Forty One - Playful Fate

DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forty One – Playful Fate

The news was instantly sent to the family in Korea. Mrs Do fainted after hearing the news. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were there and the latter managed to carry him in the master’s bedroom. Baekhyun hugged Kyungsoo who started crying loudly, crouching on the floor and shaking. He too was crying—D.O was like a brother to him as well—and hearing the dreadful news, he just started crying.

Jongin was as worse as Kyungsoo. Kai had a hard time stopping him from breaking things as Jongin cried D.O’s name over and over. He kept telling himself that none of this was happening—that everything was just a dream.

As much as Kai wanted to believe that—but this is reality.

D.O’s body couldn’t find and the current of the river was so strong—they’ve been searching for five hours and with D.O’s condition they all knew he wouldn’t last.

“He’ll come back…He’ll—he’ll come he promised me!!” Kyungsoo yelled as he kept hitting Baekhyun’s chest. The latter didn’t budge. Kyungsoo needed to calm down… it was all too much for him. All too much for them.

 

The day passed and all of them were lifeless. Especially Jongin and Kyungsoo who refused to face the reality. Jongin didn’t leave the guest room even after he woke up from slumber. Kyungsoo still refused to talk to Baekhyun and Kai.

Mrs Do was talking with his husband and she was no better than them.

In Los Angeles, Luhan was sent in the hospital the moment he also collapsed and fainted.

 

Days passed and reality seemed to sink in. D.O’s gone and he’ll never come back. With his absence things began to change.

Kyungsoo refused to talk to anyone—he became cold and distant. Even to Kai and Baekhyun—and even to his mother. The wounds that were left unhealed in his heart will never heal, guilt already took away the bubbly and sweet Kyungsoo they used to know.

Where was that Kyungsoo? He was hidden and still crying inside. That Kyungsoo will never stop crying. But this Kyungsoo who put on his mask stopped, physically. There were no tears anymore—just pain.

And it was the worst—

Because he started everything. The mess… he caused it. Everything was his fault and he doesn’t deserve his friends—

Not even Kai.

Jongin’s grades were dropping and it angered their father. Kai tried helping his brother in assignments but Jongin himself refused. He said it didn’t matter anymore. Nothing matters anymore. The last months of that school year were full of changes. But those changes weren’t for better.

Kai noticed Jongin gradually turning into the opposite of the brother he knew. Jongin’s smile became sarcastic smirks, his eye smile turned to glares and judging eyes. The way he talks, the way he dressed up—.

His brother became a walking mess. Drowning himself in alcohol most of the nights—he started smoking and spen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter