It hurts

My Boyfriend or My Butler?

Author's P.O.V.

 

The following day, when you came out of your room, Kwangmin approached you.

"Se Kyung-ah," he said. "Are you mad at me?"

You didn't answer him, you just smiled and said in your mind, I'm not mad. Then the bell rang and you walked away heading for class.

You took a seat beside strangers leaving your original chair empty. Kwangmin  and Youngmin both kept looking at you, but it was obvious you felt uncomfortable since you looked away and tried to get serious listening to the teacher.

After class, you stepped out of the room and encountered with Kwangmin again.

You rolled your eyes and took a deep breath.

"Youngmin-ah, can you please stop following me?"

"Why not?" He demanded. "You've been ignoring me. Is this what couples do?"

"Well --- were not couples now. You're not my boyfriend and I'm no one to you. And will you please stop following me and looking at me like that? Your eyes --- I don't like it and your smile. Don't make me accuse you as Kwangmin. Your Youngmin, your not Kwangmin so ---" but he cut in.

"You think I am Kwangmin?" He asked.

"That's because you dyed your hair and you smile like Kwangmin when I last saw his picture and also your eyes --Aish! I hate it, ok? So, it's better to ignore each other even just for a while."

"Because what? Because you think I'm Kwangmin? and... because I confessed to you? Is that why?"

You looked down and pressed your lips together in order to keep from exploding.

"Can you just keep away from me? I'm begging you ... Oppa." You looked into his eyes the moment you called him 'Oppa' and once again remembered the night you ran away from him after hearing him confessed.

"Oppa," you added, "I need to concentrate on my studies. And I don't want to get disturbed ,because I already have a lot in my mind. You don't understand me, but I hope you will just listen and at least pretend to understand. I can't go on like this. I can't just tell you what I feel for you, because I am still confused about some things, Oppa. Not just because of you... but..."

You cleared your throats. "Nevermind, I'll get going now. I'll see you around." You smiled and walked away from him, leaving him speechless.

 

Kwangmin's P.O.V.

 

I went back to my room and noticed Youngmin sitting on the couch and clasping his hands together while looking at the cup of brandy on the table in front of him.

I sat on the bed opposite him.

"What's wrong, Hyung?" I asked him.

He half-smiled and stopped clasping his hands together. He leaned his back on the couch and looked into my eyes.

"I have something very important to tell you," he went on.

"What is it?"

"I'm worried about SeKyung-ah. She haven't been giving any attention to me. I'm worried that she's mad about something. Why do you think is it?"

I looked down and felt guilty. Because of me, Se Kyung's not giving him any attention, so I thought it was my fault. "It's my ---" but before I could tell him what had happened last night, about my confession, he cut in while looking away.

"Maybe she heard me." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"Remember yesterday? she was punished not to eat anything. So I brought her out. While listening to a music, she might have heard me said something ... or maybe she just felt uncomfortable after yesterday ..."

"What do you mean by yesterday, Hyung? what did you tell her?"

"I told her that I'm Youngmin."

"What???"

"But... I'm sure she didn't hear that..." He looked into my eyes.

"But you told her?"

"I'm sure she didn't hear that," he repeated himself, "that she might have heard something else that's why she sung louder at that time."

There was a brief silence. I was only looking at him, waiting for him to tell me.

"I told her I like her." He finally said and somehow, I felt my heart breaking.

He giggled silently, "I know, I know... Why did I like her? I asked myself many times, but ... I don't really know why. I just like her... because I want to be always by her side, I want to take care of her... and I want to be someone to her. Sometimes, I want to be in your position. I'm the real person she likes... because I'm the real Youngmin ... but of course, I don't want to tell her. Don't tell her. If she finds out, that would be a big trouble."

I looked away and then at the brandy. I took the glass of brandy and raised them into my lips and when it was empty I placed it back on it's place.

"You like her, huh... Hyung..." I said in a weak voice.

"Kwangmin-shi... you don't feel the same way for her, right?" He asked while crossing his arms. I looked away again, aware that he might notice the pain in my eyes.

I thought for an answer for a while. I didn't want to lie to him, but I don't want him to know that I am in love with the girl he likes, or love ...

"I don't have such feelings for her." I told him.

He smiled and sighed. He stood up and lie down our bed. I was sitting on the bed ,so I moved away and take a sit on the couch.

"I really like her , yet I don't want to tell her, because I love her already." I watched him as he closed his eyes and placed his arms behind his head. "Kwangmin-shi, what do I do?" He asked me. 

I felt my eyes filling with tears and felt my voice shaking and breaking. I didn't want him to notice so I hurriedly scurried into the bathroom just inside our room.

I locked the bathroom door and looked at myself in the mirror.

I felt betrayal about everything.

I don't want to hurt anyone.

Don't want to betray anyone.

It doesn't matter if I'm the one that is hurting inside.

But not the two most precious people in my life.

I the faucet faster and louder and washed my face with water.

Even with the water on my face, I still cried silently.

Then I heard Youngmin knocked.

"Kwangmin-shi, are you okay?" He asked in a worried tone.

I can't hurt my brother, I thought.