That's the guy!

CINDELIQUENT

I was inside 24/7 store, where I actually work part time. I can afford to skip school, but I cannot afford to miss work. I mean, where will I get my money for food if I don’t go to work?  ‘Are you sure it is alright for you to be here?’ Elli asks worriedly, looking at my cast. ‘Bro, I will not be here if I can’t’ I told him with confidence. Elli is Erik’s brother, and he is the reason I manage to get the part time job at the store.

 

I was mopping the floor while Elli is manning the register when the door swung open. It was the ‘Masterpiece’. The hell… my hand hasn’t healed yet, did he come for my other hand? I hold the mop like a weapon, getting ready to whack him if he decides to do anything. But he ignored me and just looked around for a bit. How can such rich snot be in a place like this? I wonder while continuously glancing his way, pondering what kind of evil scheme he is planning but I cannot get anything from the way he is acting, oh! Man, he is good…

 

Then, I thought, the pretty boy might steal something from the store just to get me in trouble. That can really happen. So, I mopped where he is. Carefully eyeing what he is doing like an eagle eyeing its prey. I circle around him with my mop, ready to swing at him if he tried anything. He stood at the fridge where all the chocolate drinks are. I stood behind him, glaring at his back. Just try it bastard, I thought. Then he opens the fridge and took some bottled drinks. Before he can close the fridge, I swat his hand with the mop I am holding instantaneously under the belief that he is planning to steal it. The sound of glass breaking echoes inside the store as the bottled drink he was holding smashes to the floor. He looked at me seriously and said ‘I am not going to pay for that’, and then he took another one and went to the counter to pay. My jaw dropped. I knew it, he was playing this mind game, and I lost. Now, Elli will have to deduct my salary for this. This is so irritating, revenge is a must.

 

                I walk right next to him, and hold the mop upside down. The wet cloth at the bottom of the mop was dripping on his shoulder. I wish it could have reaches his face but then he is too tall. He will notice that I am doing it on purpose if I hold the mop a bit higher. I was looking obliviously at Elli while he was counting the change. Elli was looking at me, reprimandingly. I just ignored him. I guess, Mr. Masterpiece had enough and snatch the mop from me. He walked towards the door and just threw my mop away and came back for his change. I immediately ran for my mop, it is company property.

 

                I furiously pull the door open, but it was not budging, so I kept pulling. I was so mad, there is nothing running on my mind now except I will need to kick some . I was frantically pulling the glass door to open. Elli and the pretty boy were looking from the cash register frozen. Their face was full of question; I am not sure what that was for, then someone from behind push the door open. ‘Ah! I forgot. It was push not pull’ I nod as I uttered, ‘Ah!’ When I turned to see who it was, I jerk a bit. ‘What?’ I snarled at Erik accusingly. He could have told me to just push the door instead of doing it himself, now I look like an idiot.

 

                Erik walked past me snickering. I am not sure what he was so happy about. I followed him but then he suddenly ran out. When I looked to see where Erik was headed to, it was outside … there was a girl, tsk… Erik is like a dog in heat, jeez! Whatever. I continue to walk inside.

 

Mr. Masterpiece was leaning on the counter sipping on the bottled chocolate like he owns the world. er, I thought again without realizing that I am uttering the word. Elli jilted and looked at me like I said something unforgivable. I ignored Elli and shouted angrily ‘You are interrupting the business’I pointed at Mr. Masterpiece when I notice there was a long line waiting to pay. I thought he was going to make a fuss but he straighten himself up and walk out. The girl who was lining up to make a purchase suddenly made a disappointing sound. As soon as the masterpiece left, they all return whatever their holding back in the shelf, what the hell? These girls are like fly that would gather in all types of . I laughed at my own thought.

 

                ‘Ah’ Erick exclaimed from outside ‘That’s the guy!’ he keeps shouting at me while pointing at someone. I looked back and shouted ‘Shut up!’ I have enough stupidity for one day.