Twenty Eight - Five Days Before Christmas

DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twenty Eight – Five Days before Christmas

“Pass the remaining the bags to me, Baek!” Chanyeol shouted from the back of the van. They’ve been arranging the things that they needed for their five hour trip to Busan. Chanyeol and Baekhyun accepted the invitation and went to Do Residence early in the morning to help the others. Chanyeol were in charge of piling the luggages with the help of his “fiancé”.

Kai and Kyungsoo were packing the sandwiches and the raw meat, sticks and spices for barbeque sauce on one of the plastic containers. Luhan and D.O were busy in the kitchen, placing equal amounts of D.O’s special Kimchi spaghetti on the containers. Jongin and Sehun went out to buy drinks for them.

 

It was already ten when they finished packing. D.O called their mother to tell them about their trip. Unfortunately though, Mrs Do said she’ll have business trip to LA with their dad and wouldn’t be able to make it in Christmas Day.

The twins were saddened by the news, but then the Kim twins consoled them and even told that their parents were in Hong Kong for the same reasons. Luhan is an orphan and Sehun’s family was broken, both parents had their own family that’s why the lovers were always celebrating Christmas together. Chanyeol said his parents were too busy to celebrate such things.

“It looks like we’re going to spend Christmas together then,” Baekhyun clapped his hands excitedly. Today was the 20th of December, and they only have five days to prepare in the rest house.

“It wouldn’t be that bad since we’re also family right?” Kyungsoo said and the others nodded in agreement and gathered themselves in a heart-warming group hug.

Luhan looked at his wrist watch before clapping his hands to gain all of their attention. “Alright it’s time for us to leave. Come on get your fat asses inside the van!”

“MY IS NOT FAT!” D.O argued as he walked daintily to the van. “MINE’S NOT EITHER!” Kyungsoo said as well.

Baekhyun laughed and followed the twins. D.O sat at the very back near the window of the Hi Ace Gray Van followed by Jongin who wrapped his arms around D.O’s shoulders. Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed and sat on the seat in front of them and then Kyungsoo and Kai on the very first seat behind the driver. Sehun was on the passenger seat and of course the eldest, Luhan settled on the driver’s seat.

Luhan the heater as he let the engine warm up. Sehun set up the playlist of music while Baekhyun looked at the back to check D.O.

 

The moment he and Chanyeol arrived in the Do residence, he greeted Kyungsoo and hugged him tight. However when he looked at D.O, the elder twin was taking out the ingredients of the spaghetti from the fridge.

D.O was paler than before even with some cream on his face. Right after D.O introduced him to into world of make ups, Baekhyun studied them already and instantly, he could tell if a person is wearing a make-up or not, even if it goes well with someone’s skin tone.

The elder twin had some concealer, covering his eye bags. His face had some colour because of BB creams but his hands and exposed arms were much paler.

Was he sick or something?

He went to him back then and hugged him. Baekhyun asked him if he’s okay and D.O just smiled and hugged him back.

But Baekhyun could still feel that something’s not right with D.O.

 

The ride was incredibly noisy but it fell solemn when Baekhyun and Kyungsoo started singing along with the music. They decided to get lunch in McDonald’s drive thru and continued their trip to Busan. Along the way, Luhan pulled over and decided to rest in a park. He stretched his limbs from driving for three straight hours.

Jongin and Kai went to buy some ice cream for the eight of them. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun decided to walk for a while and will be back in thirty minutes.

D.O stared at the skies and crossed his arms as he leaned against the van. Luhan went to his side and took one of his hands. “Jungsoo-ah? Are you okay?”

The said man looked at him and nodded. “I’m fine Luhan, you shouldn’t worry everytime.”

“Did you bring your pills? Have you set my number in speed dial?”

He nodded once again and Luhan pulled him into a hug. “Don’t tire yourself okay?”

“Yes, mom.”

Luhan laughed and slap his shoulders playfully.

 

They arrived in the rest house exactly five in the afternoon. Most of them were exhausted especially Luhan so they just ordered pizza for dinner.

The rest house was big enough for both of them. It has six bedrooms and a huge living room. The kitchen was neatly cleaned and it was also near the beach. The breeze of the ocean added to the coldness of the atmosphere.

Kyungsoo slumped on the fluffy bed when Kai followed with arms wrapped around his waist. “Ah… so tired…”

“Kaaaaaai…. You’re heavy!” he groaned when the younger rolled him over on the mattress.

“I can’t help it when you look so squishy!” Kai cooed and peppered the elder with butterfly kisses on his cheek and jaws. Kyungsoo giggled but still did his best to get out of K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter