Cheering up

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinki's pov:

 

"Sora, how about we try to cheer Jisoo unnie a bit up?" I asked, looking at the little girl after we walked out of the pizzaria.

She blinked with her eyes, thinking, but nodded furiously, lips curled up into a small smile.

Let's hope she'll get over being weird.

"What should we do?" i asked, scratching my head as I pouted my lips together, having no clue at all how to cheer someone like Jisoo up.

"Cake!" Sora beamed, making me chuckle.

"Isn't it because you want to have a cake?" I asked, her cheeks blushing bright pink as she looked away.

"N-no." she stammered, making me smile.

So cute.

I took Sora's hand and looked around, walking to find a bakrey that was still open. 

We didn't know if she would come back todat but I still decided to get a cake. We can try after all and if she didn't come back, then the cake is for me and Sora.

Sora gaped at the different cakes when we finally walked inside a bakery.

Her eyes big and her hands against the glass made me pity her. I knew every kid would be excited about cake, but Sora was still an orphan. It must be even more important to her than it for those other children who do have parents to buy these stuff for them.

My heart clenched together for a moment, only to melt when Sora stared brightly at the cakes.

She was staring at a strawberry cake, eyes glinstering.

"You want to buy the strawberry one?" I asked, though i really didn't had to ask because her expression told me everything.

"The strawberry cake, please." I asked, giving the money to Sora.

"You want to pay for the cake?" I asked.

Sora nodded and took the money, giving it to the lady who carefully packed the cake, giving it to me.

"Thank you." the lady smiled, making Sora blush again, smiling back, lightly bowing her head, just to be polite I guess.

"I hope Jisoo unnie likes strawberries." Sora muttered as we walked back to my house, wondering it too. I hope Jisoo won't make a scene in front of the child if she dislikes it.

 

That night, Jisoo didnt' come back. She didn't call, didn't text, she didn't do anything to let me know what was wrong with her.

I sighed heavily, deciding to let Sora sleep with me in the bedroom.

Sora was disappointed, but she didn't say anything.

With a heavy heart, I dozed off, only to wake up, hearing the front door opening and closing, my eyebrows knitting together in a frown while I tried to open my eyes.

Tiredly, I struggled to get out of me bed, wrapping myself with a hoodie as I walked down the stairs, finding Jisoo in the living room.

She must have noticed my presence, her head snapping back and her eyes staring at me.

"Jinki?" she asked, her voice questionable.

I hummed, going through my hair with my hands as I narrowed my eyes, trying to see her.

"You're back?" I asked.

She hummed, looking away and walking to the kitchen.

I followed her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter