Dance Competition

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Grandma, will you please go to the dance competition with me?" I sweetly asked with the most innocent voice I had. I really wanted my grandma to go to watch and cheer Hanbin and Taehyung on. What kind of a best friend would I be if  I weren't there with my loving and caring grandmother?

As I had expected, my grandma gave me a strange look, "Aren't I going to embarrass you? No one wants to see an old lady at a dance competition anyway." What's wrong with seeing old ladies at dance competitions? Why is it so hard to convince my grandma to go to Taehyung and Hanbin's dance competition? I thought it'd be easy as pie!

"Please, grandma! That's only what you think! I love hanging out with you, and you know  that! You could also bring your friends too! I'm sure they'd love to see their grandkids out on stage!" I whined while pouting with the most ridiculous face I could pull off. If I bring up her best friends, I'm sure she'd definitely want to go to the competition. The more the merrier.

My grandma chuckled at my childish whining, "Fine, but you really need to stop bringing me to places. You'll just be embarrassed. I want you to live normally, like every other living, breathing teenager, arasso?"

"You know me, I won't be embarrassed." I hugged her, "I'll think about that, but I know that means you're going!" I squealed as I ran around, "I'll get ready! Call your friends!"

 

 

 

Grandma Uyu

​Why doesn't Chaeji understand me? I clearly want the best for her, but she just isn't understanding me! Although the dance competition sounds fun, I can't go there. Dance competition scenes are mainly targeted at young people. Being there would just prohibit Chaeji from living a normal life. I want what is best for her. What if I'm sick and unable to do anything?

I truly wish for Chaeji to be prepared for that moment. 

I know this isn't the end of it yet, but Chaeji needs to realize this sooner or later before anything serious comes up.

 

 

 

Kim Chaeji

"I think my ears are falling off," Grandma Mul screamed as she covered her ears.

Grandma Juseu rolled her eyes, "Oh please, it's the dance competition. Once we pulled into the parking lot, I could hear the music blasting! Didn't you hear it?"

"Okay. Whatever you say." Grandma Mul sarcastically replied as she slightly walked ahead, "Now where are the boys?" Who knew that going to the competition with my grandma and her friends would be so fun. They're like a living, breathing party. With complaining here and there, and insults being thrown around, these ladies should consider being stars of a reality show. It's been so long since I've actually spent time with them like this.

It's nice. 

I wonder what Taehyung, Hanbin and I would be like when we're old...

"Yah! I think that's Hanbin!" My grandmother screamed through the blasting music. We all looked over to the figure that my grandma pointed to.

"Uyu, that isn't Hanbin. That's a mop and bucket," Juseu corrected as she continued looking at the figure across the lobby where the dance competition was being held. 

My grandma pouted from her mistake, "My bad, I thought it was really your grand kid."

"It's okay, his hair somewhat looks like that..." Grandma Mul replied. 

"Hey Chaeji," A familiar male voice greeted from behind me.

 

 

 

Grandma Uyu

​Was that a guy's voice that uttered my Chaeji's name?

We all turned around  to see a very tall, pale boy whip his hair to the side. This boy knows my granddaughter? Is this the skater boy that she has mentioned once before?

"Do you know where Taehyung and Hanbin are?" Chaeji asked the tall boy. Chaeji, where are the manners I taught you?

"No 'Hi, Zelo'? I came from the other side of  this room just to say greet you, you know. The least you can do is say hi," the tall boy complained. As I look at his features, he does seem quite handsome. 

"Oh, my bad. Hi Zelo! Do you know where Hanbin and Taehyung are?" Chaeji sarcastically greeted as she  crossed her arms. Chaeji, please don't take that sass any further. I taught you better than that.

The tall boy named Zelo rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Hanbin is outside. His team has a problem right now, so I don't think it would be the greatest idea to intervene. Taehyung and his team are backstage. I can take you there if you'd like." Zelo's eyes then trailed over to Mul, Juseu and me, "I'm Zelo, but my real name is Choi Junhong, it's nice to meet you," he introduced as he bowed. What a nice boy. I wouldn't mind it if he and Chaeji were dating.

Chaeji replied, "I don't think w-"

"I am Grandma Mul, Taehyung's grandmother! Are you by any chance friends with the Triple Kims?" Mul interrupted as she walked up to Zelo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter