Oversweet

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's POV:

 

My lips were swollen and abused by biting them continiuously ever since I left Jinki's house with the baked cakes.

I felt annoyed and confused.

What was that?

Why did he suddenly act all pissed?

It's not like I said something wrong, right? He is the nerd and I am popular, we're different...people...!

Did I...went too far with my words...?

my lips and taking a deep breath, I walked inside the classroom were some students were already present, all of them looking at me, surprised that I was here this early.

"Eh...? Huang Jisoo? You're here already?" the class president asked pleasantly surprised, giving me a good morning wave with his hand before helping me with the cakes I was holding.

I nodded, not really in the mood to talk, just placing the cakes I still had on a table.

"The cakes look great! They looked homemade, did you make them yourself?" the class president asked, making me tense slightly, quickly shaking my head.

There's no way I can tell them I made it, Hwang Jisoo isn't someone to do that after all.

"N-no... Someone else made them."

"You could have just bought some cakes though." someone else muttered next to me, making me almost sigh if I didn't quickly take a hold of myself.

"Homemade ones are better, there is sincereity in it, after all." the president smiled, handing an black apron for me to put on so that my pants wouldn't get dirty. "Since you're this early, there's no people yet. Not everyone is here either. You can do whatever you want."

I nodded, looking around.

"I-is... t-there something I can help with?" I asked, all awkward because it just felt weird to ask such a thing.

The president looked at me with raised eyebrows but quickly nodded, a smile plastered on his face.

"Of course. If you don't mind you can help taking out the plastic plates and forks and spoons. They're in those boxes." the class president said, pointing to a few carton boxes that were stappled together.

Nodding, I quietly went over there, knowing the other students were muttering about me, wondering why I was here all alone and so early at that.

I don't blame them though.

We usually would arrive way later than this.

Guess this is something I can't really shake off...the need to be on time.

With a soft sigh, I started to unpack the stuff, still bothered by what happend with Jinki.

 

 

Jinki's POV:

 

Pfff...

I'm going to be in a bad mood for the rest of thedat, I'm sure of that already!

No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't push it aside.

Those words... The words Jisoo said to me, it's not like I didn't know it, it's not like I was stupid and insensitive.

I bit my lips, looking at myself, untucking the white shirt I was wearing and combed my hair with my two hands before ruffling them roughly.

Where are my glasses...?

 

"Oh, Jinki, you're here...?" the class president asked me, noticing me when I opened the classroom door.

I nodded in response.

Without me wanting, my eyes scanned around, finding the cakes in the room but Jisoo was nowhere to find.

"I brought the beverages." I muttered.

"Thanks." the president smiled, helping me.

"You're the last one to arrive, the others are here already, aside Sungyoung and Soojung but we can just explain everything now." the president said, looking around as he clapped his hands.

Everyone stopped what they were doing.

"Where is Jisoo?" the president asked.

"Here." Jisoo muttered, putting her hand in the air and it was then I noticed she fell asleep behind the curtains at the window.

Did she really just sleep there? What if someone opened the window and she felt off?!

"Ah yes. Okay so you're all wearing the uniforms, thats very good! Help the customers as much as possible and do give suggestions!"

"Yeeees!" everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter