3 Points, 3 Words

My Boyfriend or My Butler?

Author's P.O.V.

 

You felt uncomfortable while you and Youngmin walked back for school. You had a bad feeling that someone was watching you behind but every time you turn back there was no one.

You did not have any idea that Kwangmin was actually following you and his own brother.

He was sad while following and he doesn't like what he had seen.

He took out the necklace he had bought, the reason he had escape from school only to buy it for you. But then he thought, should I give it to her? What if she would throw it away?

Kwangmin hadn't really heard anything about Youngmin's confession to you. All he thought was that Youngmin was helping you about something, about the punishment and that he is only making you happy.

He thought that Youngmin isn't his rival.

He truly likes you and he can't stop that feeling.

Even if she pushes me away, I won't stop, he said to his self.

He put back the necklace into his pocket and tucked his hands in his pocket.

* * *

He went back to school. He didn't ride a taxi or anything, he only walked behind you and Youngmin. Like a stalker.

When you arrived, you and Youngmin went back inside immediately while Kwangmin decided to stay in the basketball court.

He held the ball with his hands and tried to shoot them but it won't.

If I can't shoot even one ball, then it only means I have no chance to Se-Kyung. Maybe she only likes me because she thinks I'm Youngmin. She doesn't love me as me... but I do love her as her. So I have to shoot this ball. He thought.

He tried once again but he always failed. He rested on the ground for a while, sweat running down from his forehead, memories with you and him, kept flashing on his mind, the memory when you said you like him but he doesn't.

"You're wrong," he whispered and buried his face into his palms. "You're wrong, Se Kyung-ah."

He stayed there until it was dinner time.

You were in your room and you had ice cream on your refrigerator. Youngmin bought it for you back in the mall. When you've seen ice cream , he noticed you wanted to eat so he bought some for you.

You are very thankful to have him, despite the fact that you think he is Kwangmin. You said on your mind, thank you so much for the wonderful day, Kwangmin-ah. But you were just wrong, you haven't realized that you have been a fool all those days.

Shortly, you took out an ice cream from the ref and took a spoon and started eating. You heard something from outside so you opened the curtain of your window and you saw Kwangmin there, lying down the ground of the basketball court, soaked with his own sweat.

You suddenly became worried about him. Your legs wanted to go to him, but at the same time you were stopping yourself. You closed the curtain and turned back from the window, your legs were shaking. What should I do? What's happening to him? You thought.

 

 

 

 

Until you can't just stop the guilt in your heart without a reason.

You ran outside with the ice cream in your cup and with a spoon, too.

You passed by the dining room and Youngmin thought he saw you while he was eating. He shook his head and thought, that wasn't Se Kyung, right?

Later you were finally outside.

You ran as fast as you can until you reached the basketball court.

Kwangmin stood up and dribble the ball and then he raised them and threw them yet it didn't shoot. He sat on the ground again and you heard him said, "I'm a failure..."

You looked at him with worried eyes and then you called, "Youngmin-shi..."

He was shocked then he turned to you. "Se Kyung-ah!" He stood up quickly and he suddenly felt humiliated. He stammered, "Wha-- what... what are--- you doing here?"

"I heard a noise." You said. "From here. And I saw you. So I came down to know what's up with you."

He smiled and looked down, "Do you want to know?"

You didn't respond and just looked at him.

He turned his back at you and took the ball and then stood in the 3-point line of the court. He dribbled the ball again.

"Youngmin-ah, what are you doing?"

"If I shoot this... that would be 3 points right?"

"Neh." You answered with a nod.

"Then if I shoot this, I'll ask you a favor."

"Eh?"

"Can you call me 'Oppa'? "

"Oppa?"

"Yeah, that. I really don't like it calling me by that name." Because I'm not Youngmin, I hope I have the courage to tell you that but I don't, he thought.

"Alright." You pouted and continued eating ice cream. "Go on. I'll eat ice cream while you concentrate on shooting it."

"And..." he added, "If I shoot this successfully, you'll call me Oppa, then I will tell you the words I want to tell you."

"What do you mean?"

"Just some things you need to know." He glanced at you over his shoulder and smiled. He turned to the basketball net keeping his shoulder width apart and pointed toward the basket.  He was holding the ball with his shooting hand and rested his opposite hand on the side of the ball and then focused his eyes at the back of the rim.

He extended his arm up and snapped his wrist as the ball is released from his hands.

You watched the ball as it flied up and up and then it shoot in the basket.

Both of you were surprised.

He wasn't able to shoot any ball not until you came to watch.

He turned to you with a big smile on his face.

Your mouth dropped and then you smiled widely.

"You did it!" You exclaimed. "Seems impossible because when I saw you from my room you weren't able to shoot any!"

"I know. I guess it's because you came. I had my inspiration." He said and your smile faded. "So, call me oppa now." 

There was a silence for a brief.

"Call me Oppa." He repeated. "Didn't you promise?"

"I never said I promise." You protested.

"Still!"

"Fine, fine. From now on, I'll call you Oppa."

"That means you're not angry to me anymore, right?"

"I'm not anymore." You smiled. "At least, were friends now so forgetting about what I said the other day would be good." You said and looked down. You blushed. "How embarrassing..." 

"I don't want to."

You glared at him. "Ya! Youngmin-oppa!"

"Ya! I told you to call me just 'Oppa!' not Youngmin-oppa! Please!"

"Tch. Fine, fine. Oppa, happy?" You rolled your eyes and turned back.

"Wait, I still haven't told you what I wanted to tell you."

You remembered what he said so you turned back to him and crossed your arms. "What is it?"

"Because I successfully shoot a 3 points... then, I should tell you the 3 words I've been dying to tell you."

"3 points? 3 words? Whoa , you were really ready about this, right?"

"Of course." He smiled.

"Go on. You still have to eat dinner, right?"

"No. I told them I'm not eating. Because you're not eating too, then I'm punishing myself too."

You were speechless.

Then he went on, "So, the 3 words..." he looked down and clasped his hands together. "If I tell you don't be angry ,ok?"

Still speechless.

He turned to you and gazed into your eyes, but you can hear his nervous tone and his eyes were also nervous.

"I Love You." He confessed.

You widened your eyes in surprise.