The Cruel King

CINDELIQUENT

I open my eyes… Ah! Not again. Why do I always end up in a hospital? I really don’t want to burden the step mother, but no matter how much I try it is not working. I was just staring at the ceiling pondering why I am always attracting trouble, when some shadow pops up. I instantaneously sat up, bumping my forehead to the shadowy figure.

 

I was holding unto my forehead. Damn it! I feel like I bump into a concrete. When I turn and look to see, it was another person. Ah! It’s that bastard… the masterpiece … it’s a shame he is clothed now. I guess he read what I was thinking and glared at me. ‘What?’ I scoff at him, remembering how he tried to kill me. He walked at the foot of my bed just so he can glare at me, so I glared back. I can see he was gritting his teeth; his hand was in closed fist. It seems he was trying to hold his anger back. Is drooling over him while he was sleeping such a grave wrong for him to harbor so much hate? Or did he remember that shoe I throw at him? I can sense the murderous aura all over him. I would have run away, but I thought he cannot kill me inside the hospital. So I decided to stay put.

 

                For about ten minutes he just stood there glaring. If his eyes are knife, I could have been stab 100 times already with the look he is giving me. But then, he took a deep breath, turned around and sat at the chair across the room. I just sat there, the image of his body keep flashing back in my head. I shook my head but it is not working, but if I don’t stop this bastard might really kill.

 

                I didn’t notice that there was another person in the room until I hear some chuckles, and hands waving in front of my eyes. I guess I end up staring at that masterpiece again unconsciously. I blink when I realize that this other person was already beside me, ‘So, how would you rate the king’s body 1 out of 10’ he asks jokingly. I folded my arm across my chest and look at him seriously, my eyes were all sharp … he laugh again and tried to tap my head. There was something wrong with the sound of his laughter and my body move in instinct. Before he could put his hand over my head, my hand grab his arms but my mouth move on its own and said, ‘10’ … ‘What?’ he ask, confused. I was confused too, why would I score the masterpiece 10, there is no way that 10 would be enough to describe his perfectness. I put my left hand under my chin… like what those detectives do in movies when they are trying to solve a crime. I look at the Masterpiece again; he was looking straight at me. His face is burning red; I guess he was trying to hold his anger. My eyes narrowed for a while, and decided to just look up in the ceiling before the bastard try to kill me again for looking at him. His half body flashed in my head again, ‘ah’ I blurted ‘I don’t think you can measure a masterpiece’, I turn my head to the person asking the question, ‘You are a 10’ I continued, ‘But him’ I pointed at the bastard … ‘I don’t think numbers will be enough’ I said truthfully. I don’t think there is enough number to measure a masterpiece, I told myself. I am so smart. The person, who I rate as 10, looked at the masterpiece that just turned his face away. Then the person laughs out loud, and walks towards the masterpiece. The person slump himself beside the masterpiece and then put his arms across his shoulder. My eyes widened, am I witnessing a love affair between men? Oh my god… I find myself anticipating if they were going to kiss or something, but the person looked at me… his smile still plastered on his face. But this time, I can see the entirety of his face. His eyes show no emotion. I finally realized what was wrong with the sound of his laughter a moment ago. His chuckle is full of mockery. I am being mocked I finally realized. I can feel my heart burning, I wanted to hit him. The anger was just surging from the pit of my stomach. I can feel something hot just going ballistic inside my body. I can feel them escaping through my fingernails. I woke up when his hand caught my fist almost hitting his face. I didn’t realize that I just walk straight to this person and tried to hit him, I mean what the hell? I was still talking to myself when he let go of my hand, for some reason my foot move on its own and tried to kick him in the face. He was still sitting down. He manages to ward my kick with his arms. My body step back as he stood up. There was this amount of aura emanating from him, but for some reason instead of running away I just stood there, waiting for him to attack. For a moment, we just stood there looking at each other. He must be angry because I looked at his boyfriend’s body, I would have apologized but he just ticks me off. I was still caught in my own thought when I remember I was in the middle of a fight, his fist was approximately 5 inches away from my face. Too late to duck, might as well hit him back twice as hard.

 

                I am not sure what happen. My fist reaches his jaw before his fist reached my face. The speed of my punch has level up, wohooo. I thought, but then I suddenly saw the masterpiece at the side holding the persons wrist. ‘What the …’ the person uttered before fainting. I knocked him out, wohooo. I raised two of my hands and parade around the room like I just won a boxing match. Then I remember, I should run away… but first I need to apologize. When I turn around, there was another person with the masterpiece. Damn it! ‘What happen?’ he ask the masterpiece, like I am not there. The masterpiece looked at me, like silently telling the new person who came in that I did it. The new person was also out of this world perfect, possibly another 10. Tsk, now I caught that rating thing. He looks at me from head to toe then smirk maliciously. I wanted to rip him apart. He walks straight toward me, with that silly smile across his face, his tongue keep sticking out ertedly. What the?!!!

 

                I was trying to hold myself back; even when he touched my cheek I didn’t do anything. I blink for a moment, and there he was lying on the floor. I wonder what happen, my forehead suddenly hurt like it bumps into something as hard. I rub it momentarily, and then I remember the masterpiece is still there. I open my mouth to apologize for staring at him while he was half , when the other person suddenly moan and woke up. My punches seem to be losing power. He sat on the floor; probably still dizzy... the erted one was already conscious too, he stood up and push my shoulder ‘What the ?’ he shouted. I can feel the burning desire to rearrange his pretty face. ‘What? Are you going to head me again?’ he shouted, head ? When did I?

 

                The masterpiece sighed, but just that one sigh carries such a commanding atmosphere. There was no word spoken but both men just shut up. Then, I feel a sudden itch across my chest, the ?! Come to think of it, I look around and it seems I was wrong. I am not in a hospital. Then where am I? ‘Stop scratching’ the ert snarled. ‘What?’ I looked down and realized that I have been scratching my chest unconsciously. I wonder why it was itchy a moment ago. I must have caught something from these bastards. ‘Where am I?’ I ask. ‘Are you freaking kidding me?’ the person I previously knocked out sneered at me; I shall call him number 10. My eyes narrowed at him. Suddenly, we were in a heated staring contest. Ah! I exclaimed when I saw the broken door I kicked a while back. I finally realize where I am, the academy’s clinic. I looked at the window and it was already dark, whoa! ‘What time is it?’ I ask, forgetting that these bunch of sick’os are my foes. ‘What time is it?’ I shouted while grabbing the masterpiece arm to check his watch. Damn! Its past midnight … I thought while I was falling back on the floor. The masterpiece pushed me away when I tried to look at his watch. My made a loud sound even thought the floors are made of tiles. I immediately stood up and ran out. I have no intention to stay there and start a fight, damn it. I already missed dinner. No wonder my punches are losing power. I need to eat.

 

                I paddle my way to 24/7 and bought some snacks. Ah! I am so happy. I was there eating happily when suddenly there was some ruckus at the store. I turned my head while slurping the hot noodles in my mouth. My jaw drop when I realize who just walk in. The noodles drop back to the hot water in the cup I am holding. But I fork it back again and feed it to my mouth. I was just sitting there, eating while the three stooges walked towards me. ‘You think you can just run away?’ they surround me like some gangster, pointing at me like I did some heinous crime. I almost choke remembering how I haven’t apologized. I immediately gulped on the noodles, stood up, wipe my mouth. I look into the masterpiece eyes ‘I am sorry’ I took his hand and shook it. I thought he was forgiving me, but he ends up gripping my hand like he wants to break it. So I gripped his hand back as hard as he was gripping mine. We were standing there; testing each other’s strength. ‘Hey’ … Elli, Erik’s brother, called out. Smile plastered on his face like he was teasing me. I just looked at him irritated without letting go of the masterpiece hand. In strength, he is definitely much stronger. I think my bones are about to break from his grip. But why should I let him win so easily. I already apologize; he should just accept it and move on. Elli was push back by number 10 and number 10, its confusing so I will call them B1 and B2. Ah! The girls are gathering like flies with these three. I mean if they just stand there during my work shift, I think I will be able to sell everything at this store. I laugh at the thought, until I hear some crack. Ah, my bones finally gave in. The masterpiece let go of my hand when he heard the sound of my bones breaking. I looked at him thinking he might be scared now, but he just looked at me with those eyes like he owns me. My eyes narrowed, I wanted to punch him but realize I cannot even fold my hand to a fist. I shook my hand in front of me, its swaying here and there. Damn! I think I can skip taking the exam considering that I have a broken bone. ‘Indie!...’ Elli called out. He was able to squirm his way to me even against those pretty boys blocking his way. Worry was plastered across his face, and he held my hand. ‘I am calling the doctor’ he said then rushed to the phone. Ah, I really hate it when someone worries about me. It is really burdensome. So, I followed him and snatched the phone away from him. He looked at me, still worried. ‘Don’t worry, by tomorrow this will all be better’ I told him while flaunting my lifeless hand over his face.

 

                I worked up a sweat not to show Elli how much it hurts. Ah! I cannot believe that he actually broke my bones. I might not be able to use my hands again. I really hate those pretty boys. No matter how good looking they are. They should not be able to get away with this kind of . But I am a kid, and too poor. Making a fuss might trouble the step mother. Maybe if I put my hands in a hot water the bones will heal by themselves. Inside the backyard, in front of my space I now call my room, I opened the door. Put some water in the electric boiler, and slump myself on the floor while waiting for the hot water. I fell asleep without realizing it.