Dinner Delight?

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Darling, I'm so proud of you! I knew you'd be able to get onto the team!" Grandma congratulated me once again as we set the plates out for dinner. Taehyung and Hanbin are coming over for dinner today after hearing about tryouts. It shouldn't be a big deal, right? Even if I were to make it into the junior varsity team, I still feel like we'd be celebrating.

"Thank you, but you don't have to make it such a big dea-"

She then cut in, "Oh nonsense, you deserve to have this moment! It's not like everyday you tryout for a sport and suddenly make it into the varsity team! I've seen many stories through movies about children who don't make it to varsity on their first time. Michael Jordan wasn't successful his first try either. Everyone constantly have to practice and work for what they want! This is definitely a moment of celebration!"

"Michael Jordan is a basketball player, not a track runner. Other than that, I understan-"

"You're also finally doing an activity that doesn't involve your best friends! I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but that means that you're finally growing up! You're becoming a prosperous lady!" Grandma continues to add on.

I chuckled as I set the eating utensils onto the table, "Calm down, grandma. Running on a track isn't something I'd imagine what a prosperous lady would do. I know you're happy for me, but Taehyung, and Hanbin will be coming over very soon."

She then chirped in as she walked across the dining room to pat me on the shoulder, "That's alright, dear. We can all talk about how you've grown into a fine, prosperous lady!"

I can't do anything about this. Yes, having people talk about me is beyond my comfort level, but if my grandmother's okay with it, then I'm obviously okay with it. Who wouldn't want to make their grandmother happy anyway?

"Since you mentioned Taehyung, and Hanbin," Oh no. I feel that this conversation has already gone to a different galaxy, "Have you decided between the two yet? I know that they both are very interested in you, and you already told me about Taehyung holding your hand toda-"

"Can we not talk about them since they're coming for dinner soon? It might be awkward around them, and I won't be ready," I cut in. The more I talk about the two as potential boyfriends, the more my heart, and body tenses. I don't know why, but this just happens to me! They've been my best friends for years, and now, all of a sudden, I'm choosing between the two. I mean, there have been times when I have thought about it, but it's never occurred to me as a reality.

She then set the dinner on the center of the table, "Look at us, cutting into each other's speeches!" She suddenly changed the topic, then dramatically shifted it it back, "It's not like you're talking about a different guy in front of them anyway, Chaeji. They need to know so their hearts won't hurt too deeply."

I took a deep breath, "I know, it's just that-"

Just then, a knock was heard from the door, "Oh, That must be the boys! Can you get the door?"

I nodded, then sped to the door.

 

 

 

"Hey, you guys finally made it! It's about time!" I complained as I greeted them at the door while gesturing them to enter my house.

"Again, that's not a proper greeting, Chaeji," Taehyung sarcastically nagged as he walked into my house, "But, I'll let you go on that one, since you completely nailed tryouts today!!!" He then scooped me into a big bear hug, "Hanbin and I should have been there to support you all the way! I'm sorry we couldn't make it!"

By this time, Hanbin was done peeling off his jacket to then also join into the hug, "Yah! Make room for me! I want to congratulate you on a job well done at tryouts! The whole school is talking about it now! It's not like there's an ace runner that walks into tryouts everyday, now is there?!"

I hugged the both of them as tightly as I could, "Thanks, guys! I feel like I've finally found my path. You guys have dance, and now I have track!"

Grandma then walked into the room, "I'd hate to ruin this hug-fest, but dinner's ready, and on the table."

"Come on, you should join us!" Hanbin blurted out while sticking his head out of the group, "This is an in the moment kind of thing."

"Join the dark side, we have cookies bwahaha!" Taehyung hilariously added as he began to make room for her.

She shook her head, "No, but thank you, I appreciat-"

I then grabbed a hold of grandma's hand to lead her into the group, "Come on, grandma, let's hug it out."

She chuckled, "Oh alright! Why not?"

 

 

 

Kim Hanbin

"At that moment, in the water filled bathtub, I decided to turn off the lights to imagine being in my mother's womb!" Taehyung explained as he was describing his alien-like dream while taking a bite of his spoon full of rice.

I stood there speechless, with my mouth opened wide full of rice, after Taehyung explained his dream. Honestly, I can't tell if this is just a Taehyung thing, or if this dream could mean anything at this point in life. I mean, I've known him long enough to know the extent of his extraterrestrial behavior, but this could possibly be something that we should all be worried about—but then again, I could be deathly wrong.

Chaeji's face scrunched up in disgust, similar to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter