Chapter 28

It All Started With A Bet

Yappee! I told you I'll try to update the second part today so here it is!

And yeah, there's still a PART 3 but i'm tired and I have to rest, hehe. But i'll try to update as soon as I can especially now that many things are about to change in the story, hahahaha!

So, let's proceed to the story...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jaejoong’s POV

So, that was the reason behind their marriage. If Omma was pregnant, and I was Na Young’s son, where was Omma’s child? How did I end up being her son?

As if reading my thoughts, Appa continued.

“That’s why NaNa is here. To tell you what happened on your birth. She was the doctor who gave birth to your Omma,” Appa said and I looked at NaNa.

“As you know, Jihoo and Mira got married. She was so happy not just because she married the man she loves and she was having his baby but also… because her parents were happy because of her.

“Throughout her life, Mira was always afraid to disappoint her parents. She will do everything just to make them proud of her… just to do what they want. That time, her parents wanted her to marry Jihoo but because Jihoo refused, they blamed Mira. She was planning of seducing Jihoo and she was lucky that she was already pregnant with Jihoo’s child that time.

“But she knew that even though Jihoo married her, his heart was still with Na Young but she didn’t care because she knew… she had something that Na Young didn’t have… a child of Jihoo. Until that night. She was almost nine-months pregnant. We met at a café, we saw Na Young walking with a plastic on her hand.

“That was when she saw her stomach. She was furious; she wanted to know who the father of the child was. She went out of the café and confronted Na Young…”

 

FLASHBACK

Na Young’s POV

I was currently walking back home from the market. It was already dark. I sighed. I touched my now big stomach and a smile was formed on my lips.

Just a little while more. Just a few days more and I was already nine month pregnant. I couldn’t wait to see my baby.

Suddenly, two women blocked my way. One of them was pregnant and was glaring at me.

“You’re Na Young, right?”

“W-who are you?”

“I know you are. I will never forget that face of yours. I had seen your picture on Jihoo’s wallet before.”

“J-Jihoo?”

W-was she…

“A-Are you… Mira?”

“That’s right! I’m Mira, Jihoo’s wife! And you, that child inside you, who is its father?”

“I…”

“It’s Jihoo’s, right?”

“I…”

“It’s his, right?!? Answer me, ! That bastard inside you, who’s child is it?!?”

“Don’t call my child like that!” I also shouted.

“I won’t let that bastard live!” she shouted as she held my shoulders painfully.

“Let me go!” I shouted as I tried to get away from her hold.

“I will kill you and that bastard inside you!”

“Mira, stop it!” Mira’s friend tried to broke us apart but Mira was like crazy.

She pushed me and her friend. Suddenly, I felt my head knocked on something as I lost my consciousness…

END OF POV

NaNa’S POV

I fell on the ground when Mira pushed me and Na Young. I looked at Na Young after making sure that I was fine.

She knocked her head on a big rock and was unconscious. I kneeled beside her and checked her pulse.

“Mira, we should bring her to the hospital! Her pulse, this is not good!” I shouted at Mira but she just looked at Na Young. “Mira, you might kill her!” I shouted once more and this time, she looked at me.

Suddenly, she shook her head furiously, not accepting the idea.

“No… I didn’t… I…my parents… Jihoo… they would be mad… no…” she kept on mumbling as she stepped backwards.

Suddenly, I saw a car approaching. My eyes widen. Mira…

“Mira, stop!” I shouted at Mira but she continued stepping backwards. I was about to ran to her but it was too late.

 “Mira!” I shouted as I saw her being bumped by the car.

I immediately called an ambulance and brought them to where I work at. There were so many patients today that I was the only one left who could give birth to them.

But I couldn’t do that especially that both patients were in critical conditions.

“Nana, what’s wrong here?” Dr. Lee asked. Today was her last day here. She already decided to go to Japan to be with her family.

“Dr. Lee, can you help me?”

“Of course. I will take care of the other patient,” she said as she ran to where Na Young was.

I, then, proceeded to save Mira and her baby but I couldn’t. Through caesarean, we got the baby out but… it was not breathing…

Mira’s condition was just fine. It was her baby that got most of the impact and was one of the reasons why it died. I made sure that Na Young was transferred to a private room before I went out and checked Na Young’s condition.

“She’s fine. She had a healthy baby boy but she was still unconscious and I don’t know when she will wake up. She’s suffering a temporary coma but I’m sure she’ll recover soon. Call her family and inform them,” Dr. Lee said and I nodded.

I also should inform Jihoo. I was about to dial his number when a nurse came.

“Dr. Kwon, the patient is awake. She wants to see you.”

I nodded and ran to Mira’s room.

“Mira,” I called her as I went inside. She looked at me.

“My baby… where is my baby?” she asked and I looked down. This was not new to me… informing the patients that they lost their child but… it was Mira. I knew how her mind worked, I knew her attitude.

“Answer me! Where is my baby?”

“He’s dead.”

“W-what?”

“He… died…”

“No!” she shouted as she tried to stand up. I quickly ran beside her. “My baby! Bring my baby to me!”

“I’m sorry, Mira.”

“That … what happened to her?”

“She… was in a temporary coma…”

“Her baby…”

“It’s alive…”

“And mine isn’t?!? What kind of doctor are you?!?”

I just let her. I knew she was in pain.

“Where is it?”

“W-what?”

“The baby of that , bring me to where it is!”

“W-what are you planning?”

“Just do what I say!”

I nodded as I helped her in a wheelchair. We went to the nursery room.

She looked at the baby. She held the mirror like she was caressing the baby.

“Mira…”

“It’s supposed to be my baby… my son…”

“Mira, I know how you feel…”

“Jihoo… he will leave me once he found out that our child died and… that his child to that is alive… You… did you… told him already?”

“I was about to but then you woke up---“

“Don’t tell him.”

“What? Mira, he needs to know. He is his father. He should know that your baby died.”

“My baby died? No, you’re wrong. My baby is alive… He’s in there. Can’t you see it? He looks a lot like his father…”  

“Mira, that’s Na Young’s son!”

“He’s my son!”

“Mira!”

“Tell that her son died! And this child, it’s mine.”

“I can’t do that!”

“You can and you will! What, you already forgot what my parents did for you and your family? Without us, you won’t be a doctor! You know what I can do. You know what my name can do. In just a few minutes, your life will be destroyed. Now, tell me, are you going to do it or not?”

I clenched my fist. She was really so heartless. She knew my weakness.

“Fine, I’ll do it,” I said through gritted teeth.

She smiled as she looked at the baby once more.

“My baby…”

 

It had been a week since that accident. Mira’s plan went on smoothly. Everyone believed her lies. It was so easy for her to pay those who knew the truth especially that Dr. Lee was already in Japan and that Na Young had no family.

I sighed as I looked at Na Young. She was still unconscious. How could I tell her that her baby was dead? I closed my eyes as I sighed once more.

Suddenly, I heard a groan. I opened my eyes and looked at Na Young. My eyes widen.

Her eyes… she was awake!

I immediately went beside her and checked her up. She was fine. She was out of danger. I sighed in relief. I let her rest for a while before I came back inside. It was time… for the big lie…

She looked at me.

“M…my…” she started. I gulped. “My… baby… where…”

“N-Na Young…” I gulped once more.

How could I tell her…

“Where… is… my baby…”

“Your… your son…  he…”

“W-what’s wrong… with my baby?” she said, worried was visible on her voice. I shook my head.

“I’m so sorry. I did everything I can… but he… he didn’t survive. I’m so sorry,” I said as I looked away. I could hear her sobs… those heartbreaking sobs…

“No… no…”

I was so sorry…

Forgive me, Na Young…

Forgive me…

END OF POV 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

woah, i got 3 new subscribers, yappee! Thank u so much!

And of course, thank u also to those who left a comment!

PororoChanJibrielllovesujuforeverdkhanani27ivylicious18Hirin12Cshinmi
mydream501FolderNamehazel_marie13 

That's all for now!

I'll update as soon as I can!

Bye!

DATE: January 23, 2012