Sound of an Angel

CINDELIQUENT

 

I ran down, crossing one hallway after another. I cannot believe I am late again. Why did I even try to take a shortcut? I am not even familiar with the academys’ in and out, now I think I am lost.

 

Then, out of nowhere my ears suddenly hear some melody. It was amazing, ah! This must be an angel’s tune, I thought. The next thing I knew, I was standing before the academy’s theatre door. This door is the only thing keeping me from meeting an angel. I open the big door with all my might. And there he was, with the theatre light focus on him. It was Prince! I muttered. My feet move on its own toward that light, toward where my prince is, his perfection is beyond this world. But for some reason the masterpiece sleeping in the nurse’s office with his polo ed register in my head, I shook my head, as if to take out some unwanted memory. The prince is the only one I should be looking at… My Prince.

 

When I awoke from my daydreaming, I realize I was already standing on the stage in front of My Prince. He stopped singing and was just looking at me with that smile. Reminds me of the first time I met him outside McDonalds. That damn smile… melting all the senses I may have left. I took his hands and once again I said ‘BE MINE’ with conviction, the microphone caught the sound of my voice and it echoed within the theatre. And just like what happen outside McDonalds, my vision suddenly expanded. Crowd of students magically appear in the theatre hall. They were all whispering, glancing at me one after another. I was still holding on to his hand when security came from behind me and literally tried to pull me away. I have no intention to let go… I tightly hold his hand, but then I saw the Masterpiece in the front row of the theatre hall. Considering how he broke my hand just for staring at his body, I wonder what he will do to me considering that I am holding his friends hand. Damn! He might break my other hand. I really don’t want to let go, but on instinct I did. I want to hit myself for doing that. The girl flocks around Prince asking if he is alright while I was being taken away by the security.