A Look into Jinki's Childhood

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinki's POV:

 

"Does it still hurt?" I asked softly as I looked at Jisoo's hand that had slapped that woman, holding a popsicle against it to sooth the pain.

She shook her head with her lips curled up in a small smile before her eyebrows knitted slightly.

"Shouldn't I ask you this question?" she asked, making my two hands holding the two bottles of ice water against my cheeks tighten on the plastic bottles.

Kibum sighed as he looked at us.

"I didn't know they would be invited as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken you two to the wedding." he said, obviously feeling guilty because he was pouting his lips togeter.

It's not even his fault.

"Don't fuss about these things. Let's get go back and order pizza." I said, taking Jisoo's hand gently as we walked towards my car.

 

Kibum fell asleep in the guest room, leaving only me and Jisoo behind in the living room.

The smell of pizza was lingering in the space, as well as the sweet and sour scent of the orange juice Jisoo made earlier.

"Is your face really alright?" Jisoo asked worriedly, touching my right cheek lightly as she looked at me with pained eyes.

I hummed, nodding my head before I laid my head in the palm of her hand, something she blushed from. But even though her face turned red she didn't retrieve her hand, only letting herself lean back against the couch.

"I'm...sorry. You had to see all this." I apologized, Jisoo quickly shaking her head as she carressed my cheek, her thumb drawing circles on my skin.

"It's not like you can choose family, right?" she tried to smile, looking directly into my eyes.

My heart squeezed painfully together when I heard her words.

No... She is right. 

"You want to know my past?" I asked, trying to feel how she would react.

She looked at me, slightly biting her lips before she spoke.

"I would lie if I say I don't want to know... But I want you to be comfortable while telling me. I know very well how it is to feel to tell things I don't want to tell people." Jisoo explained, slightly smiling.

I nodded, trying to smile as well as I used her shoulder to lean on. She didn't push me away, accepting me being close to her.

"I was born in a rich family, my dad is the CEO of a big company but because of his work he was often busy and didn't had time to spend with his family. Because of his job, my mom raised me, took care of me, loved me all by herself." I started my story as I closed my eyes, cuddling closer to Jisoo who laid her head on mine quietly.

"Then one day he came back with another woman and her son. I was young but I understood what was going on. He betrayed my mother with another woman."

 

Narrator's pov:

*flashback*

"Mom?" Jinki looked at his mom who looked wide eyed at her husband in front of her, her eyes flickering pain when she lokoed at the woman and the little boy next to her.

"What is this?" she asked, looking straightly at Jinki's father, who looked serious and not even in the slightest quilty.

"From today on, Mari and her son Taemin will be living in this house." the man said, walking towards to the couch where he sat down, the woman and child following him.

Jinki looked confused at the woman, wondering if she was a family member he didn't know about but when he discovered the smirk playing on the womans lips, the young boy understood everything.

This woman was going to live in his home with another boy, her son.

"Are you not even going to explain anything to me?" Jinki's mother asked, her voice hinted with pain, sadness and anger.

"What is there to explain? You're smart enough to know, is it not?" the man huffed, leaning against the couch as he looked at his legal wife.

"What do you mean? Do you think it's normal to bring a stranger back into our house?!" Jinki's mother hissed, getting angrier as she looked at Mari sitting there like she owned the place.

"Mari is not a stranger! Taemin is my son and he and his mother will be living in my house. Do you have a problem with that?" Jinki's father asked, getting angry as well.

"Are you saying that you cheated on my for such a long time already?! Why?" she asked, tears threatening to escape her wet eyes.

"What are you fussing about? You're the legal wife, isn't it? Don't create troubles for Mari." the mai sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I can't believe you." Jinki's mother hissed as she walked away, the six year old boy quickly running behind his mother after glancing at the new woman and the three year old boy sitting obediently next to her.

 

"Mom, why are we not eating breakfast together?" Jinki asked confused as he climbed up a tall kitchen chair where her mother was panfrying some ham.

"I want to eat with only my sweetheart." she smiled warmly, patted Jinki's head lightly before using her chopsticks to get the fried ham out of the pan, placing it on a plate, along with sunny fried eggs.

Jinki beamed, taking his chopsticks obediently as he ate what his mother cooked for him for breakfast.

Her eyes looked at Jinki lovingly before they flickered with sadness.

"What is this? Eating secretly in the kitchen?" Mari asked when she entered the kitchen, looking at Jinki's mother with a small frown.

"Why should I eat secretly in my house?" she asked before pouring some milk in a glass for Jinki.

"If you have time to make breakfast, why not make some for everyone?" Mari asked with a soft scoff.

Jinki's mother ignored her and placed the pan in the sink before smiling at the housekeeper, a woman around her thirt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter