Dinner

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's POV: 

 

My eyes travelled from mom to dad, feeling the awkwardness building up.

Someone, please kill me, this is so awkward!

"So...What's your name again?" mom asked interested, not even touching the food she made.

Isn't she hungry?! 

"Ah, yes. My name is Lee Jinki." he said with a small smile playing on his lips. He looked at dad and bowed his head lightly before he continued. "I'm Jisoo's classmate and friend."

I almost rolled my eyes but Jinki suddenly glanced at me, making me bite the insides of my cheeks.

Before we came downstairs to eat, I fixed his birdnest of a hair a bit, at least you can see his face better now.

"Jinki, eat some more. Don't feel shy." mom laughed, making me want to facepalm.

Please... Tell me this is a dream!

"Thank you for inviting me to eat dinner." Jinki smiled, taking a bit of veggies, placing it in his mouth.

"Don't just eat vegetables, eat some meat. You have to eat meat to get strong, young man!" mom chuckled, placing a few pieces of pork in his bowl.

Mom... You're so embarassing with your fake laugh!

"Thank you." Jinki smiled again, taking a piece of meat and stuffing it in his mouth, chewing it dilligently so that my mom would be satisfied. "The food is really good!"

"So how are you at school?" dad asked dryly, making me shoot a glare at him.

What kind of question is this?!

"Euhm... Good... I think." Jinki nodded. "I'm first at school."

Dad's eyes widened, a satisfied smile playing on his lips as he gave Jinki a nod of acceptance.

"Your voice sound very familiar." dad suddenly said, making me raise my eyebrows.

Is he finally noticing? Did he finally foudn out that it was Jinki on the phone when he went crazy angry?

Jinki glanced at me, taking another piece of meat so that he could stay quiet.

"Have we met each other before?" dad asked Jinki.

My fresh and new decided boyfriend shrugged his shoulders a bit, an awkward smile spreading on his face.

"Maybe?" he said honestly, making me want to slap him.

Is he trying to dig his own grave?!

"W-wait! The guy on the phone!" dad suddenly gasped loudly, pointing at Jinki like he caught him stealing his favourite cookie. "You're the guy that answered Jisoo's phone and spend the night with!"

There we go...

What is he even thinking?!

"Can you please phrase it more nicely." I sighed heavily, grabbing my glass of water, gulping everything down.

Mom looked at dad, confused before realization finally hit her. 

"When I asked you to buy things at the store and didn't end up coming back?!" mom gasped loudly, I nodded lightly.

"Y-yeah... Same person, same person." I sighed, my appetite completely disappearing.

"I think there's a misunderstanding about that night... day." Jinki tried to explain, placing his chopsticks down. "That day I got injured and Jisoo found me in the rain so she helped me." 

Dad looked at Jinki full suspicion.

"Does injuries mean that my daughter had to stay overnight at a random guy's place all alone?"

"Dad!" I hissed, him completely ignoring me.

Jinki shook his head, feeling troubled on how to get rid of the misunderstanding.

Especi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter