Cinderella ... pffftttt....

CINDELIQUENT

I first heard the story of Cinderella when I was in 3rd grade. My classmates were enchanted by it and wanted to become just like Cinderella. They all wished to be sweep off their feet by a charming prince. 

“Pssshhtsk!” I grumbled. The only reason why Cinderella was chosen by the prince is because she is beautiful, had she look like one of her step sisters I doubt that the prince will even take a look at her, I thought.

When Miss Lorna explained that Cinderella was kind inside and out and that is the reason why the prince fall inlove with her I was not able to keep my mouth from booo-ing her. I ended up being punished for no reason at all. How can the prince know that Cinderella was good in and out when they only met at the ball? “Psssshtsk,” I felt the board eraser hit my forehead as I stood at the back of the class, as a form of punishment. Miss Lorna glared at me with her face burning red. I guess I made the pssshhtsk too loud, Pssshhhtsk,” I was not able to stop myself from making that same sound.

 

I ended up in the principal’s office. I watched as Miss Lorna cry and Mr. Forehead, the principal, shook his head while looking at me with eyes full of disappointment. I am not sure why until he asks me to bring my parents or else I will be suspended. I wonder what I did wrong.

 

My feet felt heavy as I course through my way home. My little body cannot take all the stress. I still don’t know what wrong I’ve done, Mr. Forehead didn’t even bother to tell. GRRRRRR … roaring like a wild monkey is the only thing I can do. I have to think this through. Instead of going home, I went to the park.

 

I stood over the swing and tried to defy gravity while pondering the reason why I am in trouble. I was deep in my thoughts when I heard a loud cry behind the bushes. What the?  King Kong was bullying a small kid in my turf, how dare he? I picked up a few rocks and aimed it at King Kong and his cronies.  King Kong glared at me and I glared back.

“Don’t think just because you’re a girl I will take it easy on you!” king Kong shouted while pointing at me.

“Challenged accepted,” I roared before dropping all the rocks I am holding. I lurched to where the king of bullies is. I kneed him in the crouch and then elbowed his chin. I did not watch Jackie Chan’s and Jet Lee’s movies for nothing. I guess I took it too far because when king Kong dropped on the ground his mouth was bleeding. The rest of King Kong’s gang was too scared to attack me. I was going to leave it at that but that king Kong just can’t keep his mouth shut “I’m going to tell on you, FUGLY!” he shouted like he wants to get beat up more, so I rushed back and jumped him while throwing multiple punches in his face until the grown up heard his cry.

**************************

My cheeks were swollen as I lay in bed just staring at the ceiling. Ah, my father’s big hand is still as heavy as ever, nothing’s change. Everything is still my fault, isn’t it mother?

 

Everyone in this town knew what happen to my mother. She died because I was born. When I was in pre- school I realize why I am being hit for making a simple mistake.

 

It was the 24th of December; father was made to choose between his unborn child and his beloved wife. My father insisted that the unborn child be sacrifice. They can always make another baby. Knowing the choice my father made, my mother beg my father and the doctor to save me. At the end, my mother killed herself in the delivery room to save me. It was a big mess that local news got interested in it, and it was escalated to bigger news. Ah, my mother is a selfish woman.

 

I heard the door opened and I knew who it was so I pretended to sleep. She must be looking at me with those eyes of pity again.