Connection with the KING

CINDELIQUENT

I met with Erik in 24/7 and told him everything that happened in that stupid academy. ‘… I mean what the freaking hell?’ I was delivering my monologue and notice Erik was busy chatting with some girl, instead of paying attention to me. I immediately smack him in the head. ‘What?’ he shouted, I narrowed my eyes. I want to hit him again.

 

After several minutes of hitting each other, Erik was ready to listen. His face was already all swollen. Grrrr, this guy … I would need to repeat everything from the start, and so I did.

 

After telling Erik everything AGAIN, I sat down exasperated. ‘If you feel so bad about it… then why are you grinning up to your ears?’ Erik commented ‘What?’ I sneered at him. Erik immediately covered his face in defense. I was going to hit him again just to teach him a lesson when I saw the time.

 

I stood up and told him ‘It’s time to get moving’

 

‘We have been doing this for how many weeks now, and we have not found any leads whatsoever’ Erik whined. The way he is too relaxed about this is really annoying ‘Shut up!’

 

We are looking everywhere for the old man’s bike; I even look into other people’s garbage. I am hoping … I just cannot let it go without trying.  I am that desperate that I even beg this monkey to help me out and he has done nothing but to complain every night.

 

After 3 hours of lurking around in the alley where I lost the old man’s bike, we decided to go home. There was not a single person who saw who took it. I mean, it was broad daylight when I lost that bike. I am still clinging to this hope that unlike me, the people who took it or found it will return it. And maybe the reason why they cannot return it is because there was no plate number.

 

I might be clinging on a false hope but I have been to countless fortune tellers, and they kept telling me ‘what is lost will be found’. It was that weird old woman’s - with a big mole hanging at the tip of her nose - fault that I ended up going to one fortune teller after another.

 

We were on our way home when I saw the masterpiece just across the street being drag by a bunch of thugs towards a dark alley besides the bar they came out from. I don’t really care, that bastard deserves to be beat up anyways. I was going to continue on my way when I saw Erik running on the other side of the street following the thugs with the masterpiece. What the ? I was going to immediately run after Erik but cars suddenly appeared running to and fro blocking my path. I don’t really want to end up in the hospital again, so I waited for the all the cars to passed through before crossing the damn street.

 

I immediately punch Erik in the shoulder, when I caught up to him peeking through the alley. I tilt my head left and right, moved my shoulder in circle preparing to join the brawl. I really don’t want to, but I thought there is no helping it since I am already there. The bastard is my schoolmate after all.

 

I walked at the alley’s opening ready to kick some ; I was shock to find the damn masterpiece standing over the six thugs all beaten up on the ground. His eyes were covered by the night, but the tip of his nose, down his lips… his ed polo shirt, I manage to get a glimpse of its magnificence by the flickering light shed by the post behind me. My chest suddenly itches again…

 

He looked our way and took a step towards us. Erik pulled me to the side, I really don’t want to. Why should I move just so he can walk through? But that jerk Erik, when he was not able to pull me decided to push me instead. I lost my balance and end up falling down on my face, grrrrrr.

 

I was going to rampage, but when I turned around I saw that Erik nodding his head like he was saying ‘wuz up?’ to the masterpiece, and I saw the masterpiece nodding back like ‘hey’ before walking away. I blinked my eyes for a couple of time, what the freaking hell was that? They seem to know each other.