School Outing - The Forest

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's pov:

 

A loud sigh escaped me as I grabbed another piece of wood, putting it on the already heavy pile of twigs and pieces of wood in my arms.

"You should have asked one of those male students, you know. They would be delighted if you gave them the honor to help you." I grumbled, slowing down my pace because I had to be careful to not slip or fall because of some tree roots and stones.

Soojung flipped her hair expertly.

"Shouldn't you be honored as well to be able to help me? After all, you have become an outcast." Soojung scoffed, bending down to take a thin twig because she was not even putting any energy to take bigger pieces.

"No. I feel comfortable being an outcast." I shrugged, not planning to take on more wood.

Soojung looked at me like I had lost my mind, finding it comfy to be bullied and ignored by other students.

"Don't lie, you used to be on the same level as me." she snorted, looking at me with suspicious eyes.

"I am not lying." I shrugged my shoulders, putting some wood of my pile on hers, which made her unhappy as it became heavier for her to carry. "But what did I expect from someone who abandons her 'friend'?"

Soojung narrowed her eyes, trying hard to not show she wasn't happy with my words and that it didn't hit her, but with a loud huff, she turned around and walked away from me, leaving me behind.

Rolling my eyes, I looked in front of me, deciding to look around for a bit because the air was good and the singing of the birds calmed me down.

Trees were surrounding me, a small breeze blowing through my hair.

The scent of a variation of flowers and grass reached my nostrils, making my lips curl up in a small smile.

Though I prefer the beach above the mountains... A forest can be so calming.

Minho...would have loved it here.

A place no one could bother him, a peaceful forest like this one...

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..." I sang softly a song, continuing my way to walk deeper in the forest. Ristling of leaves made it even more nice to walk over them, just the sound was pleasing to my ears.

 

 

Jinki's pov:

 

"We can eat!"

I lifted my head and looked at the students flocking towards the wooden tables to start their dinner.

Where is Jisoo?

"Won't you eat with us?" the class president asked, making me nod hesitantly. He must have noticed that I was looking around, so he tilted his head. "Are you looking for someone?" 

"Hwang Jisoo." I sighed softly, standing up before putting my cellphone in the backpocket of my pants.

The class president scanned around, shaking his head.

"She must have gone to the bathroom or something? Let's eat first or the food will get cold." he smiled and walked away again, my eyebrows knitting together in a frown.

Bathroom? That girl followed Soojung though.

I looked up at the sky to find it getting darker, the bright blue having turned dark, almost grey as the sun slowly went down.

It was only when I arrived at the tables did I hear Sungyoung and Soojung complain about the food not being healthy enough because tehre was a lot of artifical taste makers in it and curry having too much oil in it because of the meat did I realize it.

Soojung is back, where is Jisoo?

"Here you go, enjoy the food." the class president smiled, putting a bowl of soup and  plate with rice and curry in my hands.

"Thanks." I muttered, going towards an empty spot to put them down. 

Walking towards the two mean girls, I cleared my throat to make sure they acknowledged my existence.

"Don't stand like a creep next to us." Sungyoung complained, giving me one of the nasiest glares she could give.

"I have no business with you." I hissed, looking at Soojung who raised her eyebrows. "Where is Jisoo?"

"What? Didn't you pay attention to your little girlfriend?" Sungyoung chuckled amused, finding pleasure to mock me wether it was appropriate or not.

Calm down, calm down...!

"I don't know. I came back first." Soojung answered, playing with her food because she didn't wanted to eat it.

"What did you do to her?" I asked, glaring at her.

"What?" Soojung asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You personally asked for her to 'help' you and follow her, you even forced her because she didn't wanted to. Now she is nowhere to find. Just what did you freaking do to her?" I hissed, my voice so low that even I was surprised by it myself.

Had I ever sounded so...dangerous?

Even to my family I wasn't like this.

"I didn't do anything to her." Soojung hissed, not back off.

"Who are you blaming?" Sungyoung warned me but I snapped my head to her and glared at her, shutting her up.

"I said I have no business with you! Are you deaf?!" I yelled, other students and even the teachers surprised by my voice, looking at me.

"Student, what are you doing?" my homeroom teacher asked who I completely ignored.

"It's hard to believe you, who abandons 'friends'." I hissed, pointing at her. "If anything bad happened to her, I'll get you back for it!" I growled, kicking the table which made the eating utensils, bowls and plates move and make noise.

"Student!" the teacher roared for me, but I gave Soojung one last glare before walking towards the forest, ignoring the calls and warnings the teachers gave me.

Calm dow, calm down! Lee Jinki, calm the fudge down!

"What if she fell and hurt herself?" I asked, muttering to myself. "Jisoo? Hwang Jisoo?!" I called her name, hoping for an answer but there was nothing.

The sky is getting darker and darker, just where the heck did this woman go to?! She's not picking up either!

 

 

Jisoo's pov:

 

"Great, my battery died." I grumbled, staring at my cellphone's black screen.

A heavy sigh left me as I continued to walk, trying to find the way back but the sky was dark and the trees were blocking most of the moonlight.

I shouldn't have walked off so far and should have paid attention instead of daydreaming!

"I'm hungry." I complained to the air, looking at my stomach that was growling lightly, desperate to get some food inside. 

Though I have been eating more nowadays, I'm still not eating enough.

My hands went to my pockets, trying to find a chocolate bar or even just a small piece of candy, but there was nothing but my cellphone and a piece of paper napkin.

Great.

I threw my hands in the air before letting it fall beside my body again, letting it swing along with the wind.

It's co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter