Chapter 5

It All Started With A Bet

JAEJOONG’S POV

I woke up early to fetch my ‘subject’. This was the first day to make my first move. Luckily, I heard her and her friend talking yesterday when I planned to order again to have a conversation with her. But upon hearing what time they were planning to go to school and where she lived, I thought that I should just make my first move today.

I saw them talking while walking at the side of the road. Lucky!

I stopped my car near them. They stopped too and were shocked to see me. Who wouldn’t? I haven’t had any conversation, even a small one, with them. I smiled at them.

“Hi, do you want a ride?” I asked, looking at my ‘subject’.

“No thanks,” she answered coldly. Wow, that was a first. I was about to insist but her friend already did that for me.

“Of course. Come on, ~~~-ah.” Her friend pulled her and shoved her at the passenger seat. So, her name is ~~~~~-ah.

“So, you live near here?” I asked her even though I already know the answer. This was just my way of telling her that I was interested on her…

“Yes, she does. She lives at the apartment beside our coffee shop,” her friend answered.

“And you always go to school at this time?” I asked again and her friend, once again, answered. I kept asking information, even personal ones like if she already had a boyfriend and the like. I could see that she didn’t have any plan of answering any of my questions but her friend, luckily, gave me the information I wanted. It was better than nothing.

This girl… playing hard to get, huh? That was fine. You would just make this whole thing more interesting. Let’s see who would win.

As soon as I stopped my car at the parking lot, she immediately went out and pulled her friend from the back seat. At least she thanked me for giving them a ride. I grinned and went to my classroom.

As expected, my friends were all in there even Changmin who was a year lower than us.

“So, how is it? I saw the ‘subject’ in your car a while ago,” Yunho asked.

“And why should I update you?” I asked as I sat on my chair.

“Come on man, my favourite sports car is at stake for this bet. I should at least know if I am close to winning your most treasured car or losing my most favourite sports car,” he insisted.

“That was your fault. Who told you to make this stupid bet in the first place?” Yoochun joined in. We all looked at him. “Why?”

“You seem different,” Junsu started.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Yoochun asked, irritated.

“Every time we had a bet, you weren’t reacting like this,” Changmin answered.

“Like what?”

“Like a knight in shining armour protecting a damsel in distress,” I answered.

“Tell us, are you… attracted to that poor girl?” Yunho asked. We waited for Yoochun’s disapproval but we didn’t get it. He was silent.

“No way! You are!” Junsu exclaimed.

“Look, it is not like that. I’m just…” he started but couldn’t finish.

“Just what? Be honest with us, do you like her or not?”

“I… don’t,” he answered.

“Are you sure?”

“I am.”

“Then don’t ruin my plan.”

If Yoochun answered that he did like her, I didn’t know what I would do. They were my best friends. They were like my brothers. I didn’t want to fight with any of them.  

“Yunho hyung, today is your play, right?” Changmin changed the topic to avoid anymore tension.

“Yeah. You should be all there,” Yunho answered. He was the main lead in the play that was going to be shown later at the theatre. The five of us were always together. We support each other so it was expected that all of the DBSK members would be at the play later. I wonder if she would be there...

END OF POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Luckily, I can update today! Hope u guys will like my update even though it is short!

Anyways, again, thank u to my new subscribers and to those who commented, namely: angel_min, GummyBears_Yum, and SaranghaeyoMinhoOppa. thank u so much!

so, that's all for today!

I'll update as soon as I can!

By the way, to my readrs in my other story 'What is "Love"?', I will also update today so check it out!n_n

DATE: September 26, 2011