Lies ?

My Boyfriend or My Butler?

Author's P.O.V.

 

You were speechless when Kwangmin confessed to you.

"Youngmin-ah," you stiffened and dropped your ice cream and the spoon on the ground. "What did you just say? were you just lying? I mean, joking?" 

"Eh? I'm not joking. I'm serious."

You laughed as if you just heard a funny joke. "Shut up, Youngmin-ah. You're not being funny; your joke is not funny at all."

He took a step forward towards you but you stepped back with your eyes wide. Your heart was trembling and your legs were shaking. He gave you Goosebumps but you just couldn't believe his words. A famous star like him would fall in love to me? Impossible! You thought.

Then you ran away from him.

You stayed in the backyard where you've seen the most beautiful garden you've ever seen.

 

You remembered when you and Youngmin hang out outside and when you two were listening to a music.

There was no volume when he first put on the headphone for you.

You noticed him look at you while you were finding a way to turn on the volume.

"I like you," you remembered Youngmin confessed to you and just before he could say anything else, you volume up the headphone. You were nervous by the time he said he likes you and you didn't intend to hear more. You pretended to sing, so that he won't notice.

 

You sat down the grasses and tears run down your eyes. You hugged your knees and rested your head on them. You took a deep breath and then thought in your mind, "This is just a dream. It's impossible for them to like me. It's impossible. They're just lying; they're just playing pranks on me. How dare they are lying to me... how dare they..."

 

While staying in the garden, you almost fell asleep but then someone called you.

"Miss?" an old woman called you. You raised your head and wiped your tears then quickly stood up to face her. It was one of the servants or maid in the school.

"Oh, what- is it?" You asked.

"We've been searching for you." She smiled warmly and you remembered your grandma, the last smile your grandma gave you before she died and remembered the last words she had said, take care of your mother, but you weren't able to make her favor come true.

"The president is on the phone," she said and handed the phone to you.

"Daddy?" you asked excitedly and take the phone from her. You placed the phone near your left ear and said, "Daddy! You called! I miss you so much ---" but then he cut you off.

"I heard you had low grades in class." He said in a gravelly voice.

"Eh???"

"Haven't you heard that I'm not taking you back home if you failed school?" He sounded like threatening you. 

"But daddy ---" he cut you off again.

"The exam is coming. At least do well in the exam. And forget about having a lovey moment with Youngmin for a while. Think about yourself, about your future. And don't give me scandals. Our servants saw the scandals you have made in school."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, you didn't know?" He was mad. "A student in your school secretly sends a letter through email sending me videos of you kissing with Youngmin. Or was that Kwangmin? Oh, whatever. And then another video kissing another twin? and also the video where you jumped off the pond just to get that damn shoe? You didn't have to do that, honey!"

"But dad, you gave it to me. Besides, that was the only shoe I had."

"Forget it. Just do what I tell you. If you fail in the exam, you have no place to come back to."

"Seriously, daddy, you're not really going to kick me out right?"

"I'm serious... Se Kyung-ah."

"But... what if?"

"Let's hung up already. I still have a meeting in a few minutes."

You sighed, "night meeting again?"

"Yes." He whispered and without saying goodbye he hung up the phone.

You were disappointed. You gave back the phone to the maid and then walked away.