Chapter 14

It All Started With A Bet

 

Hi! I just want to tell everyone that I added some things on Chapter 12, not so much, only in the Heaven cafe part and added a few lines on some parts. If u don't want to read it, it's fine. But for those who will read it, please tell me if u like that one or the first one so I can edit it, okay? 

And yeah, by the way, I lack knowledge on how Koreans use "-ah" and "ssi" or on how they call other people so please tell me if what i wrote here is correct so I can edit it, okay?

And another one, because of school, I don't know when can I update but i'll TRY to update at least, maybe, once a week. Is that fine?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaejoong’s POV

I groaned as I heard a knock on the door. What the hell! I thought today was Sunday? I looked at my phone and surely, it was Sunday. I was starting to get used of waking up early but I thought it would be a rest day today? What did ~~~~~-ah want this time? I stood up as I heard another knock.

As I opened my door, I was surprised not because of ~~~~~-ah but because of the two kids who rushed inside my apartment. I looked at ~~~~~-ah who was holding a baby in her arms.

“Okay, what is it this time?” I asked and she just smiled sweetly.

“Didn’t I tell you yesterday that we also have work today?” she asked.

“No, you didn’t,” I answered. I was sure she didn’t tell me anything and by just looking at her, I knew she had planned this.

“Oh, my bad. I’m sorry,” she ‘apologized’ and went inside. I closed the door and looked at them. “By the way, that one with the brown jacket is Mason, the one with the yellow one is Mavin, and this cute little angel I’m holding is Maden. Their parents aren’t around and they need babysitters so I accepted the job. Isn’t it wonderful?” she asked me excitedly.

“Yeah, very much,” I answered sarcastically. I hated kids, for crying out loud! It was so great, very, very great! My eyes widen as I saw the two kids, especially the one called Mason messed up with my things. I immediately ran to them to stop them. This was going to be a one hell of a Sunday!

END OF POV

YOUR POV

I wanted to laugh. I really, really wanted to laugh right now. Jaejoong’s face was priceless. I watched him while he was catching the kids. But two kids especially like Mason and Mavin, it would be hard. And for someone like Jaejoong who, obviously, didn’t like kids, it would be harder. I was already used of the Moon brothers and I knew how to stop them but I wouldn’t tell Jaejoong. Let him handle them his way.

Jaejoong caught Mavin but Mason, the eldest, started going to Jaejoong’s room, making him release Mavin and ran to catch Mason. Mavin on the other hand went to Jaejoong’s kitchen.

“~~~~~-ah, come on, help me,” Jaejoong pleaded but I looked at him apologetically.

“I’m sorry but I can’t leave Maden on his own. And we don’t have his crib or anything to keep him in place.” I reasoned.

Jaejoong, who was clearly very furious, shouted.

“The two of you, stop!” Jaejoong shouted and the two really did stop and looked at him, even Maden stared at him. But after a few seconds, they started to run around the place again. I smirked. Now, let’s see how clever you were to handle this situation, Kim Jaejoong.

END OF POV

JAEJOONG’S POV

I didn’t know how long I could still handle this situation. I was very new to this and looking at ~~~~~-ah, I knew she was very happy watching my misery. Wait, who said this was new to me?

Being with DBSK since childhood and being the oldest, it became a responsibility for me to handle them. Not only those times but until now. Hmmm, Junsu and Changmin were still kids, more likely, acting like kids. And what did I always do to stop them on their childish acts? I smirked. I looked at the two kids who were messing my apartment.

“Hmmm, I’m hungry. I wonder what food I should buy.” I said, pretending to think. Upon hearing the word ‘food’, the two kids went beside me.

“Bread!” Mason shouted.

“Sweets!” Mavin added. They were tugging my shirts and I chuckled, looking at their sparkling eyes.

“Okay, I will buy breads and sweets but you two have to promise to behave,” I told them and they nodded furiously. “And if I see any of you misbehaving, I will not give any sweets or bread anymore, understand?”

“Yes!” they shouted in unison.

“Okay, just sit and wait for me, okay? I’ll just take a bath and then we will go outside to buy.” Again, they both nodded. I quickly ran inside my room and took a quick bath. I didn’t want to give ~~~~~-ah time to convince those two to mess up with me again or whatever plan she had in mind.

END OF POV

YOUR POV

I was shocked when Jaejoong discovered the weaknesses of Mason and Mavin. I looked at the two kids and they sure were behaving, just sitting and waiting for Jaejoong to come back.

After a while, Jaejoong came back. His hair was still wet. Obviously, he rushed. Was he afraid I would do something to make those two misbehave again or to gave him a hard time? I chuckled. I didn’t plan on doing that.

Well, honestly, I didn’t plan of convincing the two brothers to mess around Jaejoong because I thought he wouldn’t be able to handle them, but as I could see, my prediction was wrong. I looked at Maden who was quiet on my arms. Who said this was the only test he would get today? It was still early. The day was till long.

“Kim Jaejoong, can you get that bag?” I asked him, pointing at the bag I was holding a while ago. He looked curiously at it. I told him to open it and he did. He got the contents out, clothes. “Those are Mavin’s clothes. Can you please change his clothes?”

“I think his clothes are fine.”

“No, their mother specially told me to change Mavin’s clothes,” I said and he sighed in frustration. He approached Mavin.

“Mavin, let’s change your clothes, okay?” he said and Mavin immediately ran away. “Yah!” Jaejoong shouted as he ran after him. Mavin was pretty quick. Now, what would you do?

END F POV

JAEJOONG’S POV

~~~~~-ah, you would surely make this hard for me, weren’t you? But sorry to say, I wouldn’t back down easily. I looked at Mavin. What should I do?

Sweets! I think I got a lollipop at the kitchen. Changmin gave it to me when he saw me tired the other day. He said it would give me strength but that only worked for someone like Changmin so I didn’t eat it. I immediately ran to the kitchen and got it.

“Mavin, look here. I have a lollipop!” I said as I saw him ran to me. “Let’s change your clothes first, okay?” I said and he nodded, eyeing the lollipop. I smiled and started changing his clothes.  

Thank you, Changmin! I owe you one.

END OF POV

YOUR POV

Aish! He did it! He successfully changed Mavin’s clothes without much effort. Now, we couldn’t do anything about that, right? So, let’s proceed to the next one.

“So, let’s go buy food for our lunch later,” I said and headed to the door. They trailed behind me. Jaejoong was holding each hand of Mavin and Mason.

We went to the supermarket.

“Why are we here? Why don’t we buy cooked foods?” Jaejoong asked.

“Their parents gave me money and they said they wanted their children to eat a home-cooked food,” I answered.

“So, what are we going to buy?” I asked.

“Just follow me,” I said as I got the ingredients we needed. After paying, we went back home. I looked at Jaejoong as he put the plastics of ingredients on the table.

“Can you make kimchi? I need to babysit Maden,” I told him and he just sighed. Hmmm, I wonder if he could make it.

He started preparing the ingredients and made kimchi. We were all looking at him as he worked. Not bad… It seemed like he was used of doing this kind of work… but… I shook my head. Impossible. Kim Jaejoong, the spoiled brat, rich kid who thought he could get everything in this world, knew how to cook?

It was lunch time and we started eating. I tasted the kimchi he made and my eyes widen. It was delicious! But… How could that be? I looked at Jaejoong and he was looking at me.

“So, how is it?” he asked. I gulped.

“Not bad,” I answered briefly. He was even better than me! I saw him smiled.

“I want bread!” I heard Mason shouted and that made me remember about the next test. Yeah, I almost forgot.

“But we forgot to buy bread. Just eat kimchi, okay?” Jaejoong told Mason and Mason shook his head furiously.

“I don’t like kimchi! I hate it!”

Jaejoong looked at me.

“His mother said that I should make kimchi and he needs to eat it,” I said innocently. Actually, I knew Mason hated kimchi that was why I chose kimchi to be our food today.

“Why don’t you like kimchi?” Jaejoong asked.

“It’s spicy!”

“No, it’s not. Look.” Jaejoog got a kimchi and ate it. He ate it liked it was the most delicious food in the planet. I got to admit; he could be a commercial model and endorser of kimchi. It really looked so real.

“It’s not spicy?” Mason asked.

“No, it’s not,” Jaejoong said and he shoved another one in his mouth. Mason looked at it with doubtful eyes. Suddenly, I got an idea. I would not let you win this one again, Kim Jaejoong.

“Yeah, it’s not spicy,” I agreed to Jaejoong and shoved some inside my mouth. Just then, I pretended to cough. “Sorry, I think it’s a little spicy,” I apologized.

“I don’t want to eat it!” Mason shouted again. Success! I looked at Jaejoong and he was glaring at me. I just smiled innocently at him.

“Come on Mason. A real guy should love spicy foods,” he encouraged but Mason didn’t budge. Just then, a knock was heard. Jaejoong went to open the door. I wonder who it was.

END OF POV

JAEJOONG’S POV

She was really making this whole thing harder! I opened the door and was surprised to see Junsu. He seemed like he was in a rush.

“Hyung, I need your help!”

“What is it, Junsu? What’s the matter?”

“This!” he said as he gave a car toy to me. I looked at it with raised eyebrow.

“Who owns this?”

“That’s mine.”

“Yah! How old are you, still playing something like this?”

“Hyung, I don’t have much time. I’m in a rush! I need you to keep it for a while and I’ll just get it again later, okay? Thank you, hyung! You’re really the best!” he shouted as he ran out. Before I could utter another word, he was already gone. I looked at the toy. That Kim Junsu, childish as ever. Just then, an idea came in my mind.

“Mason, look what I have.” I went to Mason’s chair and showed him the toy and true enough, his eyes sparkled in excitement. I let him handle it for a while.

“Okay, I’ll let you play after you eat. But you need to eat the kimchi, okay?” I told him and he nodded, eyeing the toy. Finally, he ate the kimchi. I sighed in relief.

I looked at ~~~~~-ah and she was frowning. I smirked.

Junsu, I also owe you one!

END OF POV

YOUR POV

I couldn’t believe he could do everything easily! So, at least he could do some things properly. Our time was almost up. The parents of the three brothers were about to come home. I looked at Maden. Now, it was your turn, little angel.

I looked at Jaejoong.

“Can you please take care of Maden? Let’s switch first,” I asked and he nodded reluctanty. I gave him Maden and I could see him gulped. Just then, Maden started to cry.

END OF POV

JAEJOONG’S POV

Oh no! What should I do? I hadn’t yet taken care of a baby before! I looked at ~~~~~-ah and she was busy playing with Mason and Mavin. I looked at Maden. He was still crying. Come on, stop crying.

I remembered how ~~~~~-ah held him and I did just that but still, he was crying! What should I do? What should I do? What should I do? I looked around. I didn’t have any baby’s toys here.

“Kim Jaejoong, can I borrow your room? Mason and Mavin are sleepy,” ~~~~~-ah asked me. I knew she just wanted to leave me to handle Maden. But then, I still nodded. They went inside my bedroom and I was alone in here, panicking of what I should do to stop Maden from crying.

Minutes passed… Maden was crying on and off. I was getting crazy here. And ~~~~~-ah was surely having the time of her life laughing at me inside my bedroom while the two kids were sleeping… sleeping… oh yeah, sleeping!

I looked at Maden who was currently looking at me with his wet eyes. Then, I started to sing a lullaby…

END OF POV

YOUR POV

I was smirking while hearing what was happening outside. Clearly, Jaejoong didn’t know how to handle babies. Just then, I heard a melodic voice singing a soft tune. Was that…

I stood up and peeked outside and true enough… it was him singing… Kim Jaejoong. I could see Maden drifting into slumber. Again, I focused my eyes on Jaejoong. I didn’t know he had this kind of voice. I closed my eyes and listened to his singing. I suddenly missed my father. He used to sing to me before I sleep. I didn’t know that a tear fell from my eye.

END OF POV

JAEJOONG’S POV

I looked at Maden. He was sleeping. I smiled as I breathed a sigh of relief. Just then, I looked at my bedroom. There she was, leaning against the wall with her eyes closed and… was she crying?

 She suddenly opened her eyes and saw me looking at her. She immediately stood up properly and wiped her tear. She went beside me and got Maden.

“I’ll put him inside,” she said as she went inside my bedroom. After a while, she came back.

“Are you alr---“ I started but she interrupted me.

“I didn’t know you know how to handle kids,” she said, clearly diverting my attention. I guessed it was personal.

“Not really. I didn’t really know what to do a while ago but I remembered Changmin and Junsu. Well, you know how childish they could get,” I said as I smiled at her. I wanted to make her smile and she did.

“Yeah, I know,” she said. “You know how to cook?”

“Why? Is that so surprising?”

“Really surprising. It’s just… not into your image.”

“The rich kid with a I-can-get-whatever-I-want image?” I asked as I chuckled. She, too, chuckled.

“Yes, that one.”

“Well, my grandparents own a restaurant and they taught me how to cook.”

“I see.”

 

An hour passed until we heard a knock. I opened it and saw a couple.

“Mom! Dad!” I heard Mason shouted as he ran to his father’s arms. Trailing behind him was Mavin and ~~~~~-ah who was carrying Maden.

“Thank you for taking care of our sons. We hope they behaved,” the woman said.

“They did,” I answered as I smiled.

“Here is the payment.” She gave an envelope to ~~~~~-ah as she got Maden from ~~~~~-ah’s arms.

“Thank you so much,” ~~~~~-ah bowed and I did the same. They were about to leave when Mason and Mavin turned to us.

“It’s so much fun!” Mavin said joyfully.

“We’ll come back again, okay?” Mason added. ~~~~~-ah and I nodded happily.

They were waving at us as they went away. Suddenly…

“Goodbye, Omma and Appa!” they both shouted and Maden clapped his hands, as if agreeing on what his brothers just called us.

When they were gone, I looked at ~~~~~-ah. She was blushing. I chuckled.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“You’re blushing,” I answered.

“I’m not! I-I’m going inside my apartment. I’ll just give your share of the money later,” she said and opened the locks on her door.

“Have a good rest, ~~~~~-ah,” I said and she looked at me.

“Honestly, you’re not actually that bad. I had a great time, Jaejoong-ah,” she said as she went inside her apartment.

My eyes widen. Did she just call me ‘Jaejoong-ah’ and not ‘Kim Jaejoong’? This means… I did it! We were slowly getting closer! She was not yet calling me oppa but for now, I was already contented with this.

I walked inside my apartment with a huge smile on my face. ~~~~~-ah, I couldn’t believe you could make me feel so happy without doing much. You were really…

…special…

END OF POV

YOUR POV

As I went inside my apartment, I recalled on the things that happened today. A smile was quickly plastered on my face. That was right; it had been a great day.

And he was not really actually that bad…

…Jaejoong-ah…

 END OF POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I based this chapter on Hello Baby of T-ara so don't be surprise if it's the same, hehe. I also love T-ara, that's why, haha. When I was making this chapter, that just popped in my head and boom! A new chapter was created, haha!

Yappee! I reached 97 subscribers, haha! Thank u so much, everyone! You made my day very happy and wonderful!

 

To those who comment, especially to those who always comment, I really want to say thank u! U, guys, gave me an inspiration to continue updating, hehe.

xX_SecretTime_xXmhinejae2526ArrisaKwonJaeSunHae_cylikeamanCshinmicrescentloveAKTFReignmissel

Anyway, that's all for now!

I'll update as soon as I can!

n_n

DATE: November 4, 2011