Chapter 29

It All Started With A Bet

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO SHOUT!

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!?! WHY IS MY MIND NOT WORKING?!?!

I'M SO SORRY, EVERYONE! I'M SUCH A BAD AUTHOR!

But still, I made a very short update for you guys...

BUT AGAIN! THIS IS NOT YET FINAL, OKAY?

Ahm, here is my short update.....................................

SHOULD I POST IT? I'M NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT THIS CHAPTER! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'M GOING CRAZY!

I promise, I'll try to make my mind work! Any suggestions?

THIS IS NOT YET THE PART 3! THIS IS NOT YET THE PART 3! THIS IS NOT YET THE PART 3!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

I closed my eyes as I held my head. I couldn’t believe this. All the things they said…

Omma…

Was that the reason?

Now I understood why you treated me that way before…

But why…

Why did you steal me from my real mother when you would just treat me that way before?

I could still remember that time… when I was eight years old…

 

 

Flashback (still Jaejoong’s POV)

I immediately went down the car as soon as it stopped in front of our house’s door. I was holding my report card.

I wanted to show it to Omma. My grades were high as usual and I was first in class again.

I know…

I know she might not care about that, like always. I know she didn’t care about my achievements or anything related to me…

But still…

I wanted to be a son she would be proud of…

Maybe…

Just maybe…

… she would start to care for me…

I always envied my friends because I could see their mothers with them. I knew Omma was different from them. She didn’t care for me…

Every time she looked at me, I could see something in her eyes…

… anger…

… disgust…

I didn’t know why…

I wanted to know why…

I was her son… her only child…

… but she treated me like I didn’t exist…

Sometimes, I was thinking that maybe she was jealous of me…

… because Appa spent his time more with me than her…

But whatever happens, she was still my mother and I would do everything just to get closer with her.

I asked a maid where Omma was and she said she was in the master’s bedroom. I immediately made my way there. I breathe hard before knocking on the door.

I slowly made my way inside.

Omma was sitting on the bed with a glass of wine on her hand. Was she drinking?

I slowly made my way towards her. My heart was beating so fast inside my chest. This was the first time I saw Omma so drunk.

She looked at me as she sensed my presence.

And once again, my eyes met those fearful eyes… those eyes full of anger… and disgust…

“What do you want?” she hissed at me. I gulped before answering. I forced a smile.

“O-Omma look, my grades are high again! And I placed first again!” I told her cheerfully.

She just looked at me, not caring… not interested with my news.

“O-Omma, this is for you,” I said as I gave my report card to her.

And to my surprise, she threw my report card somewhere and held my shoulders. I cringed in pain.

“O-Omma…”

“Why… Why do you have to get her eyes? Why do you have to have those eyes?!? Because of those eyes… he can’t forget her!”

“O-Omma!”

“Mira!” I heard Appa’s voice shouted behind me as he grabbed me away from Omma.

“A-Appa….”

“Jaejoong, go to your room.”

“But Appa… Omma… she---“

“She’s fine. She’s just drunk. Now go to your room, okay?”

I slowly nodded. Before going out, I looked once more to Omma. Her eyes were now close. She was sleeping.

Omma…

Were my eyes the reason you hated me?

But… what do you mean by ‘she’?

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Now I knew who you meant by ‘she’. Before, that was a puzzle to me. You hated my eyes… which Appa loved the most…

That was why it was so hard to get your attention… your love…

“Mira didn’t feel being loved throughout her life. She was always the one who needed to do something just to have the attention and affection of others,” NaNa spoke. I looked at her. She smiled tenderly at me. “At first, she hated you because she knew that Jihoo always remembered Na Young every time he looked at you, particularly, your eyes. I pitied you. I wanted to tell Jihoo the truth but… she changed.

“She said you made her feel loved. You were the only one who made her feel special… that she deserved to be loved. And as time passed by, you two got closer… and it became so hard to tell the truth anymore. I knew something was wrong with Mira. She could do anything just to get what she wanted. She could hurt other people… even herself... That was why I didn’t have any choice but to just hide the truth from anyone… forever…”

“Then… how did Na, I mean…“

“I understand what you mean,” NaNa said with a smile. “I think Na Young should be the one to answer that,” she said as she looked at Na young.

I didn’t know how to look at her… because I was afraid of what I would feel…

All this time I thought…

“Ten years after… after I thought you died… Jihoo and I met accidentally…” she started

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* * sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* 

Thank u to my new subscribers!

Thank u also to those who left a comment!

mydream501FolderNamehazel_marie13Cshinmihazel_marie13dkhanani27 , lovesujuforever,oppa-is-mine,

Swaggerlicious,cassietriplekissixiajaneHirin12PororoChansuperhyukkieJaeSunHae_cyivylicious18ploykz-sunny

That's all for now!

I'll update as soon as my mind starts working!

DATE: January 30, 2012