School Outing - Courage Test

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's pov:

 

I frowned when Soojung walked towards me, stopping right in front of me as she stared at me with those squinted eyes of her, arms crossed over her chest.

"Are you playing the victim?" she asked, hissing out the words which made me frown even more.

"I would be able to answer faster if I knew what you are talking about." I sighed, standing up from my bed.

Soojung pushed me back on the matrass, a hiss leaving my lips because my ankle hurt.

Glancing at me foot for a quick moment, I stood up again, giving her a glare.

"Keep your dog under controle, will you? It barked and growled at me yesterday. Who knows when he'll bite." Soojung hissed, making me only more confused.

What dog?

Wait... Is she talking about Jinki?

"Don't downgrade him, he's still a person." I spat back, taking a step closer to her. "And I don't know what you're talking about. If he did something, go talk to him." I grumbled, walking pass her, our shoulders touching each other.

Soojung scoffed loudly, but I ignored her and walked out of the girl's sleeping hall, dragging my ankle slightly because it still hurt quite a bit.

I took a place in the eating cafetaria, my breakfast in front of me, still untouched because I was lost in thoughts.

I wonder when I fell asleep yesterday.

Singing, humming, I probably sang myself in sleep.

Won't I have been even more heavy if I slept?! Poor Jinki...!

But...still...he piggybacked me all the way back to this place without me waking up, so he didn't even put me down to rest.

My eyebrows knitted together slightly, my spoon poking the rice.

He's quite strong, to be able to carry back through the forest. He's more dependable and trustworthy than I thought.

Did he fight with Soojung yesterday?

Maybe I shouldn't have followed her. Then I wouldn't have gotten lost and hurt my ankle because I wanted to walk around in the forest.

I was so hungry too! It was more difficult than dieting!

I really should eat now.

Why can I already taste food?

Isn't this rice with meat?

Pickled veggies?

I started to chew more, feeling the food on my tongue and the taste cover my tastebuds.

Blinking a few times, and lifting my head, I finally saw Jinki in front of me, holding a spoon in his right hand, near my lips.

"Jinki?" I asked, swallowing the food that was fileld in my mouth.

Since when did I started to eat?

"Oh, you're back? Then eat yourself, my arm is sore." he complained, moving the spoon in his hand to show me he had to feed me the food because I was lost in thoughts. 

Frowning, I took the spoon in my hand, eyes travelling to my food, more than half of them already finished.

"You didn't react to me calling your name, you even started to chew when I placed a piece of pickled vegetable in your mouth." he explained before taking his chopsticks, taking a few bit bites, chewing diligently on it.

"Oh, I was thinking." I mumbled, taking a spoonful of rice and a few gulps of the chicken soup.

"About what?" he asked, swallowing the food before drinkig some soup.

"What did you say to Soojung yesterday?" I asked, tilting my head slightly to the side.

Jinki narrowed his eyes, stuffing his mouth full of food.

My eyebrows knitted together, not knowing the glare he had in his eyes because his hair was covering half of his face.

"Who knows what she did to you? You're an outcast, remember?" he mumbled.

"You were worried about me?" I scoffed, shaking my head slightly.

Jinki scoffed as well, looking at me.

"You got lsot in a freaking forest. I think just worrying would be an understatement." he mocked me, making me grumble, decidin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter