and if I need her, she'll go to me. We're like two peas in a pod, Boots and Dora, Suzy and IU or maybe even SpongeBob and Patrick. The phrases are endless.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter