Chapter 30

It All Started With A Bet

 

I know! I know!

I'm so sorry for not updating for so long!

Well, I just really got busy and I couldn't think of how to continue this story but now, my mind started working.

And also, don't worry everyone because Jihoo and Na Young's story is already done so I'm going to write again about our original/main couple, okay? but i don't know yet when I can post it, hehe.

ALSO, this chapter is a rush. I didn't put the other scenes in the past because i think Jihoo and Na Young's story is getting so long and I needed and missed writing about our real couple.

So, yeah, here it is!

If u have any questions, suggestions, complaints, etc... just tell me, ok? hehe

BTW, Do I still have any readers????

n_n

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Na Young’s POV

My feet hurt. I was currently walking, finding for a job. I woke up early to search for a job and now, it was already afternoon but I still didn’t find one. I sighed. Why was I so unlucky?

The company where I was working before closed down, leaving me and my co-workers jobless.

I fan myself with my hand. It was also unfortunate that it was so hot today.

I was crossing the road when I heard a honk of a car. I looked at my left and saw a car not too far away from me. My eyes widen. What was I doing? I was too tired that I didn’t notice that I was about to be bumped by a car. The driver of the car went out and I immediately bow down, apologizing.

“Na Young?” I heard a low voice asked. This voice…

I felt my heart stopped beating for a moment when I heard that voice. This voice…

I looked up to confirm my thoughts and I was right. It was him.

He was also looking at me, stunned.

“It’s really you…”

“J-Jihoo…”

“A-are you alright?”

“Y-yes, I’m fine.”

Suddenly, we heard another honk of a car and saw a car behind Jihoo’s. Jihoo went towards me and held my arm. It felt weird… seeing him again… touching him again…

“Let’s go somewhere. We’re creating traffic,” he said and pulled me towards his car. I didn’t know what happened to me. I knew I should pull away, ran away from him but… instead of doing that, I just let him pull me with him.

We stopped at a nearby coffee shop. After giving our orders, it was pure silence.

“H-how are you?”

“How are you?”

We both asked in unison. We looked at each other. I looked away. It was so awkward.

“It’s been a long time,” he started once again.

“Y-yes. H-how are you?”

“I’m fine. Business is doing great.”

I knew that. Even though I hadn’t seen him for a long time, the magazines kept me updated about him. His business, or should I say businesses, were doing great. His parents owned different kinds of businesses which were passed down from generations to generations but they were more popularly known with restaurant business.

When Jihoo and Mira got married, Jihoo also took over the businesses of Mira’s family. They were more known on clothing industry.

 “How about you? Where were you going a while ago?” he asked.

“I… I was looking for a job.”

A job?”

I nodded. “The company where I was working before closed down so I…”

“I can help you.”

I looked at him. I bit my lip as I shook my head.

“I don’t think that’s---“

“Na Young, I want to help you. We’re… We’re friends, right?”

“Jihoo…”

“Please, let me help you… for… for old time sake…”

“But your parents and Mira---“

“I’ll handle them.”

“Jihoo, I don’t want to create a ruckus between you and your family.”

He sighed.

“Okay, let’s do it this way. Accept the job I am offering you… even being a waitress in… in the smallest branch of my restaurant. It won’t be permanent, just for this time while you still don’t have a job. Once you find one, it’s up to you if you still want to stay or not.”

I thought of his offer. But still…

“Na Young, it’s hard to be jobless. You need money especially now.”

He was right. If I would not accept his offer, it was me who would suffer. I would just find a job as soon as possible. But for now…

I closed my eyes as I sighed.

“F-fine, I’ll accept your offer.”

He smiled. I hope I would find a job soon. Knowing that I was near Jihoo again… I couldn’t help but remember the past…

… my son…

 

I started working in one of the branches of Jihoo’s family restaurant. I was glad that he was not always coming here. From what I heard from my co-workers, he was always busy. I didn’t know if I should be thankful for that or not.

The door opened, waking me from my trail of thoughts. I got ready and went to the table where the new customers sat at. It was a couple, an old couple. I smiled as I came to their table.

“Good morning, ma’am, sir. May I take your orders please?” I asked politely. They looked at me. I got confused when the woman looked shocked upon seeing me but then, she immediately smiled.

“It’s you!”

“E-excuse me, ma’am?” I asked. Had I ever met her before?

“Oh, that’s right. You don’t know me. You were unconscious at that time. Anyway, I am Dr. Aya Lee and this is my husband,” she introduced herself and her husband to me. “How’s your son?”

“You… you know about my---“

“Yes, of course. I was the one who helped you gave birth to your son. He was such a healthy, cute baby boy. He was so strong. Even though he was pre-matured and you were in a critical condition, he was still healthy. And he cried so loud.”

“I-I think you are mistaken. My son---“

“I’m not. I won’t forget you. You were the last patient I ever had here in Korea before I left for Japan. You knocked your head and became unconscious, right?”

“But Dr. Nana said…”

“That’s right. Nana was the one who brought you to the hospital that night. Actually, you were with another patient, a pregnant woman too. But there were so many patients that time so I helped Nana. I was the one who helped you while NaNa helped the other woman. You and your baby was so lucky. I heard that the baby of the other woman died.”

“That’s… that’s…”

No, this couldn’t be. NaNa… she said… no…

I had to… I needed to talk to her…

I immediately ran out of the restaurant, not caring with the people who were calling my name.

My baby… my son… he was alive… my son...

I immediately called a cab and told him the hospital where I gave birth. Once we came in front of the hospital, I immediately ran inside and asked a nurse where was NaNa.

“Do you have an appointment with Dr. Shim?”

“No but I---“

“I’m sorry but you need to get an appointment with her.”

“Please, I need to talk to her. Please, I’m begging you.”

The nurse looked liked she was hesitating.

“Please, I’m begging you,” I asked. I knew I was already crying and that I was already creating a scene but I didn’t care. I needed to know the truth.

“O-okay, I’ll ask Dr. Shim.”

“Thank you.”

She went to the nurse station and called NaNa. After a while, she went to me and led me to where NaNa’s office was.

“Dr. Shim is waiting inside,” the nurse said and I thanked her. When she went away, I looked at the door as I calmed myself. I was nervous. I didn’t know what to expect but if what Dr. Lee said was true, that meant that my baby was alive.

I knocked before entering.

“N-Na Young, it’s been a long time. Is there anything I can do for you? Why do you want to see me?” she asked. I looked at her, reading her. She seemed nervous. It only meant one thing. She was afraid… because she was hiding something from me.

“You said… you were the one who took care of me when I gave birth…”

“N-Na Young…” she reluctantly smiled.

“Tell me the truth, is that true or not?”

“O-Of course... I---”

“Who is Dr. Aya Lee?”

She looked at me in shock.

“Answer me!”

“I…”

“She told me that she was the one who helped me gave birth. She said my baby was alive.”

“N-Na Young, listen… I…”

“Tell me the truth!”

“I… I’m sorry…” She cried.

I could feel new set of tears falling down on my cheeks. It was true… my baby…

“W-where… where is he? Where is my… my baby?”

“N-Na Young…”

“Nana… please, answer me…”

She remained silent, hesitating. I went towards her and kneeled down. Her eyes widen.

“Na Young!”

“NaNa, I’m begging you… You already took my baby away from me for ten years! Don’t you have any conscience? What have I done wrong to you for you to do this?”

“Na Young…”

“NaNa, I mourn for ten years. My baby is the only family I have… the main purpose of my existence. Every time I saw a baby or a child, I always remember my own baby… thinking what if he is still alive… what will he looks like? What will be his favourite food, his favourite toy, his favourite colour…  Please… my baby…  give him back… “

“Y-your baby…”

I looked at her, waiting.

“He’s with his… father…”

My eyes widen. I stood up.

“W-what did you… say?”

She told me what happened at that time… that night ten years ago… the night… Mira stole my baby away from me…

I was sitting on the couch, listening as I covered my face. I was crying so hard.

“I couldn’t believe…” I said after she finished with the story, “that a person like her… really exists…”

“Na Young, please understand---“

“Understand? I sacrificed Jihoo for her and her baby! I didn’t file a case against her for what she did to me that time even though I knew she was the reason why ‘my’ baby died! And now, she stole my son away from me and made me believed that her baby was my baby! I mourn for her dead baby, the baby I thought was mine while her, she was living happily with my son, the family I should had!”

I stood up and was about to go out when she called me.

“I just want to say that I am really sorry and that… I’m ready to face whatever consequence of my act is.”

I didn’t say anything. I was so furious, so mad. No, there was no word that could explain how I felt right now. I wanted to see Mira. I wanted to make her pay. But mostly, I wanted to see my son…

As I went outside the hospital, I found a bench nearby and sat down. My knees were shaking.

What should I do? How could I see my son?

Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw Jihoo’s name. That was right! Jihoo… he could help me…

“Na Young, where are you? What happened?” he immediately asked once I answered his call.

“Jihoo… where are you? We… we need to talk…”

“I’m at the restaurant, the one where you are working at,” he answered.

“Wait for me there. I need to tell you something. I need to talk to you,” I said and hang up. I immediately called a cab and went to the restaurant.

Jihoo was waiting for me inside.

“Na Young, what happened to you?” one of my co-workers asked.

“I’m sorry for running away. I just need to do something.”

“I understand. Mr. Kim is waiting for you.”

“Where is he?”

She pointed the table where Jihoo was sitting at. I went towards him. He immediately stood up once he saw me. There was a worried look on his face.

“Na Young, are you alright? What happened?”

“I…”

“Let’s sit first,” he said as he led me to a table far from the customers. “What is it?”

“I… Jihoo… “ I gulped as I breathed hard. I looked at him and told him everything starting from the day that he broke up with me until what happened a while ago. He was looking at me with wide eyes.

“Are you serious?”

“Jihoo, you know me. Do you think I’ll make up this kind of story? If you want, you can talk with NaNa, your wife’s friend.”

“I can’t believe this…”

“Jihoo, I’m begging you. Please, let me see my son. I want to be with my son,” I said as I cried. He looked at me as he held my hand above the table.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you.”

“You… you believe me?”

“I… I don’t know yet. But there are two things I’m sure of… You are a person who can’t lie something about this…”

I looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

“Mira can surely do the things you just said…”

END OF POV

JIHOO’S POV

I couldn’t believe everything that Na Young told me but thinking about the past... about Jaejoong…

Maybe… maybe it was all true…

Every time I look at Jaejoong, I always remembered Na Young… The way how Mira treated Jaejoong before, yeah, it was possible.

It was already midnight when I decided to come home. I knew Jaejoong was already sleeping at this hour. I didn’t want him to hear me and Mira once I confronted her.

I stopped my car outside the house and went out. I immediately went to the master’s bedroom, expecting to see Mira but what I just saw was the messy room. I went near the bed and tried looking around but I didn’t see her.

“You’re finally home,” I heard her voice behind me. I looked at her. She was standing at the door. She looked drunk.

“I saw you a while ago… with that ! Why are you with her?!?” she shouted as she came near me, leaving the door open.

 “Don’t shout. You’ll wake Jaejoong up,” I warned her.

“I don’t---“

“Why? Do you want him to see what kind of person you really are? You want him to hear that you stole her from his real mother?” I asked again in a low voice.

She was shocked… her eyes kept looking around…

“W-what are you saying? He’s my---“

“He’s Na Young’s son, right?”

“No!”

“Admit it, Mira!”

She stayed silent as she glared at me.

 “I’ll get Jaejoong,” I said and was going out from the bedroom when Mira shouted once again.

“I won’t let you! He is my son! He belongs to me!”

She went towards me and grabbed my arm, preventing me from going out.

“Let me go! I’ll get my son!” I shouted and freed myself from her. She dropped on the ground. Suddenly, a figure came towards us.

“Omma!” Jaejoong said, kneeling beside Mira. Mira hugged him tight, not letting me have him.

“Jaejoong, come here,” I ordered.

“No, Joongie. Don’t go. You want to be with Omma, right?” Mira told him, pleading him.

“Jaejoong!” I shouted.

“No! I won’t come with you! I’ll stay with Omma!” Jaejoong looked at me in anger.

“Jae---“

“You heard my son! He’ll stay with me!”

I didn’t have a choice but to pull him with me but she hugged Mira tightly. I sighed as I looked at them. I clenched my fist. Mira, you were so selfish! I went out but I promised to myself, I wouldn’t stop until I got my son.

END OF POV

 

(PRESENT TIME)

JAEJOONG’S POV

“We did everything so we can talk to you and tell you the truth but Mira, she did everything to stop us,” Appa continued. He was right. They did everything but I… I pushed them away.

“That time, when Mira committed suicide, she planned it,” NaNa said. I looked at her.

“What do you mean?” I asked in a whisper.

“Jihoo wanted to divorce her. Nothing can change his mind. Because of that, Mira’s parents were so mad that they blamed Mira for this. Not only there would be a conflict in their business but also, it will create a bad reputation to both families.

“Mira was so mad, she was hysterical. She told me that she wouldn’t let Na Young be happy. She will do everything… even if she had to use you.”

“Use me? How?”

“By poisoning your mind… By making you… a terrible person… a person who hates the poor… By hating your real mother… By making you live in darkness… You were so young. She manipulated your mind. She used your love for her and your real parents love for you. She knew that during that time, when you hated the poor, once Jihoo and Na Young told you the truth, you won’t understand, you’ll get hurt and she knew Jihoo and Na Young wouldn’t let that happen.”

“I don’t believe you,” I said as I shook my head.

“That day, she told me those things. I didn’t know how she would achieve that but then, when it was reported in the news that she died, I already knew it was not an accident especially when I saw you at the funeral… And on that day, I knew Mira succeeded.”

I didn’t want to accept it but I knew… I knew she was telling the truth…

Omma, why?

All I ever did was to love you…

Why did you make me like this?

“That was why we didn’t tell you before. You were so young, so mad at everyone. We know that when we told you the truth, it would be too much for you so we waited for the right time. We waited until you grow up but… your anger increased considering the things that happened to you especially about HyunJoong,” Appa said.

“Na Young continued working at our restaurant until she became my secretary just to be with you. She hoped that she would get closer with you but she didn’t. That’s why I asked her to marry me. She was refusing at first because she knew it would make you angrier but it was the only option we could think so she can be near you and show you how much she loves you,” Appa continued, holding Na Young’s hand.

I looked at them… especially her…

Her eyes were pleading me… Her eyes… the same eyes that I had…

It was pure silent as they waited for what I would say. I gulped.

“I…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so, what do u guys think? Is it bad? confusing? 

Thank u new subscribers!

Also thank u to those who comment!

hazel_marie13mydream501valerie_sunhae,Jun_KOI_Misnowjoker,Hirin12dkhanani27ploykz-sunny

ivylicious18PororoChancrescentloveJaeSunHae_cyCshinmifroggie95superhyukkieFolderNameryoma28

 Anyway, that's all for now 

I'll update as soon as I can!

DATE: February 25, 2012(It's currently 1:00 am here, haha)