Chapter 13

It All Started With A Bet

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

I was sleeping when I heard a knock on my door. I grunted. I was still sleeping! Again, I heard another knock. I hold anything that was within my reach and threw it on the door.

“I’m still sleeping!” I shouted at whoever maid it was.

“Yah, Kim Jaejoong!”

I immediately sat up as I heard ~~~~~-ah’s voice. Hell, I forgot where I was! I looked at my alarm clock but then I didn’t see it. Just then, my eyes caught something. I closed my eyes as I cursed. It was the alarm clock I threw at the door.

I stood up to take a bath. Damn! My head hurts! AISH! What have I gotten myself into?!? And what time was it, anyway?

And as if to answer my question, I heard a knock again. It was time to work! I immediately went to the bathroom and took a bath.

Calm down, Jae. It was just the second day of work. You still have more than three weeks to finish all this crap. Just be patient for now and you would get what you wanted.

END OF POV

YOUR POV

I looked at Jaejoong who was walking behind me. We were going to our first job. It was already 5: 30 in the morning, which means we just had two and a half hours of sleep. I was used to it so I didn’t mind. But looking at Jaejoong… I chuckled, looking at his sleepy face.

“What’s funny?” he asked as he looked at me.

“Nothing,” I said innocently. He raised an eyebrow.

“Look, I’m not used to all of this, okay?” he reasoned, realizing the reason on why I was laughing.

“Hmm, don’t you like parties? You should be used of sleeping late and having a headache the next day,” I asked.

“This is different, okay? Even though I got drunk in parties, at least I could spend the whole next day on sleeping,” he reasoned again. I nodded.

“Just be thankful that we didn’t get jobs that needed to carry heavy loads or else not only your head would hurt but also your whole body.”

“Who said my body doesn’t hurt? My bed is so hard I couldn’t sleep properly. And my back hurts,” he complained.

“It’s just your second day of work, you could still back down from my challenge,” I said.

“No way!” he shouted.

“It’s up to you,” I said, smiling at him innocently.

When we arrived at our first work, we didn’t finish the job early. Jaejoong was so slow; he kept on complaining that his body hurt. I was just rolling my eyes and smiling.

When we finally came to Heaven Café, I wasn’t surprised to see the DBSK members again. They were chatting with Yoona and Jiyeon. They immediately looked at us as we came in. The smiles on their faces immediately vanished as they saw Jaejoong trailing behind me. Changmin and Junsu immediately rushed beside him.

“Hyung, are you alright?” Changmin asked.

“You look like a zombie,” Junsu commented. Even though tired, Jaejoong still smacked his head.

“Hyung, that hurts!”

“Just shut up! You’re making me feel even worse!”

“Excuse me! I want to order now!” Yunho suddenly shouted.

“What is it?” Yoona, who was standing beside him, asked.

“No, Yoona, I want your other employee, the only male, to serve us,” Yunho said as he looked at Jaejoong. “Faster! Our time is so precious!” Yunho added, smiling innocently. His friends just shook their heads at their friend’s immature behaviour.

Jaejoong went to Yunho; his eyes blazing with fire.

“What is your order, sir?” he asked in a dangerous tone but Yunho seemed to be unaffected, thinking what the worst thing Jaejoong could do to him was. He just said his orders. The others didn’t have a choice but to also say theirs.

“Right away, sir,” Jaejoong said and left. As Yoona finished their orders, Jaejoong went and gave it to them.

Yunho’s smile faded when Jaejoong ‘accidentally’ spilled the coffee on him.

“Yah!” Yunho stood up as Yoona went to help him.

We were all shocked on what jaejoong did.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. It slipped,” Jaejoong said, imitating Yunho’s words yesterday when he also ‘accidentally’ spilled the coffee on the floor.

“You---,” Yunho said, pointing a finger on Jaejoong when he stopped.

“What?” Jaejoong asked dangerously.

“I’ll just make a new one,” Yoona stopped them from bickering.

“That’s good. I’m really sorry, sir,” Jaejoong said, satisfied on his little revenge. He, then, went beside me. I just looked at him.

“What?” he asked innocently. I just shook my head.

 

“Really, you and your friends are weird. Be thankful that he didn’t do something like the customer did yesterday.  Are you sure you, guys, are really close?” I asked.

“Yes. We are childhood friends, after all. We are like real brothers so he won’t do something like what the customer yesterday did.”

“Is that so? Then who is your closest among them?” He looked at his friends again, a smile tugged on his lips.

“Who do you think?” he asked.

“Changmin?” He shook his head. Just then, a new customer came. Before Jaejoong left, he looked at me.

“It’s Yunho.”

I shook my head. Yeah, they were really weird but… they were sure… unique.

END OF POV

JAEJOONG’s POV

Thank goodness! The last work! We were currently at the gasoline station, working just like yesterday. I wanted to go home and just sleep.

“Hi!” I looked at EunJung who was now standing beside me. “You seem tired. Are you alright?”

I was about to answer her when I saw Min Hyuk and ~~~~~-ah laughing with each other.

“How long has they known each other?” I asked, instead of answering her question.

“~~~~~-ah and Min Hyuk? Hmmm, half a month. Just last summer. It was the first time we met ~~~~~-ah,” she answered.

“How close are they?”

“Very close. ~~~~~-ah thought of Min Hyuk as a big brother he never had. They immediately became close because both of them were already orphans. Min Hyuk grew up in an orphanage while ~~~~~-ah’s parents died last year,” she explained. I looked at her.

“Last year? Then she started working…”

“Yeah, just last year. But she never complained. She was really hardworking and patient. Her parents also didn’t left much money for her so it was really hard. Luckily, she got accepted through a scholarship in Seoul-U. There were no other schools that could give her low tuition fee and at the same time can give a great education. She is a strong woman. That’s why many loves her,” she said as she looked at ~~~~~-ah.

I didn’t know what to think. Here I was, complaining with these works while her, she started working… with no one to guide her…. with no family beside her…

Suddenly, I remembered what I said to Yoochun before.

‘Come on Yoochun, why else did she pick our school, then? She could just enrolled in some universities out there, why our school? Of course because she knew it was a school for the rich, she could find a rich guy to provide her with whatever she wants and to get away at the hell she is in.’

I looked again at ~~~~~-ah…

~~~~~-ah…

….little by little… you were changing my perception of you…

…so was my feelings…

END OF POV

YOUR POV

“So, where are your other jobs?” Min Hyuk oppa asked me.

“Why?”

“So that I can visit you.”

“No need, oppa. I know you’re busy in school.” Min Hyuk oppa was studying in a musical school through scholarship. He had a great voice and really great in playing drums!

“Don’t mind it,” he said and I didn’t have any choice but to answer. Just then, I looked at where Jaejoong was at. He was talking with EunJung unnie. I wonder what they were talking about. Jaejoong looked at her and smiled sweetly.

Suddenly, I felt weird. It was like I wanted to push EunJung unnie away from Jaejoong. I felt like I didn’t want Jaejoong to smile at her like that.

What was wrong with me? Why was I feeling this way? Kim Jaejoong, what are you doing to me?

 

 

Days passed without much improvement on Jaejoong’s part. I could see he was suffering from all the work we did. That was good. At least he now knew how hard it was for the poor to live their lives not like him who just spent money on things that weren’t really important.

Tomorrow was Sunday. We didn’t have work. It was a rest day. But then, who said we also couldn’t work on a Sunday? I smirked. Hmm, Kim Jaejoong, I wonder how far you would go just to make me believe that you really like me…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I know, I know, it's short! sorry! I just made this chapter now so please forgive me if it is short and doesn't make sense. My mind is not working properly. I just wrote anything that came into my mind, hehe. Tell me if u don't like it so I can edit it, okay?

To my new subscribers. thank u so much!

and for those who comment, thank u!

boojae_wifeyxX_SecretTime_xXLiqhtlessJung_Jangmiellevalerie_sunhaemydream_jaelikeamanivylicious18JaeSunHae_cycrescentlove

And yeah if you will notice, i changed the title 'It All Started WITH A Bet' to 'It All Started IN A Bet'. I think that title suits the story more.

Anyway, that's all for now!

I don't know when I can update again bcuz school was about to start but I'll update as soon as I can!

DATE: October 31, 2011