TOP

CINDELIQUENT

                I stood in front of the mirror wearing the sailor uniform of MQ Academy. My hair is now braided to the left and to the right. I really never like my hair to be long, it just gets in the way when I am fighting, but this time I am keeping it.  The big eye glasses across my face made me look smart. “What’s with the eye glasses?” Erik pops behind me with chips all over his mouth “None of your business!” I snapped at him.   The eye glass is actually something to cover my face … I don’t want anyone I know from grade school to see me looking like … a girl.

                It has been over three week since the time I first step foot in MQ Academy. I have forgotten what has happen then, until I met a student handing out some flyers. The picture of the shoe I threw the gorgeous boy at the time was printed in it. What a sore loser?!

****************************************************************************************************

I can hear a faint sound echoing in my ears… the sound seems so familiar. I wonder what it is… I keep thinking while staring into nothingness. I was caught by surprise when a book fell from the sky and into my desk My desk? Then I remember I am in class. The other student laugh as the professor stand beside me with her arms folded across her chest, looking down on me … I would have made a ruckus when the other student laugh if it was the old days, but then again I am trying to be a proper lady now like my step sister, at least to thank the old man so I have to take everything in. I just bowed my head as I grit my teeth. This is going to be tough, I thought while fighting the urge to flip my table upside down and start beating everyone up.

I ran to the cafeteria during the first break. I have never seen such a school cafeteria that beats the entire restaurant I have ever gone to with my monkey friends. If I know how a 5 star restaurant looks like, I think this would be it. I was drooling while following the smell of food; I can’t wait to taste everything. I wipe the drool on my face as I stood before the food counter. My eyeball almost fell out of its socket when I saw how much the food cost. I blink a couple of times but the price didn’t change. What the hell? My entire salary from my part time job would not even cover a full meal. The lady at the counter smiled showing her pearly white teeth; it was so bright that I end up spending all the money I have in my pocket for one drink. I stared at the canned juice, took a deep breath and started walking away. I have to savor every last drop of this, I told myself. I don’t even have a sandwich to eat… I am so hungry. I was walking back to the classroom while staring at the canned juice; I don’t think I have the heart to drink it in one gulp. I wanted to cry… my money. I was still pondering and mourning the loss of my money when a male student bumps into me. I drop the canned juice I was holding, and for some reason my patience seems to have evaporated in one go. I can feel the murderous aura emanating from the pit of my stomach. The male student stared at me for a moment… my fist is starting to itch. I don’t think I can hold back. I was going to let him have it regardless of the consequence when the male student open his mouth ‘FUGLY?’ he muttered, I was going to hit him even harder but then he smiled. My fist automatically stopped. His smile is so welcoming that I just couldn’t do it; I don’t want to ruin that face.

 

I am starting to hate the school, I feel so victimized by all these good looking people. I walk towards the canned juice I dropped and then walk away. I am feeling so down. I was not able to beat up anyone in my class … after laughing at me, I was hypnotized to give away my hard earned money in the cafeteria, and then a guy I don’t even know called me fugly, such an annoying first day.

The professor was already starting to discuss in front, but I don’t understand a word she was saying. I don’t even know what subject she was teaching. I was sitting there pretending to listen as different food starts popping in front of my eyes as if teasing me. I can hear my stomach grumbling… I didn’t even realize that my hand move on its own trying to snatch one of those flying sweets. I know they weren’t real … but what if they were? Then, I will really be an idiot. I was in the middle of arguing with myself when I decided to wake up from my stupidity. Before I knew it, I bash my head in my own desk. I forgot about the fake eyeglasses I was wearing, thank goodness that it was just for show and there is really no glass inside the frame.

 

                I was startled when I look up, the professor was frozen with open just a few steps away from me. Then I notice for a second that everyone was staring at me. I wonder why… This school is freaking weird, I thought. I cannot wait for the day to be over… and finally it did. Ah! I feel like I lost one year of my youth just attending this academy.

                I was happy to be getting out of the academy when some keeps blocking my way. I wanted to kick him, but not today. I decided that as long as I am within the confine of this academy, I shall not get into fights, because I am a lady. I look up and try to put a smile on my face; I must have looked ridiculous because as I looked at him straight in the eyes he giggled… I can recognize that expression. It’s the same expression I usually have when I compare my friends to monkeys. This bastard dares to compare me with a monkey?! My fist was furious… I am trying to control myself but suddenly it feels like my shoulder was hit with a bolt of lightning that my entire arms went flying to the bastards face. It is unfortunate but he manages to stop ‘my fist of fury’ with his left hand. He smiled and let go when someone called out his name, 'TOP'

*************************************************

                I was turning round and round… I cannot sleep. The image of that bastard as he catches my fist is really cool. Grrrr… I was biting on my own pillow because I cannot suppress the anxiety that is rising within me. I have never lost a fight and the incident earlier is eating up on my warrior pride, so I roar like an ape king just to get it out of my chest.