Thirty Three - Happy Birthday

DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thirty Three- Happy Birthday

“W-what the hell is going on--?” he croaked.

Baekhyun heard it wrong right? He didn’t hear anything about D.O going under a heart transplant. He didn’t hear Luhan say that his best friend’s brother was dying, right? But why? Why does it seemed to fit everything? The reason of D.O’s paleness, his often exhaustion in gym class—Luhan’s protectiveness. And the pills- the goddamned pills!

Luhan stared at him wide eyed and D.O just sat up, looking away. “H-How long have you been there Baek—“

“TELL ME WHAT’S GOING ON?!” he snapped. Tears already cascading on his cheeks unknowingly. “W-what heart transplant… w-what dying. Who? Who’s dying?” he asked, voice cracking from choking his own sobs. He kept his gaze on Luhan, not wanting to see how weak and fragile D.O was right now.

“Baekhyun—“ it was D.O who called him right now. That was when he looked at the red head male. His face was now wiped off his makeup and he looked so lifeless.

That was when Baekhyun cried and hugged D.O. Luhan also cried as he looked at the two. Baekhyun held the other so tight, afraid of losing him. Kyungsoo might be his best friend, but D.O was also like his brother.

D.O taught him how to stand proud, head held high. It was him who supported Baekhyun and gave him confidence, strength to fight his fear. If it wasn’t for D.O he wouldn’t be this Baekhyun. He would still be the ugly duckling hiding himself away.

D.O rubbed his back comfortingly, “Baekhyun… please don’t tell anyone. I trust you. Don’t tell Jongin and Kyungsoo. Please?” D.O wiped his damped cheeks with his frail hands. Baekhyun held it and nodded, still crying.

“Tell me…” he choked. Baekhyun looked at him with pleading eyes. “What is wrong with you…”

D.O sighed and held his hands, playing with his fingers.

“I have a heart disease Baekhyun. I wouldn’t last long. I could die anytime, because my life was measured only up to eighteen years or nineteen. I could go through surgery, but you know, there’s no guarantee that I’ll survive during the process.”

“C-can you at least try?” Baekhyun asked.

“I will… but not before my birthday.” He smiled. Luhan and Baekhyun looked at him and they hugged the red head male.

“At last, Jungsoo… you finally made up your mind.” Luhan felt relieved.

Baekhyun hoped that until then, D.O would hold on.

 

*

In the end of their conversation, Kai and Jongin won. They would hold a party in Kim’s residence. All students of YA are invited. D.O and Kyungsoo went shopping together with Luhan and Baekhyun on the 12th of January. It was the Do twin’s birthday and they ate together as celebration. But the main event would be on the 13th which was tomorrow.

The Kim twin’s birthday was on the 14th so they decided to hold a party in between.

 

January 13, the group decided to ditch school to set up the venue of the birthday party. Jongin thought that everything between him and D.O was okay but right now, he could see Baekhyun and Luhan being clingy and close to D.O again.

At first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter