Thirty Nine - Promises and Goodbyes

DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thirty Nine – Promises and Goodbyes

Kai spent the night after he left the party in some club. He had with someone, he remembered it was Krystal. After that, he drank more the next day, but his body couldn’t take so much alcohol and stopped it on his third day.

He was so hurt that Kyungsoo did that to him—when he did everything to make their relationship if not perfect, maybe one of the best. It hurts so much he wanted to scream and curse at Kyungsoo. But he couldn’t—

Because he still loves the older male, no matter what.

Whenever he went out of his room, after that day, he would always see his mother knocking on Jongin’s room. He thought that it was Jongin being the lazy again so he talked to his mother. But when his mother looked at him, she was crying. He asked why, and she told him that Jongin wasn’t eating for three days already.

His eyes went wide. What happened that night? Did Jongin had a fight with D.O? Did D.O know what happened? Because the only person he could think of that could make Jongin a mess was his boyfriend’s twin.

Well—boyfriend. His boyfriend who wasn’t even contacting him That was expected, alright but did Kyungsoo just brushed the issue off and tried to act like nothing happened? Or as if he didn’t just cheated on him? But he knew Kyungsoo wasn’t that kind of guy.

He went to his room and took his phone. Dialling the elder male’s number, he waited for the latter to pick up. But there’s nothing—every call was directly sent to voicemail or sometimes it couldn’t be reached. He repeated that countless times every day, and even in school D.O and Kyungsoo weren’t there. Surprisingly, one day Baekhyun and Chanyeol were absent too. Jongin wasn’t in the mood to go to school either.

Everything was frustrating. He was worried about Kyungsoo—everyone was gone and it seemed like they knew what was going on.

And they’re not telling him and Jongin.

On the fifth day after the party, he tried to contact the elder male once again. It went straight to voicemail. He threw the phone on the mattress that night and pulled his hair out of frustrations. He had already talked with Jongin and Sehun about what happened to him and Kyungsoo through phone days ago. Sehun said that people makes mistakes, also in relationships. He realized Sehun was right and he just forgave Kyungsoo. Kai wanted to talk to the male and tell him that he wasn’t mad anymore but how--? When he kept ignoring his calls?

He couldn’t just barge in their house either. That would be disrespectful for Mrs Do.

So in the end, he decided to contact Baekhyun. He’s Kyungsoo’s best friend—maybe he’ll help him contact the elder male.

However, Baekhyun said that Kyungsoo was having a hard time right now but he will pass the message. Relieved, he spent the night a little peaceful.

The next day Saturday, he was surprised that Jongin said he would go to school for the club—thing that they always do every weekend. He lost weight, and looked like he hadn’t slept for the past days. He tried to talk to him once again but Jongin just said to drop it and he’s so sorry of everything.

Kai was surprised he saw Baekhyun that day. He dragged the elder male to the school’s ground and sat on the bench. Chanyeol though didn’t give them space and went with them by force.

Baekhyun was there for Music club. Chanyeol recently joined the club to be with his fiancé.

“What do you want Kai?” he sighed and Kai exhaled as well. Jongin was behind them and looking at Baekhyun lifelessly as well. But he knew Jongin was also curious why D.O and Kyungsoo hasn’t attended the school for the whole week.

“Can you tell me why Kyungsoo was absent? Also today, I didn’t see him in the music room He never misses singing practice during Saturdays. Tell me what’s going on? Is it still about the party? Did you tell him it didn’t matter anymore and I forgive him—“

“Kai calm down—“

“A-and D.O hyung has been MIA as well. Jongin is also worried about him.” Jongin nodded at the back as he bit his lips, fighting his almost dried up tears.

Baekhyun creased his brows for everything was so messed up right now. He didn’t want to tell the Kim twins what happened this week—D.O’s heart attack and Kyungsoo’s depression. And today—today that everything seemed to be Jongin and D.O’s end plus Kyungsoo’s gradual change in attitude (which wasn’t for better).

His knuckles turned white and looked down. A tear fell fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter