Thirty Seven - Hurting Him

DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thirty Seven – Hurting Him

Everyone was busy the moment they got in the hospital. Luhan doesn’t know what’s going on but D.O was instantly sent in the emergency room. He watched from the outside, on the other side of the transparent glass, crying as the doctors trying to bring back D.O’s heartbeat.

It was getting slower and slower and when Luhan saw how it was slowly turning into flat line he began banging the glass.

“JUNGSOO! JUNGSOO! DAMMIT FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE—DON’T… DON’T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!” Sehun was also crying as he kept his arms around the shorter male who kept thrashing around. He wouldn’t calm down—not when he’s losing D.O.

Luhan struggled from the younger’s arms, but he couldn’t break free. He wanted to run inside the emergency room and shake Jungsoo. He wasn’t dying. He was just goofing around—he would still go to L.A and have his heart transplant done. He would live and be healthy.

Jungsoo was just joking—he will not leave… he won’t leave.

In the end, a nurse came up to the couple and gave the model a tranquilizer to calm him down. Sehun let them confine Luhan as well for the model was hyperventilating.

 

Luhan woke up in a park. It wasn’t a park in Korea—but in Los Angeles. It was the park where he and D.O first met.

“Luhan…” he heard from the back. He turned around and saw D.O smiling at him. “D.O!!” he ran to the redhead male and hugged him tight.

“I knew it was a dream! You wouldn’t leave me!” he said but D.O just chuckled then shook his head.

“No… Luhan… they were all real. I’m dying… I am…barely living.”

“But you’re here! Here, before me, healthy and –“

“Luhan, I came to your dreams to say goodbye.” Luhan was frozen on his feet.

“N-no…” Tears easily escaped his eyes once again. “You won’t leave… you can’t.” he choked in his tears. “You still have a lot of dreams to achieve Jungsoo… don’t you want to reach them? I know it’s hard but can you please try? Try fighting it—you’re strong…”

“But Lu…” D.O started, looking at the clear skies, “I’m hurting so much…”, this time, D.O let the tears fall from his eyes as well.

Luhan hugged his best friend. “Then share your pain… don’t bear it alone. You won’t go through this alone.”

With that D.O smiled and nodded. “Okay…”

 

Luhan sat up abruptly. He looked around and saw he was in an unfamiliar room. Sehun was sleeping beside him. That was when he noticed the IV drip sticking on his hand.

The first person that flashed in his head was his best friend. “D.O?! Jungsoo?!” he called, waking up his lover. Sehun calmed him down and pushes him gently on the bed.

“Where is he Sehunnie?! Where is Jungsoo!?” he asked one more time.

“Hush…Hannie… he’s fine… He’s alive. D.O hyung’s in ICU. They’re treating him well. Please go back to sleep. “I- I want to see him Sehunnie please?”

The younger sighed and called for a nurse to bring a wheel chair. Sehun pushed the model with his chair in the ICU where Jungsoo was right now. He looked so lifeless. He was pale and there’s a lot of apparatus connected to him. Some for his heartbeat, some for oxygen—

Luhan held the twin’s hand and caressed it. “Please Jungsoo… Don’t … don’t leave…” he cried once again. This is the last straw… he needed to tell Kyungsoo…his mother. He couldn’t let his friend suffer alone more than this.

“Sehunnie…my phone…”

Sehun gave the elder his cellphone and Luhan saw that it was already past noon of January 14. He had missed calls from Kyungsoo and Jongin. They were probably worried of D.O.

With shaking hands, he dialled Kyungsoo’s number. It was answered after the first ring.

Before the twin could say anything Luhan spoke first – “Come to the hospital, right now. D.O needs you.”

 

*

Kyungsoo was talking to Jongin through their home landline. He was asking where his hyung was but all Jongin could say was sorry and he was crying on the other l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter