Youngmin's Confession

My Boyfriend or My Butler?

Author's P.O.V. (Don't get confused that you call Youngmin as Kwangmin and Kwangmin as Youngmin, k?  :) ) 

 

Youngmin volunteered to put a bandage on your leg but you decided that you will do it for yourself. When the two of you came out, you were called by the principal to go to his office and you did. You waved goodbye to Youngmin and walks inside the principal's room.

You take a seat on the chair in front of his table.

"Principal, why did you call me?" You asked nervously.

"About my vase," he went on. “You do know it's mine, right?"

"Eh? Ahhh..." you looked at the floor. "I do, and I'm sorry. Am I going to be punished?"

"Obviously." He said. "Starting tomorrow, no breakfast, no lunch and no dinner for you. Not even snacks."

"EH?!" You looked at him in a surprised expression. "Why? Why? Why? Principal, I can't accept that. I can't live without anything in a day!"

"I can't live without giving you this punishment after breaking my heart."

"EH?! I didn't! I only broke your vase!"

"That's part of my heart, sweetie." He smiled.

"But---" He cut you off.

"No buts! Just go on and wait for dinner tonight and sleep. Now leave."

"Principal, I beg of you. I really can't live without eating anything. You don't want me to die because of starvation, do you?"

"I said... LEAVE." He glared at you and then you pouted and stomped outside his office.

* * *

Later while moping outside the bathroom again, you had a talk with Youngmin while you two rested for a while sitting on the floor and leaning your back against the wall.

"Tomorrow, I won't be able to eat anything." You told him.

"What are you talking about?" He looked at you, distracted.

"It's my punishment for accidentally breaking principal's vase." You sighed and hugged your knees. "What do you think am I going to do? How about you? You said not to worry-"

"Just don't worry. I already have a plan."

You smiled. "What's your plan?"

"You'll find out tomorrow."

* * * 

After class the following day, you just cleaned the campus alone not seeing the Jo Twins around. You heard girls gossiping about how stupid you look in a Janitress uniform but you ignored them. You could feel your stomach growling because you haven't eaten lunch yet and you couldn't wait for tomorrow.

You stayed in your room and decided not to look at the others eating because you don't want to die right there watching and you also don't want your saliva to fall.

You just read your favorite book, Beastly, while in your room.

You only read 2 pages and then you threw them on your couch.

Why is my life so boring? You thought.I'm so hungry, God is punishing me. Why do I always have bad luck? Nobody loves me, and I'm always unlucky. My dad doesn't like me, the principal hates me, girls and boys hates me, and Youngmin-shi doesn't even like me. My only chance is Kwangmin-shi. He said he have a plan. I can't wait for him.

Afterwards, someone opened the door. It was Youngmin-ah. He was wearing sunglasses and a brown hat. He looked like he was in disguise and it made you giggle.

You looked at him excitedly. "At last you came, Kwangmin-ah!" You climbed down your bed and he stepped inside your house. "What do we do? What's your plan?"

"Were escaping from school."

"Eh?"

"Don't worry. Just for 1 day. They won't know if we don't let ourselves get find out, right?" He giggled and squeezed your hand against his. "Let's go."

* * *

The two of you run quietly for the students and school staffs not to notice the two of you.

You were almost noticed by L. Joe but then Victoria came to talk to him so he didn't see the two of you.

You ran with Youngmin while he was still holding your hands.

Then the two of you successfully stepped out the school. Both of you laughed because you have accomplished escaping from school.

You raced with him again going to the road and called for a taxi.

Finally, a taxi stopped by and the two of you get inside.

* * *

You two came into a restaurant and ate there. You ordered beef soup and spaghetti while Youngmin ordered just a coke.

"Are you sure you're not eating?"

"I already ate. Just order whatever you want. I'll pay them for you."

"Where did you get your money?"

"I and my brother worked in a coffee shop before and I saved a few money."

"Ahhh ~~~ that’s cool. Should I go to work again?" You said while your mouth was full of spaghetti.

He giggled. "If that's what you want why don't you get a part-time job? That would be great for the president's daughter to get a job. People will idolize you. "

You giggled. "Right. Like you?"

He looked down and you regretted for saying that.

"Sorry..." you apologized and stopped eating. “You and Youngmin quit the band... I'm sorry for that."

He half-smiled.

"But, why did you quit?" You asked.

"I have no idea. Maybe because we didn't want to get more stressed. As you know, our parents died in a car accident..." you just listened to him attentively. “And Kwang---" he paused and looked at you. "My brother, Youngmin-ah... he wasn't the same after what had happened. He always buys vodkas, or wines or beers and then gets drunk every night and day. Then one day, our auntie and uncle came to our house. They showed us documents that they are the real owners of our house. They made us stay there, but they had their own sons too. Two of them, our cousins. They were drug addicts, I guess. But I know this sounds funny, but while we were there, the 4 of them treated us like Cinderella man. We couldn't even go with the band to make our new music release and can't even go with them in the concert and tour. It was like that. So, I told my brother that we should just leave... so we did. We went everywhere, in a coffee shop, we stayed there for a week and also worked there... no one knew. So, you shouldn't tell too, okay?"

You couldn't believe what he just said but you just nodded.

"Continue eating. Sorry for bothering you." He said.

"No, you weren't." You demanded. "I was the one who asked you to tell me." You smiled and continued eating.

Shortly after eating, you two went to a mall and looked for headphones.

"I want to buy a headphone!" You said and turned to him. "But I don't have money so..."

"You want me to buy you a headphone?" He continued but you shook your head.

"No, not that. I wasn't going to say that. It's just that, I don't have money so why don't we listen to music in the headphone? It's free right?"

He smiled and nodded. "All right."

He took a headphone and put them on to you and he also took another headphone for him and then the headphones. Both of you listened quietly to the heartwarming song. The same song was played in the headphone and in the screen was a karaoke, lyrics where shown to the same song you were listening with Youngmin.

Youngmin turned to you and smiled as he watched you singing. He couldn't hear you but he could imagine that he could hear you. Then he turned down the volume of his headphone to listen to you singing.

You did not notice him watching you. He couldn't stop himself but smile.

He was falling in love to you.

"I like you..." He said in a low soft voice.

But you didn't hear him.

"I hope you can hear me, Se Kyung-ah..." he whispered. “I like you so much. I'm Youngmin. I'm not Kwangmin. I should be the guy you love. I'm the real person you like in the first place... but... I don't have the courage to tell you... because I already like you..." he turned to the screen. "No, I think it's more than that. Because I love you. You always brighten up my day, you always made me do things I have never done before, you always made me think about you day and night. You always make me worry about you. And I like it. "

You looked at him and then he gazed at you. You smiled and take off the headphone since the song had finished already. "I forgot to tell you something. I had a really weird dream the other day."

He just looked at you.

"I dreamed that ... you were drunk, and I guess I was drunk too. Then you kissed me to get away from a girl confessing to you!" You giggled and looked away. "Impossible right? Or... maybe it wasn't really you, Kwangmin-ah. Maybe it was Youngmin."

It was me, Se Kyung-ah, he thought and then sighed.

Then he took out a bracelet from his jacket's pocket. The bracelet was silver and it had small yellow roses around it.

He took a hold of your hand and then he put on the bracelet on your wrist.

You were shocked, "What is this for?"

"Don't worry. It doesn't mean anything. It's just a gift from me... for loving my brother." He lets go of your hand and take off his headphone. "And for becoming my friend."

You smiled.