Chapter 1

It All Started With A Bet

 

“Welcome to ‘Heaven Café’, ma’am, sir. May I take your order, please?” I asked the couple in front of me. They looked at the menu for a while before turning to me with a polite smile.

“I’ll have one cappuccino, please,” the woman said.
“Make that two,” the man ordered.

“Right away, ma’am, sir.” They smiled at me one more time before going to a vacant table.

“Two cappuccino,” I told my co-worker and friend, Yoona. She smiled and made the orders. I sighed and looked around.

There were only few customers, like always. I was at Heaven Café where I and my friend, Yoona, were working. We were not just friends but also classmates. Yoona’s parents owned this coffee shop. Her parents were nice enough to give me work. They even wanted me to live with them but I declined. It was already enough for them to help me have money through working.

I was renting a small apartment near here, so practically, they were just my neighbours. Every time I need something, they were always there to help me.

I was an orphan. My parents died a year ago. We were not rich so I was left with nothing. Yoona’s parents and my parents were friends so they helped me when my parents died. That was why I didn’t think my life was cursed. I felt that I was still blessed for having them around.

“Done,” Yoona said, waking me from my trail of thoughts. I looked at her and smiled. I got the orders and gave to the customers.

“Another one, boring day,” Yoona said as I went back to my place, behind the counter.

I was the cashier and she was responsible for making coffees. Her parents taught her their techniques so that when they were not around, their daughter could take care of their business.

“Come on, Yoona. You will take over this coffee shop in the future. You should change your perspective,” I said and she pouted.

“You know that this is not my dream. I want to become a designer in the future, not a coffee shop owner,” she whined.

“Then tell that to your parents. I know they will understand. They are so nice,” I told her.

“I know but…”

“If you are thinking of this shop, why don’t you let Jiyeon take over when she is at the right age?” I suggested. Jiyeon was her little sister. Yoona was two years older than Jiyeon.

“What?!? Are you freaking serious? Do you want this shop to close? That girl doesn’t have passion of becoming a coffee shop owner,” she reacted.

“Are you sure of that? Did she tell you that?” I asked her.

“She doesn’t have to tell me! All she wants to become is be an actress! She wanted to appear on the television and be popular!”

I shook my head and sighed. No, that was not exactly right. Yeah, Jiyeon wanted to become an actress and be popular but she also dreamt of taking care of their business. She told me that when I once saw her secretly making coffee. She was just embarrassed to say it to anyone because it didn’t, according to her, fit to her image. I understood her. She has an image of a spoiled brat girl. But as they said, ‘Don’t judge the book by its cover’.

“Anyway, let’s not talk about my sister. Let’s…” she stopped and looked at the entrance door when it opened. I looked at what she was looking and was also surprised. Who wouldn’t? It was just no other than…

DBSK, the Kingkas of our school…

What are they doing here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hi! Sorry for this short and lame start... I'll try to make it better. I don't know when i will be able to post another update but I'll try as soon as I can.

Thank u for those who subscribed in my story and also to SaranghaeyoMinhoOppa and zyrenahre_14 for ur comments! n_n

DATE: September 17, 2011