All I Want For Christmas Is You? Part 1

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I'm the queen.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried!

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know!

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!"

My grandma and I sang as we opened our gifts under our sparkling Christmas tree. 

Yes, it's that fun time of year. Glistening beauties flowing out of the sky, sledding, and of course, hot cocoa. The season of joy, and wonder, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, and soon to be the new year. This time in the season always brings delight to me and seems so magically perfect, but then again, I am definitely exaggerating the word perfect.

Now let me tell you, it has always been extremely difficult holiday shopping for everyone. It's not that it's difficult to find gifts for people, but everyone wants to go shopping with me. 

Don't they know why gifts are supposed to be wrapped? I understand that it's the thought that counts, but that just makes it 10 times harder to make the gift anonymous. I mean, at least give this girl some space to wrap the presents at the very least!

"Dear, open this one up! I know you'll love this one since it's also the last gift that's left!" Grandma excitedly demanded as she handed me a neatly wrapped present that fit in the palm of my hand.

I chuckled at my grandmother's adorable Christmas behavior, "Arasso, but you don't have to say that about every gift."

"I know, I know, but you'll love this one, trust me," Grandma assured.

A tear escaped my eye, "Thank you so much, grandma." She's really touched my heart. Everything she's done for me, and just being herself is already enough as a Christmas gift.

"Aigoo, Chaeji. You haven't even opened up your gift and you're already crying," my grandma complained as she helped wipe my tear away, "You do this every year."

"B-but I'm just so thankful...for everything. You've done so much for me already. I'm content with you being here as my Christmas gift. There's no need for silly objects," I warmly said as I hugged my grandmother.

She hugged back and giggled, "And this is why it's difficult to find you presents every year."

We let go of the hug and I began to open up my gift, a necklace. It was a beautifully crafted gold necklace with the engravings on the circle pendant, 'Grandma and Granddaughter'. I was breathless, "T-thank you so much, grandma! I love it!"

"I knew you would," She lovingly replied as she smiled, "That's why I also have one." She slowly pulled out her necklace from her neck to reveal the same exact necklace, "It's gold because gold is supposed to be everlasting, just like our grandmother granddaughter love."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Great, someone just had to ruin the moment.

"I'll get the doorbell," I offered. I want to know who exactly the party pooper is, the mailman, the neighbor, who?

"I'll pick up the wrapping paper," she offered as she slowly started to collect the rubbish on the floor.

I opened the door to reveal Taehyung and Hanbin, "You guys are âssholes. You know that right?" I sarcastically greeted.

"Not even a Merry Christmas from you? Come on! It's the holiday!" Taehyung shouted.

I laughed, "Haha, okay. Merry Christmas!!!" I screamed as I hugged them.

"Merry Christmas, Chaeji!" Hanbin grinned.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!" Taehyung screamed back, "That's how you're supposed to say it."

"Shut up," I jokingly replied. I looked over at Hanbin wearing a strange hat as my face contorted to a disgusted expression. Is that a mistletoe on his hat? What the actual fück. What does he want to kiss? The wall?

"Binnie, what the hell is that?" I confusingly asked as they both strolled into my house.

"That's a mistletoe hat. Let's just say that things didn't go so well for me on the way here..." Taehyung answered as he rubbed his cheek.

Just then, my grandmother walked into the room and her eyes lit up as she recognized who our guests were, "Good morning! Merry Christmas!" She walked up to the boys and hugged them.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" Taehyung enthusiastically screamed as he hugged back.

"Merry Christmas!" Hanbin greeted while hugging back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter