Outcast

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's POV:

 

"Is your cheek alright?" I asked, worried because I noticed that it was slightly swollen. Not to mention that he was already hurt from that fight a few days ago!

Jinki nodded, rubbing his cheek with the palm of his hand.

"I'll be fine. I didn't see it coming, that slap. But guess my words reached her and made her angry." he said, chuckling a few times, probably finding it amusing that his words affected Sungyoung.

A sigh escaped me as we both walked towards our classroom.

I don't have a good feeling about this...

"I would be worried if I were you... You just made those two horrible girls your enemy." Jinki said, standing in front of the classroom's d oor, glancing at it.

"Because we're friends?" I snorted, waving it away. "It'll go over." I shrugged, entering the classroom that suddenly felt silent.

"I don't think so." I barely heard Jinki mutter as he entered the room as well, going to his seat as I went to mine.

The stares people gave me, annoyed me and made me feel uncomfortable. Not were they only judging me silently, but it felt nastier than other times.

It's not like I could ignore the glances Sungyoung and Soojung gave me either.

I tried to ignor everything and did my best to pay attention in class.

At least I have an excuse for paying attention, schooltime, right?

 

"That's it for today. Remember that there is a test next week." the teacher said, right after the bell rang, quickly making his way to get out of the classroom.

Teachers in this school really aren't devoted, are they?

"Lunchbreak." I muttered to myself, standing up to stretch my legs.

People rushed out the room to gueue at the cafetaria or to find a good seat since the sun was shining brightly today.

I walked my way downstairs, into the large cafetaria and was about to sit down at my regular table when someone stopped me from sitting down.

"What do you think, you're doing, Jisoo?" 

I turned my head to find Sungyoung, looking at me, next to her a quiet Soojung.

"Eat." I answered simple, Sungyoung giving me a small scoff as response.

"I dont' think so, you don't belong at this table, get lost." Sungyoung said, pushing me away with her shoulder.

Serious?

I looked at her with raised eyebrows, but she didn't seem to mind, ignoring me completely.

Looking around, I noticed how people looked at me, judging me again, curious eyes, wondering what I was going to do and where I was going to sit down.

This popularity game...

"Whatever." I muttered, walked away and sat down at a table's end where at the other end a few students were sitting.

They glanced at me but didn't say anything and did their thing.

With a soft sigh, I rummaged through my bag and took out my lunchbox before opening it, revealing a tuna salad.

"That looks like something rabbits eat." I suddenly heard and I looked up to find Jinki sitting down across me, in front of him a platter with food.

"It's called healthy." I grumbled, taking my fork to dig in the food.

"Never said rabbits aren't healthy eaters." he shot back, making me roll my eyes.

Jinki stayed quiet, brniging in the food and chewing on them before swallowing. He didn't seem to mind the eyes on him and the small mutters, but when someone talked too loud, he did give them a glare, a sign to tell them to mind their own business.

I played with the green leaves and the red pieces of bellpeppers.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Jinki asked, noticing I didn't even take one bite from my lunch.

"I don't have an apetite." I sighed, throwing my fork down.

"Who would with grass. Here." Jinki said, giving me a big chucnk of his chicken steak. "I asked the kitchen lady to give me a bit more than usual." he nodded, satisfied with what he did.

It's tempting me.

"I'll help you eat it then." I shrugged, taking a btie from the chicken meat, the juices flowing inside my mouth, making me smile lightly.

"Your expression is more honest than your words." Jinki scoffed, shaking his head lightly before he continued to eat in silence.

I didn't like the silence though. Not now. Not when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter