Don't touch my plate

CINDELIQUENT

POV of TOP

I cannot believe I wore a dress, ulgh. I’ve never done such embarrassing thing... that fugly! I am not even sure why I am just letting her get away with everything. *sigh* I guess I still feel bad about telling on her when we were kids and seeing her father hit her, I want to spoil her a bit just to even things out.

Remembering how she kept hitting her head on the dashboard made me laugh. She is really... I am not even sure how to describe a girl like her, one in a million I guess.

****************

That Top left me alone while he dashed away. Grrrrr... I don’t even know anybody.

I decided to follow the smell of food and found myself standing in the middle of the garden all eyes on me.

Then some light focused on where I stood déjà vu.  It was like the time I heard prince singing and I just went up the stage. Or maybe not... the light went past me. I followed the light going up the stairs that I didn’t noticed was behind me. The light stopped, a real princess emerges standing in the middle. Our eyes met and her eyes looked confused for a second. The princess graciously starts taking steps down the stairs. It looked like she was floating. I suddenly heard clapping from the commoner behind me, eyeing the princess as I did.

I didn’t even know that I was gaping until a hand tap the bottom of my chin upward; I heard my teeth click by the surprise attack. I abruptly turned around to see what kind of a’hole my fist will be feasting on. I was startled to see Top smiling broadly with his eyes fixed on the princess who was coming towards... us?

The princess smiled, “Hey!” the princess greeted the ogre who stood by my side. I swallowed hard... I cannot believe I am meeting a real princess.

“Hey,” Top greeted her.

“Who is this? Your girlfriend?” the princess asked teasingly. I didn’t even care what she said. I just kneeled on one knee and bowed my head in front of her.

The princess seemed to have been startled by someone like me showing her the courtesy that she deserves. “uhm,” I heard her, she seems to want to say something.

“Don’t worry about her, she’s crazy,” Top said while taking the princess by the elbow. “Let’s meet the person you’ve wanted to meet,” Top said leading the princess away.

I immediately stood up when I saw Top touching the princess. I hand chopped his arm, he let go.

“You cannot touch the princess,” I said threateningly while coming between them, using my body to draw the line where Top cannot cross.

Top used his big palm over my face to shove me aside and briskly sweeping the princess off. The mocking laughter Top made didn’t escape my powerful hearing.

***********************

“You look like you are having fun,” China noticed as Top led her away from the crazy girl. Top just laugh it off.

“You like her that much, huh?” China teased.

Top snorted, “Don’t be crazy,” Top said while trying to compose himself. That fugly... Top shook his head, why is he always laughing with her around.

China suddenly froze when she saw the person she has been dying to see with another girl.

Top noticed. She held China’s hand and walk to where Taeyang and Bridgette were.

“Hey,” Top called out to them.

China was uncomfortable and hesitant to look at the couple who stood before them. Taeyang didn’t say a word. He kept his eyes focused on the other people mingling around. There are tons of people in the party and he don’t understand why they looked all so blurry to him. His eyes can only see one thing... one girl. But even if she stood right before him, he cannot even take a glimpse. If he does, then it would be like betraying his bestfriend all over again.

“Welcome back!” Bridgette happily greeted China.

“Thanks,” China responded with a half smile, her gaze keeps wandering to where Taeyang is but he is refusing to even look at her. He still hates her for what she did... for what happen between Jiyong and Taeyang. She came back to tell JiYong the truth... Taeyang rejected her that day.

*************************

My eyes caught something... and I ended up frozen in shocked.

I grabbed my chest as it tightened with the sight of the buffet table. The food was overwhelming my senses. Oh! My, oh! My...  my head was in a sudden frenzy and I see nothing but the set of meal lay out in front of me. Every one turned to a blur.

I was frantically grabbing everything that I can but it won’t fit on the plate I have. Grrrr... I took another plate but now I cannot use either my left or my right hand because I have to hold the plates. If I put one down, someone might snatch the food I work hard to fill.

“Do you need help?” Someone across the buffet table said. It was a blur figure. I squint my eyes hoping my vision would improve and show me the Good Samaritan that is offering me help.

“B1” I exclaimed when I realized who it was.

B1 laughed or is it B2? Oh! Well as long as he is willing to help.

“Can you help me put those over my plate?” I asked B1. He looked at me with creased on his forehead before putting down the champagne he was holding.

“Sure,” he said with a smile. B1 can be nice if he wants to. He was helping me out when he suddenly stopped and stared at me, “What?” I snarled. Why is he stopping from putting food on my plate?

“Monkey Girl!” he yelled in my face as if he just realized who I was. I would have beaten the crap out of him for calling me names but I restrained myself out of respect for the bagels and cakes smiling deliciously at me.

I smiled at B1 and eyed the cake hoping he will read my mind put that cake in my plate, big chunks.

“What are you doing?” B2 came by B1 sides. Argh! B2 eyed me, “What?” I sneered at the villain who kept my cake from being put to a place where it belongs.

“Who’s the clown?” B2 asked B1. Grrrr... First I am a monkey, now I’m a clown? B1 laughed at B2 for not recognizing who I am.

“What?” B2 innocently asked. B2 eyed me and then as if he realized who I was his pupil dilated like a Eureka moment. Moron!

“Can you please just put the cake on my plate?” I finally said.

B1 laughed while slowly putting the cake on my plate as if intentionally taunting me. “What the hell B1?” I snarled. B1 and B2 looked at each other then B2 laughed on B1’s face. “B1?” B2 said it like there was something funny about it.

“Why am I B1?” B1 protested.

“B1 and B2, they are always together right?” I innocently looked at him.

“Then, who’s B2?” B1 asked. I looked at B2 who was still laughing, B2 suddenly stopped and angrily glared at me “Why are you calling people names?” he angrily reprimanded.

I just want the damn cake, why am I in the middle of this hullabaloo.

B2 seemed to want to start a fight when B1 grabbed his attention. “Dude,” B1 said with his eyes fixed somewhere. B2 followed B1 eyes. I think the mongrels forgot about my cake? Tsk! I accidentally turned my eyes to where they were staring at and I saw my prince. There were some three blurry shadows near him but who cares about those. I cannot believe that this is the same party my prince is going to, we are really meant to be.

“Hey, don’t you think you should be with your boyfriend?” B2 seriously asked. How about the cake? I was seriously pondering whether to leave my food and just head for prince or eat first and then go to my prince. B2 suddenly took the plates off my hand and pulled me to where my prince where. I looked back and yelled at B1 who seemed to be startled by the sudden event. “Watch my plate!” I shouted at him.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” B2 greeted my prince while pulling my hand. My head was turned away from my prince and the other blots of blur. I kept my eyes on the buffet table if anyone dares to touch my food hell will break lose.

I suddenly heard a familiar chuckling. I turned my head around and I was right. Top was one of the blots and he was with the princess. I cannot believe that in the presence of my prince even the princess turned into a blot in my eyes. I really like Prince after all and... Top is really taking advantage of the kind princess, I thought as my eyes wander to his hand holding the princess hand tightly.

I turned my gaze on my princes and suddenly saw Bridgette at the corner of my eyes, she suddenly arc her arms on my prince. There was that sudden pricking inside my chest again.

*******ENDING SCENARIO*********

Bridgette arms arc around Taeyang’s arm.

China and Top holding each other hand tightly.

B2 (Seungri) and I... hands together.

 

What could be running on their minds?