Chapter 12

It All Started With A Bet

 

 

YOUR POV

I immediately woke up as I heard my alarm clock rang. I took a bath and prepared myself. I made two sandwiches and made my way to Jaejoong’s apartment. I knocked on his door. No response.

I think he was still asleep. I waited for a while until he opened the door. It was obvious he just took a quick bath.

“Sorry. Are we late?” he asked.

“No. You’re just in time. Let’s go.” I walked with him trailing behind me. It was obvious he was still sleepy. I gave him one of the sandwiches.

“You should put something into your stomach before working,” I said.

As we went to our first job, I quickly got the newspapers and rode on the bike. I looked at Jaejoong who just looked at his bike.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. He looked at me and to the bike. “Don’t tell me… you haven’t yet road a bike?” I asked and he looked away. I chuckled.

“It’s not funny,” he groaned.

“Come on, it’s just easy.” I showed him how to road a bike. “Just like that.”

He tried riding it but he was falling down. I couldn’t help but laughed at him. His face was priceless. Suddenly, he was beside me and tickling me, making me laugh so hard.

“Stop it!” I said as I tried to get away from him. Suddenly, I lost balance and was about to fell with the bike on top of me but luckily, he grabbed my waist, closing the gap between our bodies. We stopped laughing and looked at each other.

My heart was beating so fast. Suddenly, his face was getting closer to mine. My breathing stopped as our faces were getting so close. Suddenly, his phone rang. I jumped a little but pushed him softly. He looked at the caller ID.

“Junsu,” he greeted the caller as he cleared his voice.

I sighed in relief. That was too close. What was happening to me? It was just his second day and I was already feeling this way and we almost kissed! No, ~~~~~-ah. You should not feel like this towards him.

END OF POV

JAEJOONG’s POV

 I heard a knock on my door as I opened my eyes. What the hell! I was still sleeping! Suddenly, I noticed the room I was in was not familiar. I remembered where I was. Again, I heard a knock on the door. I looked at my watch and cursed! I immediately went inside the bathroom and took a quick bath.

I saw ~~~~~-ah as I opened the door.

“Sorry. Are we late?” I asked her.

“No. You’re just in time. Let’s go.” She walked first as I was walking behind her. I was still sleepy and not to mention, hungry. Suddenly, she stopped and gave me a sandwich.

“You should put something into your stomach before working,” she told me.

As we arrived at our first job, she quickly got one of the bikes and rode it. I didn’t know how to ride a bike. I haven’t even ridden one even once in my life. ~~~~~-ah looked at me, seeing that I was not moving.

“What’s wrong?” she asked and I looked at her. Again, I looked at the bike, not knowing what to do. “Don’t tell me… you haven’t yet road a bike?” she asked and I looked away in embarrassment. I heard her chuckled.

“It’s not funny,” I groaned. I couldn’t believe that a woman was laughing at me!

“Come on, it’s just easy,” she said as she showed me how to used the bike. “Just like that.”

I tried riding it but I was falling down. She laughed at me. Suddenly, I got an idea. I went beside her and tickled her. She was laughing so hard and I laughed with her.

“Stop it!” She was trying to get away from me but to no avail. Suddenly, she lost balance and was about to fell with the bike on top of her but I quickly grabbed her waist, closing the gap between our bodies. Suddenly, it became very silent as we looked at each other.

I was looking at her as my face, unconsciously, was getting closer to hers. Suddenly, I heard my phone rang. ~~~~~-ah pushed me softly as I looked at who called me.

“Junsu.” I cleared my voice.

I couldn’t believe what happened. This was so not like me.

This was the first time I did things… with feelings involved.

END OF POV

YOUR POV

Throughout the time we were delivering newspaper, it was very awkward. But the tension soon faded as Jaejoong was learning how to ride the bike. I helped him and soon, even though slowly, he could ride the bike better.

After delivering newspapers, we went to Heaven Café. Yoona and Jiyeon were already there. Jaejoong greeted them as they greeted him back.

“Unnie, is he your boyfriend?” Jiyeon asked me.

“Soon Jiyeon, soon,” Yoona answered for me. I gave her a look, telling her to shut up. Both sisters smiled at me teasingly. I looked at Jaejoong and he was smirking.

“And why are you smirking?” I asked him.

“You’re so cute when you’re mad,” he said and I blushed.

“Oh, look who’s blushing,” Yoona and Jiyeon teased me. I rolled my eyes and went behind the counter to start my job. Jaejoong would be serving the customers.

Luckily, there were customers that came so they stopped teasing me for now.

“Good morning!” the customers aka DBSK greeted us.

“What are you guys doing here?” Jaejoong asked.

“Oh, you shouldn’t treat your customers like that,” Yunho said, obviously taking the chance to irritate Jaejoong.

“Hello,” Yunho then looked at us, more precisely, to Yoona. I raised an eyebrow. These two… Don’t tell me…

I looked at Jaejoong and he winked at me, confirming my thought. I couldn’t believe this! How?

“Hi! I’m Changmin and you are?” Changmin asked Jiyeon who was blushing.

“J-Jiyeon,” she answered.

“You’re Yoona’s sister?” he asked again and Jiyeon nodded.

“So, it means you are younger than me. Then you can just call me Changmin oppa, okay?”

“Good morning, what’s your order?” I interrupted Changmin from flirting with Jiyeon. She was so young and even though Changmin was harmless, I still wanted to protect Jiyeon. She was like a younger sister to me.

“I’ll have one café latte, and one slice of this cake,” Yunho said, looking at Jaejoong. “Be fast, okay? I hate waiting,” he added and I, along with others except Jaejoong, chuckled. It was so obvious Yunho was enjoying this. Well, it was a rare thing that could happen in your life, seeing the infamous Kim Jaejoong as a waiter. I looked at Jaejoong to see what he was going to do.

“Of course, sir. Take your sit first,” he said as he smiled at Yunho. It was obvious that it was a force smile.

He went to Yoona and told her Yunho’s orders. The rest of his friends said their orders to me as they also sat down on their seats. When Jaejoong was done putting their orders on their table, he was about to leave when we heard his friends’ gasped. We looked at them and saw Yunho’s coffee spilled on the floor. Luckily, the glass didn’t break.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. It slipped,” Yunho said, smiling. I rolled my eyes. He purposely did that to make Jaejoong clean the floor. Again, I looked at Jaejoong’s reaction. He was still maintaining his smile. I sighed. That was a good start. Jaejoong went to them and get the cup of coffee.

“Is that so, sir? I’ll just get a new one,” Jaejoong said before disappearing. “Where is the mop?” he asked.

“I’ll do it!” Yoona and Jiyeon chorused, knowing that Jaejoong didn’t experience such work before.

He was about to protest when I interrupted him. “Just let them. It will become messier if you will do the cleaning,” I said before turning my back at him. Customers mostly came at this hour; I didn’t want him to make a scene by doing mistakes. Yoona’s parents would be disappointed.

Yoona made her way to Yunho’s table and cleaned.

“Why are you the one doing that?” Yunho asked. His voice suddenly became caring. Again, I rolled my eyes. The second one I hated the most in their group was Jung Yunho. He was popular as a playboy and in making the girls’ cry after he got what he wanted. What was Yoona thinking?

After a while, Yoona went back to make his order again. After making it, Jaejoong went to serve it to Yunho’s table. Yunho was smiling innocently at him.

“Here’s your order, SIR,” Jaejoong said, smiling and at the same time emphasising the last word. I was sure he was already irritated. He was about to leave when Yunho stopped him.

“Yeah, by the way---“ Yunho started but then stopped, seeing the murderous look on Jaejoong’s face. It was not really a scary look. In fact, he was smiling brightly at him but then, you could also sense authority in it. As if it was saying, ‘Try to say something I won’t like and you’ll get what you deserve’. Yunho laughed nervously. “N-nothing. Just want to say ‘thank you’,” he said and turned away from Jaejoong, making it harder for their friends in containing their laughters.

Soon, more customers came. Jaejoong’s work was fine… if you’ll exceed the parts where he was making mistakes… like spilling the coffee to the floor, breaking the cups, giving wrong orders, and the like. Thank goodness Jiyeon was doing the cleaning, especially mopping, or else… I shook my head… I didn’t even want to think about it.

 

I even remembered what happened a while ago. Jaejoong was serving a cold coffee to a customer when he accidentally spilled it on his shirt, making the man angry.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!?” the man shouted in rage.

“It was an accident,” Jaejoong reasoned. What was he doing?!? He should apologize.

“W-what? Yah! You worthless , you dare answer me?!? Apologize!”

“Why should I apologize to you?”

“I can’t believe this! What kind of coffee shop is this, hiring a stupid worker here?!?” the man shouted again as he looked around. Fortunately, we don’t have other customers that time.

“Stupid?” Jaejoong asked as he grabbed the man’s collar. We all rushed to him to stop him. “Who do you think you are, calling me stupid and worthless ?!? Do you want to still live?!? Do you know who I am?!?” he shouted making the customer scared. His friends broke Jaejoong’s grasp on the poor man.

“Yah! Stop it!” I shouted at him. He didn’t even hear me and continued to glare at the man. I went in front of him. “If you won’t stop, just go back home and don’t come near me again!” I said. This time, he looked at me. We stood there, glaring at each other.

“Fine!” he finally said.

“Now, apologize!” I ordered him and he looked at me as if saying that I was crazy but then I continued to look at him, telling him that I was serious about what I said a while ago.

He pulled away from his friends’ grasps and went outside. I let Yoona and Jiyeon handled the customer. I followed Jaejoong.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing out there a while ago?!? That’s our customer!” I shouted at him.

 “Look, it was an accident and he told me, no ORDERED me to apologize to him! Never in my life had I apologize to anyone!”

“Fine! If you want to stay like that, just go back to your mansion and live like a prince and don’t you ever show your face to me ever again! I knew you were just lying about your feelings! And if ever it is actually real, sorry but I can’t accept someone like you who couldn’t even apologize to anyone!” I said as I went inside the shop but he grabbed my arm. I glared at him. “If you don’t care on what will happen to this coffee shop, I do! Yoona and her family do! This is their only means of living. What do you think your behaviour a while ago will lead into?!?”

He sighed. “Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t consider those things. But you should understand that all of this are still new to me so don’t expect me to change right away,” he said in a softer voice. I sighed. He had a point.

“Fine, just don’t let this happen again or anything similar to this.”

“I promise I’ll try my best. Thank you.”

Lunch time came. Jaejoong’s friends were already gone. We ate first before going to our next job. We ate with Yoona and Jiyeon.

“Good luck to your next job!” Yoona said as she waved at us.

“Fighting!” Jiyeon added.

The restaurant was not so far so we just walked. We still have time, anyway.

 

The restaurant’s owners were an old couple. They were kind. They don’t have a child so they really need helpers. We greeted them as we came inside. There were already customers but only few. I told Jaejoong to do the simplest works first to prevent any commotion like what happened a while ago at the coffee shop but still, he was making mistakes. I shook my head. I knew he couldn’t do it. I could see Uncle and Aunt Kwon shook their heads as well as they looked at him. I could see Jaejoong was already frustrated. I sighed. I didn’t know how many times I sighed today because of him.

END OF POV     

Jaejoong’s POV

DAMN! I couldn’t believe I was really working right now. I couldn’t even do something without making a mistake. I couldn’t believe those poor would do these hard works just for money while me, my only problem about money was where to spend it. I sighed.

How could I make her fall for me when all I did in front of her were mistakes? Damn these works! And to think that I would have to do this every day.

 

I was still frustrated at what had happened at the coffee shop but I couldn’t show it or else ~~~~~-ah would be mad and would surely throw me out of her life. I couldn’t let that happen. I already sacrificed so much I couldn’t let them all go to waste.

We just finished our dinner with Uncle and Aunt Kwon when I heard ~~~~~-ah called me.

“Kim Jaejoong, help me in washing the plates,” she said.

“No need. We’ll just do it. You still have another job, right? Get going,” Uncle Kwon told us.

“No, it’s fine. The two of you should be the one to rest, uncle,” ~~~~~-ah countered, smiling. It was a sincere smile. I just found myself smiling as I looked at her.

“No, no. There were just a few customers today so there were only few plates needed to be washed. And we always do this for the past years,” Aunt Kwon joined in.

~~~~~-ah just let them do what they wanted. We bowed as we bid good bye.

END OF POV

YOUR POV

It was already ten in the evening. We were going to work in the gasoline station for five hours, meaning we would be going home at three in the morning. I wonder if my co-workers before were still there.

As we came in the gasoline station, I saw them: Eunjung unnie and Min Hyuk oppa. They smiled upon seeing me. Eunjung unnie went and hugged me.

“I missed you! How have you been?” she asked excitedly. I had not seen them for how many months and I totally missed hanging out with them.

“I’ve been fine. It’s our school break so I can work for the time being. How about you and Min Hyuk oppa?” I asked as I looked at Min Hyuk oppa beside her.

“Fine, as always,” she answered.

“We’re glad that you’re finally back. It felt like there’s something missing when you’re not around,” Min Hyuk oppa said. Just then, he looked behind me, noticing Jaejoong.

“Oh, who is he?” Eunjung unnie asked. I turned around and looked at Jaejoong.

“He’s Jaejoong, my schoolmate and he lives at the apartment next to mine. He’ll also work with us,” I introduced them.

“Hmm, I felt like I’ve seen him somewhere before. I just don’t know where,” Eunjung unnie said, thinking hard. She must had seen him in the magazines. Jaejoong’s family was popular so whenever they were in social gatherings, their pictures were always in the magazines the next day.

“You always said that to everyone. I even remember you saying that to me the first time you met me,” Min Hyuk oppa said as we chuckled. Eunjung unnie was always like that. She always felt like she had seen someone but the truth, it was just her imagination.

“So, let’s get started,” I said as Jaejoong and I went to change our clothes.

I was the first one to finished changing so I immediately went out. There, I saw Min Hyuk oppa smiling at me. I smiled back at him.

“Oppa,” I said as I approached him. Suddenly, he hugged me. I smiled as I hugged him back.

“I missed you,” he said.

“I missed you, too, oppa,” I said as I broke away from the hug. “I missed my best male bestfriend!” I said.

END OF POV

JAEJOONG’S POV

I finished changing and went out. Never in my life had I imagined myself wearing a gasoline boy uniform! I sighed in frustration.

I stopped as I saw a familiar figure hugging someone. It was ~~~~~-ah with the Min Hyuk guy.

“I missed you,” Min Hyuk said.

“I missed you, too, oppa,” ~~~~~-ah respond as she broke away from the hug. “I missed my best male bestfriend!” she added. I could see Min Hyuk smiling but it was obvious that with that smile was sadness. I shook my head. Dumb girl. Couldn’t she feel that he felt something for her?

“Let’s go, oppa?” ~~~~~-ah said as she linked arms with Min Hyuk.

Oppa? She had been calling him that since a while ago and I really hated it. She called him oppa while she still called me with my full, may I repeat, FULL family name! And she was smiling at him while it was so rare for her to smile at me! And she even linked arms with him while it was so hard for me to have any body contact with her! AISH! This girl really makes me furious!

END OF POV

YOUR POV

Something was wrong. Jaejoong looked frustrated even more than a while ago. I wonder what happened. I approached him.

“Kim Jaejoong, you’ll be responsible in guiding the cars, okay? I think you already know how, right?” I told him. He glared at me.

“Of course I know. I also have my own cars so I know what to do and I’m not that stupid,” he said coldly. Luckily, we were a little far away from Eunjung unnie and Min Hyuk oppa or else there would be a fight. Min Hyuk oppa was very protective of me that he wouldn’t allow other people talk to me that way. I glared back at Jaejoong.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked with knotted forehead.

“Nothing. Just go back to your work,” he said as he looked away from me.

“Fine!” I said, irritated.

When a car came, we didn’t talk to each other until we go home. I bid goodbye to my friends while Jaejoong just nodded at them.

It was pure silence until we reached our apartments’ doors.

“What do you feel for Min Hyuk?” Jaejoong said, breaking the silence. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“What do you mean? He is my bestfriend,” I answered.

“And what do you think he feels for you?” he asked again.

“Why are you asking weird questions? Of course I am his bestfriend and like a little sister to him,” I answered again.

“I didn’t know you can also be so dense sometimes,” he said, shooking his head. Before I could say another word, he was already inside his apartment.

Weird guy! Kim Jaejoong, I really couldn’t understand you!

END OF POV

JAEJOONG’s POV

A little sister? I shook my head. I couldn’t believe she hadn’t noticed it yet.

Damn! I felt like I would have a problem with MinHyuk. I thought it would be all fine without Yoochun here but now, this guy came! AISH! ~~~~~~-ah, why do you attract men so much?!?

I immediately fallen asleep as my back hit the bed.

Too much for the first day of working as a poor….

END OF POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I'm back with a new chapter! sorry for updating just now. I was trying to make a longer update. I felt like I owe you guys that one.

Anyway, hope this is long enough...
It's also boring, sorry again.

As you can see, I put two new casts. Min Hyuk is from CNBlue and he is my bias so I put him here, hehe. Hope that's just fine with all of you

Yay! I have 9 new subscribers! and I reached a total number of 80 subscribers! thank u very much! *bow* *bow*

MLovesUfiveloveoftvxqYunjaeloveLeahEyah4min_saranghaePeaceLoveMusic1TokkiCheriepop_05dark1988

For tose who comment, thank u so much!

likeamanJaeSunHae_cyIridescentKJung_Jangmielleboojae_wifeyivylicious18leeminklmpunvalerie_sunhaexX_SecretTime_xXcrescentlovepop_05Cupcakes10000 

thank u for the comment! *bow* *bow*

Anyway, that's all for now!

I'll update as soon as I can

n_n

DATE: October 25, 2011