Boyfriend

My Boyfriend or My Butler?

 ~~~Author's P.O.V.~~~

 

"Daddy!"  You pouted and called your Daddy. He's actually the President of Korea for almost 3 years and you are now 16. You are also homeschooled but you've been to a school before, less than a year. Then watch Boyfriendband's MV's and their concert and other videos. Then when there's nothing to watch ,you sneak from home and go to the club. You never party anywhere, except the clubs. Then when you are bored, you play! But now you're 16, all you want is someone special  to be your boyfriend.And that's Jo Youngmin.

"All I want for my birthday is  Youngmin-ah! I don't need books to read! I've read a lot of them! I need a boyfriend!"

"But honey ---" You daddy looked at you and held your arms as you two head to the kitchen. "Don't you have a boyfriend already?"

You wiggled  away from his grip. Being stubborn again. You glared at him and he looked at you in disbelief, of the way you are acting -selfish and stubborn. "All guys  only likes me because I am your daughter!" You told him. 

"So if Youngmin-ah is your boyfriend, he will like you not because you are my daughter but what?"

You thought for a moment, shaking your hands nervously behind you. "Well..." Your voice was croaking. "He will like me," You stared at your Daddy. "He will love me for me!"

"Honey -" You cut him off.

"Daddy - don't you understand it? He is the only person that caught my attention in the first place!"

"I thought you only like him because he does not know how to wink?"

"Well, it's different now. I just really like him because I think he's nice."

"I don't think I can give you that kind of gift, honey. Not unless I can blackmail him."

You rolled your eyes and stomped back to your room upstairs. Your Daddy just sighed and sat back to the dining chair, rethinking your request about the gift that you wanted.

 

~~~Meanwhile...~~~

It has been 3 days since the Jo Twins from the Boyfriend band quit from the band. It hasn't been in the news yet, their manager thinks the Jo Twins will still come back. But they ranaway from home after their parents died in a car accident and their precious house was under the name of their Auntie Yoon Sung and Uncle Yun Ho. Ever since that accident, they've been missing in action.

 

They didn't know the Jo Twins are working a coffee shop. They have been in a slight disguise the past few days. Both of them wearing geeky glasses and Youngmin dyed his hair brown just like Kwangmin's. Their hairstyle is so the same too which made them look exactly the same. Different when Youngmin's hair was blonde. Only the shop's manager knows who they are, the Jo Twins begged the manager not to tell anybody. It has to be a secret : they are homeless, they quit in the boyfriendband, they are living on their own.

A man wearing a formal outfit comes in with some guards around him that time. He sat on a chair and the small red table in front of him. Youngmin walks to him to for his order.

"Do you want some coffee sir?" Youngmin asked him. The man nodded without looking at him and Youngmin continued. "What kind of coffee sir?" He asked not sure if it was the way to ask a costumer. He handed the man the menu and the man grabbed it from him and looked at it. 

Youngmin could hear the man murmuring to himself unaware of Youngmin's loud hearing.

"How can I convince  that guy to be daughter's boyfriend..." he murmured with a sigh then turned his head to Youngmin. Youngmin quickly stood firm. "I can't choose, but can you give the highest priced coffee please?" He asked with a half-smile.

"Sure, sir." Youngmin leaned closer to get the menu and gave the man a big smile and a bow. "Please wait for your order, sir." He said and headed to the counter.

The manager gave him a grip hold to his arms eyeing him with those big dark eyes.

"What's wrong, manager?" Youngmin asked and unravel his manager's grip from his arm.

"Don't you know that guy?" The manager asked him in a low but very deep voice, it only showed he was slightly mad.

"Who --- who --is he?" Youngmin asked, stammered.

"What's the matter here?" Kwangmin comes out from the dressing room."Manager, what's wrong?"

The manager glared Kwangmin, "He should have address the President as President not sir." He corrected Youngmin, turning his eyes at him again.

"Pre--president?" Youngmin was stuttered.

Kwangmin walks between them."Forgive him, he didn't know." Kwangmin said in a low voice.

The manager sighed, "Go make him the coffee, Kwangmin-shi."

"OK" Kwangmin agreed and continued with his job.

Shortly, the manager told Youngmin to buy sugar in the market. He walks out the shop to but it while Kwangmin put the coffee on the president's table. The president looked up at him then away then back at him, surprising Kwangmin.

"You are Kwangmin-shi? from boyfriendband?" He asked.

"HUH? I--I" Kwangmin stammered. "No!"

Slowly, your father pull off the glasses Kwangmin was wearing and he was stunned to see it was really him. "It's you." He smiled. "Where is your twin?"

Just then Youngmin came in and placed the sugar into the counter and he was shocked to see that Kwangmin wasn't wearing his geeky glasses anymore. The president - your father ,walked near to him and placed his hand on his shoulder. "I have a favor." He said.

The twins went to the dressing room to have a private talk with your father.

"I need Jo Youngmin as my daughter's boyfriend." Your father said.

The twins widened their eyes in surprise. "Boh?!" They asked in unison.

"Just --- " Your father thought for awhile, "3 months? But I will pay ! 50 million!"

"Boh???!" They asked again in unison, exchanging looks then back to your father.

"Or maybe you two don't want to be separated? How bout this... hmmm... Youngmin as my daughter's boyfriend and Kwangmin as her butler? "

"I don't want to be someone's boyfriend, especially that I dont even love that person. Even if she's your daughter." Youngmin told your father.

"Don't you need money? You two are working, doesn't that mean you need money? why? what happened? how about the band?"

"We left the band." Youngmin said and looked down.

"Then this is the right thing, Youngmin-ah. Be my daughter's boyfriend, and then Kwangmin-ah is her butler. Then after the 3 months end I'll give you the money. Like I said 50 million."

"Are you blackmailing us?" Kwangmin asked coldly.

"It's not like that." Your father answered.

Then Kwangmin looked at Youngmin and Youngmin looked at Kwangmin then back to your father.

"We need the money but -" Kwangmin cut off his twin.

"I'll pretend to be Youngmin then." Kwangmin said.

His twin, Youngmin was shocked.

"No. No, dont do that, Kwangmin. I know you dont want to be someone's boyfriend ."

"If you dont want that, then let her choose. Let her choose who's Youngmin between us."

"Look - this is not a game."

"You're making it look like a game!" Kwangmin yelled at Youngmin then looked down. "I just want what's best for you, Ok?"

"I should be the one saying that to you..." Youngmin said.

"Let's just agree. You said we need the money." "

"Ok."

"But it would be better if we let her choose. She will get confused who's Youngmin between us. Won't she?"

"I think so."

Then your father interrupted and placed his hands on his hip. "Ok! Then this is a Deal! whoever my daughter chooses as to who's Youngmin, he will be her boyfriend. And the one not chosen is her butler! "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~