Chapter 27

It All Started With A Bet

Okay, i'm currently recovering from my writer's block and ideas were popping inside my head right now so I immediately wrote a chapter. 

I hope this will continue...

But I hope this chapter won't be boring for u, guys. please tell me what u think, thank u! This is just the first part of the past and the second part, i hope to update today or soon. I'm still working on it right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JAEJOONG’S POV

We were on our way to my house. It was so silent. I was nervous of what would happen later… of the things I would hear later…

Suddenly, I felt ~~~~~-ah’s hand held my right hand. I looked at her and saw her smiling at me, giving me comfort and assurance.

That was right…

I could do this… especially that she was beside me…

Soon after, we reached our house.

Butler Im immediately went to my side, getting my keys.

“Where are they?” I asked him, referring to Appa and… Na Young. I still couldn’t call her Omma.

“They are in the library, Young Master. They are waiting for you,” he answered. ~~~~~-ah and I went in, hand in hand.

I stopped at the door of the library once I saw them. They looked so worried especially… her…

She looked like she was crying the whole time.

I looked away from her. I felt ~~~~~-ah squeezed my hand. I looked at her and smiled a bit. We, then, proceeded inside… to where they were.

Appa and Na Young stood up when we came near them…

That was when I noticed a woman, probably older than Na Young a little, sitting at one side.

“Jaejoong-ah, I’m glad you’re fine,” Na Young said, relief was on her tone.

I didn’t respond. I didn’t know how and what to respond.

“Who is this girl?” I heard Appa asked, looking at ~~~~~-ah.

~~~~~-ah bowed slightly.

“I’m ~~~~~-ah, Mr. Kim. I’m one of the students in Seoul-U who got a scholarship,” ~~~~~-ah answered. Appa smiled at her.

“Really? And you’re my son’s friend?”

“Y-yes, Mr. Kim.”

“Let’s not waste time. I want to know what you’ll say,” I interrupted them. I was so nervous right now that if this would take longer, I might lose my courage to hear what they were going to say.

Appa looked at me and nodded. He, then, looked back at ~~~~~-ah.

“You can wait in the living roo---“

“No, she’ll stay here,” I said as I held ~~~~~-ah’s hand tighter. If she left, I didn’t know what I would do. I needed her beside me…

I didn’t know if it was just my imagination but I thought I saw Appa’s eyes sparkled.

We all sat down. I was sitting beside ~~~~~-ah. Appa and Na Young were sitting together with the other woman in front of us.

“Jaejoong, this is NaNa, a friend of your… the woman you thought your Omma,” Appa said as he cleared his throat.

I looked at the woman and saw her smiling at me. Omma’s… friend? Why was she here?

“I guess we should start with the story,” Appa said.

I could feel my heart beating furiously. I knew ~~~~~-ah knew how I felt right now because I was gripping her hand very tight.

“Na Young and I… were lovers. We met at a café where she was working. Our relationship was doing great until... Mira, your Omma, came back from Australia with her parents. Our parents were very great friends and Mira was my childhood friend. We were so close before that we even told each other that we would get married when we grew up… but I know that wouldn’t happen especially that I already met and fell for Na Young.

“Our parents wanted us to get married for their business and money. Our parents and Mira were so mad when they found out I didn’t want to marry Mira because of a poor girl. My parents threaten to disown me but I didn’t care. I was ready to elope with Na Young… until that day…”

 

FLASHBACK

Jihoo’s Pov

I was currently leaving my room, ready to go to the café where Na Young was when Mira blocked my way. How long had she been in here?

“What is it?” I asked.

“I have something important to tell you,” she said.

“Next time. I have a very important matter to attend to right now,” I said as I walked past her.

“I’m pregnant!” she shouted and I stopped in my tracks. I looked back at her.

“What does it have to do with me?” I asked. She smirked.

“So, now you don’t remember? That night, when your parents held a welcome party for me and my parents… That night, you got drunk, remember?”

My eyes widen. No, it couldn’t be! But.. that was just a mistake!

“Now, you remember.”

I glared at her. No, she was lying. This couldn’t be….

“How can I be sure that you’re really pregnant? And if you are, how can I be sure that that child is mine?”

She glared at me.

“You are the first man in my life! You know that! And if you want to make sure that I’m really pregnant, let’s go to a doctor,” she dared.

I was speechless… I was processing everything she told me. This couldn’t be! Na Young… I couldn’t lose her…

I was shaking my head.

“No…”

“You have to marry me.”

“I couldn’t do that!”

“You must do it! I’m carrying your child!”

“What did you say, Mira?” we heard a voice spoke. I looked at the stairs and saw our parents.

“Mira, answer me!” her father demanded in a dangerous tone.

“I-I’m… I’m pregnant, Appa,” Mira answered.

“And you’re the father, Jihoo?” Appa asked me. I clenched my fist.

“We should prepare for the wedding,” Appa said.

“No! I won’t marry her!” I shouted.

“And then what? You’re going to give shame to both families! We took care of our names throughout our life and we won’t let you destroy it!” Appa roared.

“You’ll marry my daughter, young man, or else we wouldn’t have any choice but to destroy that girl,” Mira’s father threatened.

They were heartless. I knew he was serious. The family’s name was more important than anything else. I couldn’t let Na Young got hurt because of them and… I couldn’t let my child grew up… without a father…

Once our parents were out of sight, I walked down the stairs.

“Where are you going?” Mira asked as she hurried beside me. “Are you going to that ?”

“Don’t call her that!” I said as I glared at her.

“So you’re really going to her?!? I won’t let you!”

“You want me to end my relationship with her, right? So I can marry you.”

“You’re going… to break up with her?”

“Congratulations! Be thankful that I’m not a heartless father,” I said as I went out.

I didn’t know how to do this… I couldn’t leave her… She was my life.

Once I came in front of the café, I watched her doing her work. There was still time before her shift ended.

I watched her from a distance. I watched how she smiled, walked, talked… I would miss her… my Na Young…

I didn’t notice that her shift already ended. She looked outside and smiled when she saw my car. She smiled and hurried out.

I closed my eyes, stopping the tears that were threatening to fall. I breathe hard before I went out of the car and smiled at her. She hurried beside me and kissed me on the cheeks.

“I thought you won’t come,” she said.

“Let’s go. I… have something to tell you,” I said.

“Really? I also have something to tell you, oppa,” she said.

We went inside the car and I drove to her house.

The whole ride was silent. It seemed like she was thinking of something. She also looked nervous.

I stopped my car in front of her house. No one still dared to speak.

“W-what do you want to tell me?” I asked.

“No, you first,” she said.

I gulped.

“I… Na Young, you know how much I love you, right?” I asked her and she nodded.

“O-Oppa, is there something wrong?” she asked in worry.

“I… Mira… she is… pregnant…” I said and waited for her reaction but she was just looking at me.

“And… y-you’re the… father?” she asked and I slowly nodded. “H-how? I… you said…”

I held her hands and found out she was shaking. Tears were falling from her eyes. I pulled her in me and hugged her tight.

“I love you…  That night… it was a mistake. I was drank…”

“How about me? Are you… planning to break up… with me?” she asked and I looked at her and cupped her face.

“Our parents… they found out… they are now planning the wedding… and my child…”

She shook her head as she held my hands.

“I… I understand… I will be fine, oppa. I… I know that your family’s name… is very important… I... I don’t want you to feel miserable or anything…”

“I love you. I love you. You know that, right? You believe me, right?”

“I do, oppa. I do. I love you, too,” she said between sobs.

I held her tightly as I gave her one last kiss. I wanted her to be with me… I wanted the time to stop…

She pulled away from the hug and got out of the car. Before she walked in her house, she looked at me one more time…

“Goodbye, oppa,” she said and she was out of my view…

The girl I loved…

… and would always love…

END OF POV

Na Young’s POV

I closed the door as I leaned on it. My tears couldn’t stop falling. My heart hurt. I couldn’t breathe.

Why… why did this happen… Why me…

I sat on the floor as I cried…

I put a hand on my stomach…

I thought this day would be one of the happiest days of my life…

I thought…

No. I shook my head.

I would be strong…

“I will be strong… I promise, I will take care of you even without your Appa. I will give you all my love, my baby…”

END OF POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, what do you think?

Is it boring or just fine?

ANyway, i'm glad that u guys liked the previous chapter, hehe. 

ANd yeah, I reached 175 subscribers! Yay! Thabk u for those who subscribed!

And also, thank u for those who left a message!

SwaggerliciousHafsa15JibriellHirin12_DyNaR_,dkhanani27PororoChansuperhyukkie,ivylicious18 

FolderName,hazel_marie13JaeSunHae_cyryoma28busy_bee44lovesujuforeverploykz-sunny

 

Anyway, that's all for now!

I'll update as soon as I finish a chapter!

bye!

n_n

DATE: January 23, 2012(Happy chinese new year!)