Twenty Four - Switch

DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for the dances you can look up the Exo teasers XDDD

Twenty Four – Switch

Kai was nervous and the absence of his lover’s presence didn’t help at all. He noticed the way Kyungsoo would try to avoid his kisses and his odd silence from time to time. He wanted to ask why but Kyungsoo’s aura itself sends nonverbal message for him to back off.

Did something happen? Did he do something wrong? He knew he’s been busy and barely had time to be with him and he was sorry for that. He promised to make it up today. He was waiting in the backstage, still hoping that Kyungsoo would come.

 

Jongin was getting worried for D.O wasn’t answering his phone either. D.O never ignored his calls and Kyungsoo’s absence concluded that something was definitely wrong. Kyungsoo needed to be at the backstage for he’s one of the performers in special number line in the event.

“Kai…” Jongin sighed as he ended the call that was ignored once again. The younger twin looked at him, eyebrows creased and all too worried and stressed at the same time.

The elder sighed and sat down and took the bottle of water beside him before gulping a mouthful down. “What’s happening between you and Kyungsoo? I could see he’s been… distant these days…” he tried to sound like he didn’t know half of it. Actually he knew and he’d seen the evidence. It’s because Kai’s a jerk and he hurt Kyungsoo. Although he doesn’t know what really happened, the hurt in Kyungsoo’s eyes was obvious.

Jongin felt very protective of the latter. Even though he has D.O he admits (only to himself) that he’s still attracted to the other twin. He knew it was wrong, very wrong in fact. But he and D.O knew that their feelings weren’t that deep yet.

They like each other, attracted to each other, they lust for each other—but coming to conclusion that it was love wasn’t clear enough. However, Jongin, who was still sure that somehow, a part of him still likes Kyungsoo, could help but to feel guilty.

“I don’t know… It just started last night in our dinner. He didn’t talk much and didn’t even cuddle with me when we slept over their house.” Kai groaned as he ran his hand on his face. “I think he’s still mad about me being so busy and having no time for him…”

The elder failed to fight a snort, “Just fix yourself up, let’s practice one more time before the competition starts.”

 

 

 

The Do twins were preparing the poster they made for Jongin and Kai. Even though Kyungsoo was still upset about what he saw last night, he would still want to support and cheer for his boyfriend. D.O was looking worriedly at his brother the whole time. The moment they arrived at school at seven in the morning, an hour before the competition officially starts, Kyungsoo has been looking down and oddly quiet. Something was wrong but when he asked, Kyungsoo started tearing up and broke down.

The elder dropped the brush on the can of paint and pulled the younger into a hug.

“What’s wrong Baby Soo? Why are you crying?” he rubbed his brother’s back. Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around his brother’s waist. He could take the pain anymore. The squeezing pain in his chest that increased his insecurities kept bugging him. He wanted to be happy, at least for today, for Kai. But then there’s a voice that’s disturbing him since last night.

Who was that girl? Was she having secret relationship with Kai? Did Kai got tired of him already? Was he being too demanding? He would change for better, he would do anything! But if Kai leaves him for someone else what would he do?

“Soo…” D.O rocked their bodies from side to side as the younger kept crying on his shoulder. He felt his shirt got damp from the latter’s tears. He kept rubbing circles on Kyungsoo’s back.

Don’t get him wrong. D.O was still hurt from what he saw last night. But he chose to bury it deep down in his thoughts. Kyungsoo needed him, and even if he’s part of the reason why he couldn’t sleep last night, why his chest hurts, literally and metaphorically, Kyungsoo’s still his baby brother.

He would do anything for him, even forget himself for him…

“H-hyung…I… I saw Kai kissing s-someone…a-a girl.” Kyungsoo finally said between his hiccups. Face still buried on his brother’s neck. The elder though, frowned when he heard it.

“He’s kissing someone else? A girl or a boy?”

“A- a girl…h-he didn’t push her away but even though he didn’t kiss back, he shouldn’t have let her!”

“Hush…Soo… calm down okay? You know Kai had relationships before you right? Do you think she’s just one of his flings be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter