Test Papers = Love

My Boyfriend or My Butler?

Author's P.O.V.

 

You spent all your days with the real Youngmin. He taught you how to solve problems in Geometry and also about number lines which you find real hard.

One night, Youngmin went to your room with a bunch of Geometry books. He began tutoring you again and all he said and taught was all in your mind.

After studying...

"Kwangmin-shi..." you said in a low voice and both of you gazed into each other's eyes at the same time.

"Thank you for everything ..." you thanked him with a big smile on your face.

"No problem." He said. "Tutoring you seems like tutoring myself too."

You continued smiling even when you looked away from him to take your ball pen and put them in your drawer.

"You're beautiful when you smile." He complimented.

You looked at him. "Why? I'm ugly when I'm not smiling?" You joked and giggled.

"Of course not, it's not like that," he demanded. "What I meant is you're prettier when you smile. Girls are usually scary when their eyebrows met."

You giggled again and stood up. "You're really funny," You placed the pen on your drawer along with the tiny notebooks you used as scratch papers. "I can't wait to test what you taught me. I hope I will pass the exam... especially in Geometry and French Class." 

"I'm sure you will. I'm the best tutor ever, don't you think?"

You looked at him and smiled, "I agree" you said and sat on the couch. He was still sitting on the chair in front of your desk.

He faced you and his smile faded away.

"What's wrong?" You asked him.

"After the exam, are you planning on talking to my brother again?"

You bit your lip and then smiled, "Of course."

"Whether you pass or fail?"

You looked down at the table in front of you and nodded your head.

"That's a relief." You saw him smile and clasp his hands together. Then he continued, "I have another question for you."

"What is it?" You waited.

"Why ignore us? Why want to focus in your studies? Why didn't you just spend your time studying with us instead of ignoring us so that you can be alone?"

"I told you, Kwangmin-ah. If I do that with the two of you, I can't focus."

"Why not?" He demanded.

You swallowed hard and tried to find the right words. "Because...because...I'll get distracted."

"Do you like my brother?" He asked in an insolent tone. 

You looked at him surprisingly and then looked away in seconds.

You couldn't answer.

"I'm going to ask you again, do you like my brother? More than you have liked him when he was still in the band? When he wasn't your boyfriend? When he wasn't with you?"

"I don't know, Kwangmin-ah... please stop asking me nonsense questions."

"Or," he went on, "Do you only like him as Jo Youngmin, a member of BoyFriend Band? Like a crazy fan girl?"

"Kwangmin-ah, I told you I don't know!" You yelled at him. Despite yourself, you felt your eyes filling with tears. You felt the nice breeze with all the windows wide open.

Youngmin heaved a deep sigh.

For a moment, there was a heavy silence.

"I heard you back in the mall," you said.

He looked at you, surprised and shocked.

"You said you like me..." you continued. “That’s when I volume up the headphone so that I wouldn't hear anymore. Because if you knew that I heard you, I was afraid you would want an answer. Because I couldn't think of an answer."

"Se Kyung-ah..." he called your name.

"Mianhe, Kwangmin-ah... but I'm very confused about my feelings..." you told him and a tear fell from your eyes.

"What do you mean? Why are you confused? Is it because...you like my brother?"

You just cried and sobbed silently. You buried your hands in your palms.

"Then what am I to you, Se Kyung-ah?" He asked you in a breaking voice.

You still didn't answer.

"Does my brother know? Does he like you?"

"Mianhe... Kwangmin-ah... Mianhe..." you kept on apologizing without even looking at him. "I don't know what to do... who to choose... I don't know whom I like..." 

"Why? All you have to do is follow your heart. Is that so hard?" He asked you icily and irritated. You moved your hands away from your face and looked at him worriedly.

"Why?" Youngmin continued. "Are we tying in your heart? Like I'm 50% and he's 50%? "

"No, Kwangmin-ah, it's not like that..."

He stood up and reached for the door knob but you stopped him and blocked the door way. You held his arms tightly so he wouldn't leave.

"Please, Kwangmin-ah..." you pleaded.

"Listen ... I really like you," tears fell down his cheeks from his eyes, "but I think you don't like me, eh? Maybe I'm only 1% in your heart and for my brother is 99%. Is it?"

"No...Kwangmin-ah... please don't be like this. "

"Do you like me, Se Kyung-ah?"

You were speechless again and decided to let go of his arms. "Is it okay if I don't answer your question?" You smiled with tears running down your cheeks. "Like what I did to your brother?" You added.

"It's okay." He said and smiled. "Anyway, were not questions in a test paper.”

Shortly, he left you and you cried alone in your room.

* * *

It was exam day already and everyone were so quiet. All of you in class took exam in one room with all the subjects.

While looking at the test papers, the real Youngmin's images kept flashing on your mind, and in your mind he is Kwangmin.

You shook your head and started answering every single question in the test paper.

* * *

You finished last in the exam and when you left the room, Youngmin was outside leaning his back against the wall and his hands tucked in his pants pockets.

You looked at him from head to toe, and then he noticed you had come out.

Both of you gazed into each other's eyes.

"How did it go?" He asked you.

You smiled. "Great. It was hard, but I did my best to pass the exam. I hope it comes out good. How about you? "

"Been doing my best for you." He said. 

"Great" was all you could say.

Then Kwangmin saw the two of you. You and Youngmin looked at him.

"Hey," Youngmin called him and smiled.

Kwangmin looked away and turned back. "Sorry for disturbing the two of you..." he walked away and then Youngmin waved goodbye to you so that so he could follow his brother.

* * *

Kwangmin went outside the school and Youngmin grabbed a tight hold of his wrist.

"Kwangmin-shi! Stop!" He yelled at him and they looked at each other. "What are you doing?!"

"Hyung --- what do you mean? I was just ---" but Youngmin cut in.

"Why didn't you tell me that you like her?" Youngmin asked Kwangmin.

Kwangmin was surprised that his brother knows but he pretends not to care and looked away. He moved Youngmin's hands away and turned his back. He didn't want his brother to see him crying secretly, he wiped his own tears away and turned back to Youngmin.

"Its okay, Hyung. It doesn't matter that I like her. It will pass some time." Kwangmin told Youngmin sadly.

"Kwangmin-ah, what are you trying to tell me? You can't do that, I will forget about her, I promise just don't stop liking her. You two are meant for each other!"

"Hyung, I'm not you. I'm not Youngmin, I'm Kwangmin. She likes Youngmin ... doesn't she?"

And then without knowing, you were behind them. You heard all of it and you were shocked by what you heard. 

"What are you two talking about?" You asked them and they looked at you. They were surprised to you, you felt your heart sank, your whole body wavering, your eyes filled with madness and fear. "What do you mean?" You looked at Kwangmin. "You're Kwangmin?"