Fate

My Boyfriend or My Butler?

Author's P.O.V.

 

After Kwangmin got wild and almost killed himself, he was sent to another police station that can be seen in a deserted place. Kwangmin had no idea where he is but he knows he was brought there to avoid him from escaping.

He was wearing handcuffs when he stepped out the cop's car. He was accompanied by other police men and when he arrived, other prisoners in striped black and white uniform stared at him as their new friend or maybe enemy.

Kwangmin had to work as a prisoner. He had to carry big rocks and other prisoner's jobs. He had to get tired the whole day and only eat a few foods. He had to get beaten by other prisoners for being too quiet inside their jail room. He had to think about you, about the memories... the last time he saw you...

Then one night, your father came to visit him. He was too shocked when he heard he have a visitor. The president.

"I'm sorry," your father apologized and lowered his eyes.

Kwangmin didn't say anything. He was still stunned by the presence of your father.

"I don't know if I should have told you..." He said.

"Is she really dead?" Kwangmin finally asked.

Your father looked up at him and sighed. "It's been 5 days..." he went on changing the topic, "How are you doing here?”

"Is she really dead?" Kwangmin repeated his question. "Because I can't believe it, President. You know I love her so much. She loves me too. We could have been happy if you didn't send me to jail...  if you didn't blame me for stealing 50 million from you. Because I didn't. Why did you lie? You know I'm helpless. I don't have parents. I don't have family that can help me. I only have my Hyung. And now... I haven't been with Se Kyung for a long time, and then one day she's gone. I just can't believe it. Please tell me it's not true..." his eyes were tearing up but he was trying to stop them to appear strong in front of your father. "Please tell me she didn't kill herself because of me..."

Your father sighed again and looked away, "Let's talk somewhere else.  Somewhere quiet." He stood up and walked away after gesturing to Kwangmin to come follow him.

Kwangmin's tears fell when your father turned back but he wiped them away a little later.

They went in an empty office.

"Why are we here?" Kwangmin asked and looked at your father closing the door behind him.

"I'm afraid someone might hear us." He said in a low voice.

"What are you talking about?" Kwangmin asked again.

"It's about your Auntie."

"What's about my auntie?"

"She told me... to do it."

Kwangmin's eyes widened. "Do what?"

"I regretted everything, Jo Kwangmin. I thought I'd feel comfortable. But I'm not. Everything is bothering me. The wrong things I did. The time I sent you to jail. The letter you received, the letter Se Kyung received. Your auntie made me write them and then she sends them off."

"What? What do you mean? Se Kyung-ah is..." Kwangmin started to look pale.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. But I can't take it, seeing my daughter very depressed. Seeing her locking herself in her room, hearing your brother's voice everyday calling her, I'm also trying to separate those two but I decided not to. Today... I'm going to tell them it's all a lie."

"How could you?"

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I was tempted! I was selfish! I only wanted what I want my daughter to be and who I want her to be with. I was wrong." Your father cried softly as he kneeled down with his two knees. "Please forgive me."

~~~~

And then suddenly, all the lights turned off. Your father stood up in surprise. He and Kwangmin looked around and then your father tried to open the door but it won't open.

Kwangmin watched the back of your father. All his words coming back into his mind.

"President... “He called him but before your father could turn back to Kwangmin, someone hit his head with a bat and then he fell on the ground with his head bleeding.

Kwangmin was surprised, his mouth dropped as he looked at the man who did it.

"L...Joe?"

L. Joe smirked and faced Kwangmin. He was wearing an all-black shirt and pants. "I can't let you be happy with her now that you know she's alive..." he said in an unpleasant gravelly voice, giving him a shaky grin.

L. Joe took a step forward to attack Kwangmin but Kwangmin dodged himself. He rushed to your father and tried to help him stand up but L. Joe threw a bottle and it shattered just over his head.

Kwangmin pushed L. Joe to one side and he fell on the floor, dropping the bat and also a knife. Kwangmin stepped away from him, praying that he'd stop this nonsense but L. Joe still crawled over to the knife and was getting to his feet. He grasped the knife and threw it to Kwangmin but Kwangmin dodged it again.

The knife hit the mirrors and they were shattered and broken into pieces. Some fell on the ground and some smashed against L. Joe's face but he got to his feet and tried to catch Kwangmin with his arms outstretched.

Kwangmin didn't move a muscle. His figure remained motionless. He didn't know L. Joe had a gun behind his pocket. He slowly pulled it out, took a step forward to Kwangmin, and pointed the gun at his chest.

Then they heard a roar of the shot and Kwangmin felt the blow to his chest. He was unable to breathe, a spasm of pain spreading through his body like fire.

"She's only mine." L. Joe said in a low voice.

Kwangmin didn't turn down. He took a step forward to L. Joe and L. Joe was surprised.

"Don't come any closer or I'll shoot again!" He yelled at Kwangmin.

Is this my fate? Kwangmin thought. Am I going to die like this? Without even saying goodbye to Se Kyung-ah? Without showing her... how much I love her?

He gasped for breath and walked closer and closer to L. Joe. He rested his hand on his shoulder and hugged L. Joe.

"What--- What are you doing?" L. Joe stammered and stunned.

"Please... leave us alone." Kwangmin was able to say those words in a very weak tone. "Please... Just accept the fact. You don't have to do this. You don't have to be a killer...Why can't you just accept it? Just at least do something good for her to be happy, L. Joe. To make her truly happy. “Kwangmin smiled weakly and fell on the floor, with his hands covering the bleeding of his chest.

~~~~

L. Joe thought about what Kwangmin had said. He bit his lip and felt afraid of what he had done. He's a killer, a murderer. What he had done cannot make you happy. It will make you hate him forever. That was what he thought.

Suddenly, he heard your voice.

"Appa! Kwangmin-ah! Appa! Kwangmin-ah! Come out!" You were calling for your father and Kwangmin while Youngmin was trying to stop you from coming in to the burning police station. Fires were around. It was all because of L. Joe.

I have to save to my brother, Youngmin thought. Youngmin made up his mind and looked at you. "Stay here," he said and you looked up at him. "I will take them out." 

"What? No, don't! It's too dangerous! I don’t want you to get hurt!" You yelled.

"I don’t want you to get hurt either. Kwangmin and your father wouldn't like it if you get hurt. It's our duty to keep you safe. So just stay here and wait." He smiled and rushed inside the burning police station. Other police men and prisoners were already out, and there was only Kwangmin and your father's absence. You were so worried that your mind felt like exploding.

~~

"I set up that fire... I thought this is the right thing to do," L. Joe whispered to himself and looked at Kwangmin and the President.

He kneeled his left knee and put Kwangmin's arm around his shoulder. "Come on, were coming out. Don't lose your hope, Kwangmin-shi." He said and stood up with Kwangmin. When he reached near the unconscious President and father of yours, he also helped your father and put his arm around his shoulder. He was in the middle of two unconscious people.

He kicked the door open two times and then saw that the fire was spreading all over the station.

"Just leave me here... I won't survive here anyway. Just save... Se Kyung-ah's father." Kwangmin murmured.