Sharing Memories

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's pov:

 

Jinki's arms were wrapped around my body, pulling me close to him which made the warmth of his body embrace me as well. That citrus scent he always carried filled my nostrils and calmed me down.

I could hear his breathing, it was calm and soft while mine was irregular and heavy from the sobbing.

"Just...let it out." he whispered softly, more tears escaping my swollen red eyes. 

Without even wanting to, I cried harder, showing my most vulnerable side to the person I least wanted to show to. Lee Jinki didn't needed to know how weak I could be, yet I was opening to him like a book, with no secrets...

No secrets...

I didn't know how long I stayed there, crying on Jinki's shoulder with his arms around me, but it felt too long because at one point, there were no tears left anymore.

Slowly, I backed away, Jinki's arms falling next to his body, his eyes searching for mine, probably to check if I was alright.

"You look horrible." he muttered, making me frown and lift my head up, glaring at the guy who said those words to a girl who just cried her entire heart out.

He blinked a few times, his hands searching for some paper napkins, quickly patting them on my face, around my eyes.

"Your make up is washed away by your tears, you look like a panda." he chuckled softly, hinted with amusement, as he carefully wiped my make up away.

It must be my mascara and eyeliner that made a mess on my face.

I pinked, realizing what just happend, turning around rapidly as I looked into my phone, horrorfied by the way I looked like.

I'm a freaking monster!

Jinki chuckled softly again, tapping my shoulders, but I shook his hand away, not wanting to look this horrible in front of this person, not because he was Lee Jinki, but because he was someone from school, someone who knew how I looked like there...!

"Come on, you just look a bit...creepy, but it's not like everyone looks like a model after crying with heavy make up on." Jinki said, turning me around with force and dabbing a wet tissue on my face.

Sighing heavily, I just decided to let him do what he was doing, taking off my make up.

My body was tired, my mind was exhausted, I didn't had any energy left anymore to quarrel with him. 

"Are you feeling better?" he asked softly, almost too careful while his hands kept taking off my make up.

I hummed softly, shrugging my shoulders.

Jinki hummed back in response.

"Done."

I felt Jinki taking a step back, giving me back the personal bubble space I needed to feel comfortable. He threw the tissues in a trash bin near him and gave me a small smile.

"Wait... I don't see any wet tissues." I gasped, seeing him put away his paper tissues.

He nodded, showing me his umbrella.

"I took some water from my umbrella." he stated like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"You washed my face with rain water?!" I gasped louder, wanting to throw that not so wet umbrella away.

Jinki shrugged his shoulders.

"It's just water, with what was I going to wash it anyways? Spit?" he retorted, making me frown in disgust.

"Whatever." I grumbled, glancing up at Minho's photo, sadness washing over me again, but I felt relieved, the heavy feeling I had before coming here decreased.

"You want to go back together?" he asked after a short silence.

I looked up at him with raised eyebrows, Jinki waiting patiently for my answer.

"Sure?" I answered unsure.

Jinki nodded before clearing his throat lightly.

"I'll come back in ten minutes." he mumbled and left me alone again. I heard his shoes tap the floor as he walked away, silence wrapping around me again when he was out of sight.

Touching my bare face, I sighed softly, remembering how Minho used to complain when I looked too different with make up on.

"Minho... Choi Minho..." I repeated his name, over and over again like it was some chant, some kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter