Jinki's Past

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's pov:

 

"Why are you here?" Jinki asked annoyed, glaring at the guy sitting next to him.

I smiled lightly before scooping some ice cream from my glass bowl, letting the cream melt, a strawberry flavor spreading through my mouth.

"Don't look at me like this."

"You're ruining my date." Jinki hissed, making me roll my eyes.

Why is he so mean to his friend?

"Kibum...right?" I asked, the fashionable guy quickly nodding his head, a beautiful smile appearing on his face. "How come I haven't seen you before?"

"Didn't Jinki tell you? I came here to visit. I don't live here, I moved to England with my family for quite some years already." 

My eyes widened slightly, my head giving a nod as the new information sank in.

"Oh, so you're the friend from abroad."

Kibum glanced at Jinki before giving me a nod as response.

"And you're the pretty girlfriend he got." Kibum grinned, giving Jinki a satisfied nod.

"Can you not at me like that? And don't check Jisoo out like that." he complained, making me chuckle lightly.

"Well, it's only normal for him to stare at a beauty like me." I winked, flipping my hair expertly.

Jinki looked at me with widened eyes, almost as big as that glass frame of his which made me chuckle amused.

He's so cute when he's baffled.

"Maybe I should dress you like me to keep you away from people like him." Jinki grumbled, pointing at Kibum who sighed while clicking his tongue.

"Can you not point at me like I'm some walking ert, ready to jump on every girl I see? And please. Can you not dress her like you? I can't believe you actually went out like this!" Kibum sighed heavily, his fingers pulling on some messy strands of Jinki.

"I'm comfortable like this." Jinki retorted.

"But you look like a hobo. You obviously have nice clothes hanging in your closet, yet you're...walking around like a moving rag."

"Aren't you a bit mean to say this about your best friend?" Jinki scoffed, obviously annoyed with Kibum's words.

"It is because you're my best friend that I speak the truth others don't. I grew up with you, you can't deceive me the slightest!"

My ears perked up as I quickly moved my eyes from my food to the brunet sitting across me.

"You grew up with Jinki?"

Kibum hummed, a smile lingering on his lips.

I thought Jinki was a lonely duck. So his only friend even moved away which made him have no friends here at all?!

"Why? You want to hear embarassing stories of him from when he was a kid?" Kibum asked with a smirk, earning a slap behind his head from Jinki.

But that didn't stop the brunet, his feline eyes looking at me with enthousiasm.

I could feel a satisfied feeling rising in my body as I furiously nodded my head, wanting to know more about Jinki's past.

Now that I think about it... I barely know anything about him at all, yet he knows more about me...

He even knows about Minho.

"When he was younger, he was like a little potato, you could roll him around! Chubby pink cheeks and mushroom hair." Kibum chuckled as he recalled, shaking his head lightly.

"Who are you calling a potato? Like you were any better at the age of three!" Jinki grumbled.

A potato? So cute!

"He was such a cheerful little kid. He kept jumping from here to there and would always eat choco pie during breaktime."

"I wish I could see him as a little child." I chuckled, feeling a little bit jealous of Kibum being able to witness a different Jinki.

How did he end up so bitter anyways?

"I might have some photos in my old album books. I'll send some when I'm back home." Kibum gave me his promise, my mood getting better and better.

This friend of Jinki sure is bright.

"Then what about when he got bigger?" I asked curiously, already giving up on eating the food in front of me.

Kibum glanced at Jinki before he smiled at me again, tapping his long slender fingers on the wooden table, one finger at a time and creating a rythmic pattern.

"He was pretty smart! Was in the top ten of each year. I'm jealous that he had always been smart." Kibum pouted slightly, making me grin.

I know that feeling!

Wish I could lend Jinki's brain sometimes for making my exams.

He's being called the nerd of the school for a reason!

"Then why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter