Chapter 24

It All Started With A Bet

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

I took a cab. I didn’t know where to go. I wanted to think. I needed to think.

I closed my eyes as I remembered what happened a while ago. My mind was very confused right now. I didn’t know what to do… what to believe…

Omma…

I looked outside the window. The rain was starting to fall…

I couldn’t help but remember everything… everything that happened to the past… the reason why I became like this… the reason I hated those poor…

It all started on that day… when I was ten years old…

 

I was holding Omma’s hand when I went out of our car. It was Sunday, a family day. I was with Omma. We were going to eat then we were going to the amusement park.

Suddenly, Omma stopped walking and I felt her held my hand tighter. I looked up at her and saw her angry face. I knew she was controlling her anger. But why?

I looked at what she was looking at. There, inside the restaurant, was Appa. He was talking with a woman… while holding her hand above the table. Why was he here? He said he was busy so he couldn’t come with us. Was he in a meeting? But why was he holding that woman’s hand?

I looked at Omma once again.

“Omma, who is that girl with Appa?” I asked.

“Let’s go.” Instead of answering me, she pulled me inside the car. Our plan for this day was cancelled.

Before we left that place, I glanced once again at Appa and the woman. Even without saying anything, I knew something was wrong.

 

“Why are you with her?”

I woke up once I heard Omma’s shout from the other room. I wonder what was happening.

“Don’t shout. You’ll wake Jaejoong up,” I heard Appa’s calm voice as I opened my bedroom’s door. His voice held warning.

Then, all I could hear were whispers. I couldn’t distinguish what they were saying.

I slowly walked to the master’s bedroom, careful not to be heard by my parents.

The door was slightly open but it was open enough for me to see how messed up their room was. Did Omma do all this?

I looked up at them. Appa’s face was calm but there was anger in his eyes. Omma was crying as she glared at Appa… but her eyes… there was fear in it…

What was happening? Why were they fighting? Was it because of what we saw a while ago?

“I’ll get Jaejoong,” Appa said as he walked towards the door. I quickly hide. 

“I won’t let you! He is my son! He belongs to me!” I heard Omma shouted.

“Let me go! I’ll get my son!” I heard Appa shouted again. I peeked from where I was hiding and saw Omma dropped on the ground as Appa freed himself from her grip. My eyes widen and I ran to her quickly.

“Omma!” I cried as I kneeled beside her. She immediately hugged me tight, shielding me. It was as if someone might grab me away from her.

“Jaejoong, come here,” I heard Appa said to me.

“No, Joongie. Don’t go. You want to be with Omma, right?” Omma whispered to me, as if pleading me.

“Jaejoong!” Appa called me once again.

“No! I won’t come with you! I’ll stay with Omma!” I shouted.

“Jae---“

“You heard my son! He’ll stay with me!”

Appa approached me but I hugged Omma tighter, glaring at him. I wouldn’t come with him! He hurt Omma!

He sighed before retreating back. He clenched his fist before he went out.

Omma cried so much that night as I comforted her.

 

The next day, I was waiting for Omma to pick me up in school. I was talking with one of my friends, Yunho. He noticed that I had a problem so I told him what happened. He was my best friend. He always supported me and he was always by my side.

Suddenly, he looked behind me and looked at me in worry.

“Why?” I asked and looked behind me. My eyes widen but soon, it was replaced by a glare. I clenched my fist as they got nearer.

In front of me was Appa… with the woman he was with yesterday. The woman was looking at me intently. She looked happy.

Appa smiled at me as he bent down to my height.

“Jaejoong-ah,” he started but I just glared at him. “I want you to meet someone,” he said as he looked at the woman. The woman came forward, inching closer to me.

“H-hello,” the woman greeted me but I just looked at Appa, still glaring at him.

“She is Na Young---“

“Why are you here… with her?” I asked, interrupting him. It only indicated that I didn’t want to meet that girl. I knew it was because of her why they Omma and Appa fought yesterday… why Omma was crying… why Omma was hurt…

“Jaejoong-ah, I---“

“What are you doing here?” I heard Omma’s voice as I felt a hand pulled me away from Appa. I looked at the person who was holding my arm. It was Omma…

She was mad…

“Omma…”

“Why are you here? And why did you bring that mistress of yours here?” Omma asked in a low but firm voice.

“Jaejoong is my son and---“

“I’m telling you, don’t come near my son again before I lose my patience. And don’t start now or else I will surely make a scene here and I assure you, you and your mistress won’t have a face to show in public again,” Omma threatened.

I looked around and saw some people staring at us and whispering.

“Omma…” I whispered as I looked at Omma. Appa’s family hated controversies and anything that could stain the family’s name.

“Fine… but I will be back to get my son,” Appa said.

Omma smiled and came near Appa, putting up an act as a loving couple. Omma kissed Appa on the cheek and Appa forced a smile. Her mistress looked away.

“Jaejoongie, let’s go. Yunho, we’ll go first, okay?” Omma looked at Yunho with a smile, still acting happy. She then looked at Appa lovingly. “Honey, we’ll go first. Why don’t you invite our…  employee in our house sometimes? It will be fun..” Omma said, looking at Appa’s mistress.

I didn’t know Omma could act like this. I looked around again and saw the people not caring anymore at us, thinking that nothing was wrong.

Omma pulled me with her in her car and we went home. She was silent throughout the ride and I just kept silent, too. I knew she was mad…

Once we get home, she grabbed me and looked at me deeply.

“Promise me… promise me you won’t get near that girl again… even to your Appa…”

“But Omma…”

“What? You like them now more than me? I know you’re smart, Jaejoong. I know you know who that girl is to your father… That girl… she works in our company. She is poor. She seduced your father. She will do everything just to have money even destroying a family, do you understand? All those poor are like her! They will use us just to have what we have… just to have what they want! Do you understand me?!?” Omma was becoming hysterical. She was crying and shaking me furiously like a crazy person.

I was starting to get scared. Omma… Did Appa do this to you?

I hugged Omma tightly.

“I promise, Omma. I will not trust those poor especially that girl. I promise…”

She looked at me with a smile as she caressed my hair…

 

The next day, our family driver picked me up at school. I asked him where was Omma but he said that she went out and ordered him to fetched me.

It was already dinner and I was waiting for Omma to come but she didn’t. I continued waiting in my room until I fell asleep.

It was in the middle of the night that I suddenly woke up. The first thing that came to my mind was Omma. Did she already arrive?

I went out of my room and walked to the master’s bedroom. The door was slightly opened. My forehead knotted.

I went inside and looked around but I didn’t see Omma.

Suddenly, I saw the bathroom’s light was open. I slowly walked near it; my heart was beating furiously for no apparent reason.

I gulped as I reached the door. My hand was shaking as I slowly opened the door. I walked inside and noticed something red on the floor. My eyes grew wide as I realized what it was..

… blood…

I heard a groan and saw Omma lying on the bathtub, her wrist was cut and blood was flowing down from it and into the white floor…

I immediately ran beside her as she opened her eyes slowly, her breathing was getting slower.

“Omma…” I called her as I could feel my tears flowing down from my eyes.

“Joongie-ah…” she whispered.

“Omma, I will call butler Im,” I said and was about to run outside when I heard her talked once more.

“No… you don’t have to…”

“But Omma…”

“Jongie, listen…You trust me, right? You trust Omma,” she asked and I nodded. “That girl… Avoid her… Hate her… Hate everyone who is like her… She was the reason why all of this… happened… She had your Appa… don’t let her… have you too…”

“I promise Omma….”

“Don’t trust someone like her… They’ll just use you…”

“Yes, Omma. I understand… I will never forgive them for doing this to us… I promise…”

Omma smiled once more before her eyes closed slowly…  

… her breathing stopped…

“Omma… Omma!”

I cried harder as I kept on calling Omma’s name. The maids came inside the room in a rush. I heard them gasped as they saw what happened.

Butler Im carried Omma’s lifeless body away and went to the hospital but they couldn’t save her… because she was already dead…

Omma…

… was gone…

 

No one knew what really happened that night… Everyone thought it was an accident…

My grandparents… Appa and Omma’s parents… covered up everything.

They paid the maids, the doctors…

… everyone who knew the truth…

… and made it looked like an accident…

They said that she was injured on the head… that she slipped in the bathroom and knocked her head on the bathtub…that she already lost so much blood before someone saw her…

…no one knew about the truth…

Was the family’s reputation more important for them? It was Omma who died! She killed herself! But they didn’t care… as long as the family’s name was clean…

This was how easy for them to hide the truth…

This was how powerful our name was…

… this was why many people would do everything just to have money…

… and our name…

 

It had been a year since Omma’s death. Appa came back to the house. I didn’t talk to him since then…

It was his fault that all of this happened…

He was the one at fault! But everyone sympathized with him! They should hate him like I do!

And that girl… that mistress of his…

She was still working at our company. She came to our house sometimes but I just gave her dirty looks every time.

I was glad that she didn’t get everything… she was still not part of our family… and I wouldn’t let her have our name…

Years had passed and my father still hadn't mrried that girl. I thought he didn't had plans of marrying her...

… but I was wrong…

I was with my friends in Yunho’s house. We always went out when we got bored. We were currently talking when we heard the news on the television…

“Kim Jihoo, the president of Kim Corps. just announced his engagement with his secretary Song Na Young. Everyone was saying that their love story is like a fairy tale and everyone could see how much they love each other---“

Before the announcer finished her news, I immediately grabbed a vase and threw it hard on the television.

“Hyung…” I heard my friends called me in worry.

Damn him! Damn her!

They planned this! They made me think that they didn’t have plan of getting married! And once I let my guard down, that was when they would go on with their plan.

And they had already announced it to the public, making me no choice but to just go with their plan!

If this was what you want, I wouldn’t let you go easily…

I would make your life a living hell…

… like what you did to Omma…

 

When Na Young lived with us, I did everything just to make her life a living hell but she just endured everything I did. She always smiled at me even though I always gave her a dirty look.

Every time I talked bad to her, she would just smile.

Every time I went home drunk, she would always help me even though I always pushed her away…

I was getting frustrated!

“Hey, what are you thinking?” my cousin, Hyunjoong, nudged me and gave me a can of beer.

We were in his apartment. He invited me to introduce me to his girlfriend.

“Nothing…”

“So, how is it living with your new Omma? I bet she is nice,” he said with a smile. I frowned.

“How would you know?”

“She seems nice, just like my baby.”

“There is a difference. My stepmother is…no, was poor while your girlfriend---“

 “Is also poor,” he said as I looked at him.

“You mean…”

“That’s right. She’s also poor just like your stepmother but she is nice and she made my life complete. She’s my life,” he said. Before I could say anything, we heard someone knocking on the door.

Hyunjoong happily went and opened it.

When he came back, he was with a very beautiful girl… she looked innocent… but looks could be deceiving… like Na Young’s…

“Jae, this is my lovely girlfriend, Tiffany. And baby, this is my closest cousin, Jaejoong,” he introduced us. Tiffany smiled at me shyly and bowed lightly. I forced myself to smile.

The whole time, Tiffany was silent while Hyunjoong and I were talking… but I could see her checking me out. I smirked…

Like I said, looks could be deceiving…

 

Hyunjoong and I were inside a car shop, buying for a new model when we caught a familiar figure. A woman who was clinging to a man. The man gave the woman the car key and the woman kissed the man on the lips happily…

I looked at Hyunjoong and saw his deadly glare. He went near the couple.

“Tiffany,” he called out in a dangerous voice. The looked around and was shocked to see my cousin.

“Honey, do you know him?” the man beside her asked and the next thing I knew, my cousin was punching the man continuously. The was shouting hysterically at the scene. I, along with the staff, broke the two apart. I dragged my cousin away as he glared at Tiffany.

I sent him home and he locked himself inside his apartment. I just let him for the moment, letting him cool down.

But that was a mistake…

… because the next day, I just received a terrible news…

… of my cousin’s death…

First, Omma. Now, Hyunjoong. How many important people in my life would die just because of them?

Those poor… were like alcohol… it would make you feel curious of how it taste… it would make you feel warm… it would make you feel like it could help you forgot all your pain…

… but what you didn’t know was… it was slowly taking control of your body… making you do everything just to have a taste of it again… to keep it by your side…

… it was slowly ruining you… taking your life…

END OF POV

____________________________________________________

Hi everyone! I'm back with the story!

Sorry for the long wait!

I was really going to update this tomorrow for New Year especially that I just finished writing it just now but i couldn't sleep so I decided to just update it, hehe.

Are my readers still here?

Anyway, please tell me what you think of this update because I, myself, didn't know what to think about it, haha.

ANyway, hope all of u enjoy!

For those who subscribed, thank u so much and also for those who left a comment, thank u!

GraphicGuybusy_bee44Hafsa15FolderNameHirin12dkhanani27MaxZy23PororoChan,Satrina

likeamansuperhyukkietrxc_cassieCshinmipop_05wanqilohDruhyuk_JaeSunHae_cy,

vsh112 ,boojae_wifeyivylicious18crescentlove,lovesujuforever

Good bye everyone, for now!

That's all for now!

I'll update as soon as I can!

n_n

DATE: December 31,2011 (New Year is coming!)

Oh yeah, do u guys want a continuation to my Christmas Special or not? Please tell me, hehe. 

So, that's really all for now!

Bye bye!