Fluttering Butterflies

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's pov:

 

"Jisoo, are you alright?" mom asked me, noticing I wasnt' focused on eating my breakfast.

I looked up at saw mom's worried expression, waiting for me to give her an answer.

"Don't worry, I'm alright." I muttered and grabbed my glass, sipping a bit of the orange juice, the sweet yet sour taste making me squeeze my eyes slightly.

"I have the day off today so I'm going to visit Minho." mom said, my heart clenching painfully together.

I nodded, giving her a almost audible hum.

Mom noticed that I didn't look that cheerful like I used to be and sighed softly.

"Jisoo, I'm not telling you to forget about what happend to Minho, but please...it has been a few years already..." she said, sitting across me. "It's time to let it go, it's something of the past." 

I bit my lips, shaking my head furiously.

"No. How could I possibly forget about Minho?!" I asked, tears threatening to escape my eyes, my heart hurting to think of forgetting about my precious brother.

"I'm not telling you to forget about him completely, I can't even do that, sweetie, but... I can't bear to see you like this every year again. I know you and Minho were very close, like real siblings, but let him rest in peace. How much is he worrying about you if you're like this every time?" 

I know... I know that!

But knowing why and how Minho died is something I can't erase from my memory no matter what...!

"I know it's hard, Jisoo... But I don't want to see you landing in a depression. I know you're still hurting. I am too, so is your dad and your other siblings... But try to, will you?" mom asked, her voice gentle and soft.

"It's hard..." I said honestly, tears rolling down my cheeks.

Mom wiped them away with a paper tissue and gave me a soft smile.

"You've changed so much since everything happend I never blamed you for that. But I would like to see back the daughter I used to have, cheerful, happy, smiling, bubbly girl."

I changed... I've changed.

"I'm going to school or I'll be late." I muttered and stood up, walking away, not having the heart to bear and tell mom that it might be impossible to see the daughter of back then ever again.

I know that mom is very sad about what happend to Minho, even dad is, but the bond I and Minho had was special.

We understood each other so very well and we recognized the feelings we felt yet...yet I couldn't help him at all when everything happend!

I felt the frustration inside me growing and I was taking quick steps towards school, trying to calm myself down but just thinking about the way he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter