Chapter 4

It All Started With A Bet

YOUR POV

“Hey, what’s wrong? You looked liked you wanted to kill someone,” Yoona asked me, noticing my angry and irritated look.

“Oh, I sure do!”

“Why? Is it because of Kim Junsu? Come on, don’t mind that dolphin.”

“He was a jerk! So what if we are studying at the same university? If he doesn’t like me, I don’t like him either!”

“Woah. This is the first time you acted like this. I mean these things are not new. We always encounter someone like him at the university.” I sighed.

 “Yeah, you’re right. I just don’t feel well today.

“You must be tired.”

“Yeah, that’s maybe it.”

“Just forget about those kinds of people. They’re not worth your time.”

“Yeah, you’re right. After all, they were all just bunches of rich guys that don’t know anything but to spend their money on whatever they want to.”

“Don’t include all. I mean, Changmin is kind of nice.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah and he spends a lot of money on foods that you don’t even know where he stored inside his stomach.”

“Hey! Don’t insult my prince charming!” Changmin was Yoona’s ultimate crush. She said that all DBSK members were hot but Changmin, who was the same age as us and also our classmate, was the easier to approach. He was also kind and friendly.

“Yeah, yeah, I didn’t say anything about your prince charming. Just remember that we’re going to school together tomorrow, not seven-fifty, not seven-fifty-five and mostly not eight o’clock but seven-thirty, okay?” I reminded her because she always woke up late.

“Yeah, I know. You always remind me. And you are living at the apartment just beside this coffee shop so you don’t have to worry. You can just barge inside my room anytime,” she pouted. I just smiled and shook my head.

The next day, I woke up early, as always, and got ready to go to school. As I finished, I ran to Yoona’s house to fetch her. She smiled upon seeing me.

“What do you think will happen today? I hope it will be exciting and something new,” Yoona said while we were walking. We were going to take a bus to go to the university.

“What could that be? It is better this way. It was peaceful and no one disturbs us,” I said.

“Because no one cares about us.”

“Exactly.”

“Come on, ~~~~~-ah, don’t be a killjoy. You always released negative vibes. You should enjoy your life. You are very pretty but you are pushing other people away,” Yoona lectured me… again. I was about to reply when a black car stopped beside us. We stopped and looked at it. It was Kim Jae Joong.

“Hi, do you want a ride?” he asked, particularly, at me.

“No thanks,” I said but was held by Yoona.

“Of course. Come on, ~~~-ah,” Yoona pulled me and shoved me at the passenger seat while she sat at the back. I glared at her and she just smiled sweetly at me.

“So, you live near here?” Jae Joong asked me.

“Yes, she does. She lives at the apartment beside our coffee shop,” Yoona answered for me. I glared at her again but she was looking at Kim Jae Joong.

“And you always go to school at this time?” he asked again and Yoona, again, answered. He kept asking questions and Yoona, willingly, answered all of them. I couldn’t even in their conversation.  Once we came into the school, I thanked Kim Jae Joong and went out and pulled Yoona.

“What was that?” I scold her. She looked at me with an innocent face.

“What?”

“You know what I was talking about.”

“Oh, come on ~~~~~-ah, this is just like the answer to my prayer a while ago. Don’t you think this is interesting?”

“Interesting? It was like a…. disaster, a trouble.”

“Of course not. It is so obvious. He is interested on you.”

“Impossible.”

“Why?”

“Simple. Because I am not Cinderella. A rich guy falling for a poor girl? This is no fairytale.”

“You’re wrong. In life, expect the unexpected. In love, everything is possible. So, you can still become Cinderella.”

“And you’re my what? My fairy godmother?” I asked sarcastically.

“Not a godmother. That was too old for me.”

“Yoona, those things only happen in books. Don’t you think it was odd?”

“Why?”

“Why did he get interested on me suddenly?” I asked, challenging her. “Don’t you think it’s something fishy?”

“Of course not. Maybe he fell for you when he saw you yesterday. Maybe he was like his dad. You got to admit, he likes his stepmother so much like his real mother so maybe, he is also planning of marrying someone like his stepmother,” she concluded, obviously being a romantic girl she was.

I just shook my head and sighed.

END OF POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hello! thank u to my new subscribers! *bow* I am really happy today! you guys make my day! thank u!

and to those who comment, thank u so much!

 So, this is it for today! going to update as soon as I can!

For my readers in "What is Love?", I also updated today so check it out!

Bye for now!

DATE: September 24, 2011